Play Book Tag discussion

Erec and Enide
This topic is about Erec and Enide
Archive: Other Books > Erec and Enide - Chretien de Troyes - 2 Stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jason Oliver | 2105 comments This a 12th century story centering around Erec, a knight of King Arthur's table, and everything he overcomes to be with his love Enide.

There are so many "most valiant and unbeatable knights" during this time, that I am surprised there was anyone to conquer. There were so many "most fair ladies in all the land" that it seems like the cast for adult movie. Maybe I got all my fill of these type of knights stories when I read all the stories that made up The Once and Future King, but these stories have no substance. In each adventure of Erec, he overcomes all odds.

So Erec, the most valiant knight, marries Enide, a poor but fair lady. He quits being a knight, but Enide becomes sad because she feels its her fault everyone makes fun of Erec and they don't think hes a man anymore. Erec wakes to Enide crying, so he plans an adventure.

I was unimpressed.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments You are on a kick lately with old timey books! Maybe I just noticed between this and Beowulf. Any particular reason or just in the mood?

Also, it has been a while but I LOVED The Once and Future King. Seems like a lot of things would pale in comparison.

Jason Oliver | 2105 comments I am doing a personal century challenge. 1 book from each century starting in 1 c.e. to present. Check out my challenge thread to see the books I've read. 4 more centuries to go.

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Jason wrote: "I am doing a personal century challenge. 1 book from each century starting in 1 c.e. to present. Check out my challenge thread to see the books I've read. 4 more centuries to go."

Ah, I see! I had not picked up on that despite reading (even if not commenting on) most of the reviews here! I admit that I do not read the personal challenge threads but I may check it out. That is certainly a big challenge...or at least it would be for me!