What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young Adult/Science Fiction; Two kids stranded on an island and find a scientist, who seems to want to help but has a different agenda for them. Spoilers ahead

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Minnaar | 1 comments I read this book between 2009 and 2013, and I have never met anyone else who has read it. It also wasn't a book read often at the library. Its a paper book, not too old.
Two kids (boy and a girl) stranded on an island find only a scientist, who (if I remember correctly) at first takes them in and treats them like VIP's, but has a different agenda and later turns them into animals - one into a stingray and the other into a bird. The morphing process is very blurry, and neither knows whats going on until they are fully awake again and figure out they are animals. They can communicate telepathically with each other, and are both bound by the boundaries of either the tank (stingray), or the property by means of a device on the bird's leg. Eventually they figure out how to escape and are turned back as well, though I can't remember exactly how.

message 3: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 988 comments I second Dr. Franklin's Island. It was great - I loved the stingray scenes.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36502 comments Mod
Here's one of the Google Books previews of Dr. Franklin's Island by Ann Halam - Andria & SBC's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=GHn... There are different cover images.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21139 comments Still out there, Marie?

Thirding Dr. Franklin's Island.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dr. Franklin's Island (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ann Halam (other topics)