Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Beauty and the Bookworm (Beauty and the Bookworm #1)
This topic is about Beauty and the Bookworm
Archive (Buddy Reads) > June Buddy Read - Beauty and the Bookworm (Jane(PS), Nicole P)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8286 comments **

Nicole P | 3200 comments Hi Jane :)

Can't wait to have a buddy read with you. I know you're primarily a m/m reader so if you have any other recommendations beside the ones below, which I got when I compared our shelves, I'm all ears.

1. Trick Play by Alison Hendricks
2. Beauty And The Bookworm by Nick Pageant
3. Come Away with Me by Kristen Proby

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited May 26, 2018 04:36PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments Hi Nicole!! Sorry I'm a bit late ~ we've been travelling down south to buy a bull and just returned last night :)

I'd be very happy to read Beauty and the Bookworm, but let me just check your shelves to see if there is something else lying in wait!

I don't think I'm up to book 3 in the Eastshore Tigers, and I don't have the audio of Come Away With Me (which is how I read my MF books now :)

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments The only other option I can see would be a freebie by NR Walker that you may enjoy.

Best of Both Worlds is free on Amazon AU (hopefully where you are as well!) and is 114pp.

Just to provide a little choice if you'd like it. But as I said ~ very happy to read Beauty & The Bookworm :)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Hey Jane,

I figured you were busy with something in RL :) Buying a bull. That sounds interesting!

Best of Both Worlds is free (I use the US store). So we can read that :) And Beauty and the Bookworm if you want to?

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments Nicole wrote: "Hey Jane,

I figured you were busy with something in RL :) Buying a bull. That sounds interesting!

Best of Both Worlds is free (I use the US store). So we can read that :) And Beauty and the Bookw..."

Sounds good!

Why don't we read Beauty & The Bookworm first since we both have it (somewhere), and then Walker's Best of Both Worlds pending time constraints? :D

message 7: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments http://www.minnamurra.com.au/wp-conte...

We bought Lot #3 :D His picture is at the back of the catelogue :D

message 8: by Nicole (last edited May 27, 2018 11:05PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nicole P | 3200 comments Is the bull for reproductive purposes? Do you get to leave with it immediately after the auction?

And I'll let KarenH know what book we'll be reading :)

When would you like to start? And how would you like to discuss the book? Chapter by chapter or all in one go?

message 9: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments Nicole wrote: "Is the bull for reproductive purposes? Do you get to leave with it immediately after the auction?

And I'll let KarenH know what book we'll be reading :)

When would you like to start? And how woul..."

Yes - whilst we are mainly a fattening operation, for a bit of interest we started (with this bull) a small breeding herd :)

Re discussion, I tend to just randomly comment if I'm reading on my kindle (which I am). Not sure I'll be disciplined enough to go 'by chapter'!! But I can try :D

Nicole P | 3200 comments I hope the bull gives you many fruitful returns :)

Commenting along the way works for me as well.

Nicole P | 3200 comments Hey Jane,

I'm going to start reading the book now. It's come up in another challenge I'm participating in :)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Mason is an...interesting character. Lots of sass. Blunt. Witty. And this is the third book in a week that I've read with a hilarious (albeit strange and embarrassing) gran in the storyline.

message 13: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments I’m still reading another ebook ~ I’ll start this one next 😊

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jun 08, 2018 09:47PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments Hi Nicole

Started this last night ~ not that keen on the first person POV but will probably settle into it. And some of the humour seems forced via d!ck and @sshole lines... But only just started the second chapter... :D

Havent reached Gran yet... Duh - yes I have, but only a bit so far :D

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments The writing style wasn’t grabbing me at the start but now I’m really enjoying it! That scene at home with Twyla & Gran when he comes home with a black eye is hilarious! Definitely surprising to the upside 😊

Nicole P | 3200 comments Twyla for me started to get annoying. I didn't like her for most of the book.

message 17: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments It wasn’t Twyla herself I enjoyed, just the scene LOL.

I’m still going - will probably finish it tomorrow.

Have you finished?

Nicole P | 3200 comments Yes. I finished it :)

message 19: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jun 13, 2018 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments Better get my skates on! I think I'm at 80% or so.

Its a bit of a wierd book - parts I quite enjoy and others I'm scratching my head going 'why?'

message 20: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments Forgot to post this morning!!

I totally get your comments now on Twyla ~ as soon as I started reading again, she turned creepy & possessive. What the?? She knew Mason was head over heels for Shane!

Anyway - I’ll rate this 3 stars. I didn’t really like the beginning but I was entertained for the next 60%. The last 20% was a bit painful. At least there was a short epilogue even if rather convenient.

Nicole P | 3200 comments I've been a bad buddy! Kept missing notifications. So sorry Jane!

That was my problem with Twyla. I think she was happy to have her fun and her best friend always there for her. And since Mason was this quiet guy, who by all accounts didn't get out much, is all of a sudden in a relationship, she no longer has her best friend and she did become possessive.

message 22: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jane (PS) | 21351 comments Not at all! I was slack on kick off & I have to say the book wasn’t the sort to either remember or devour! I AM glad to have knocked it off my list though!