YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Carter (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited May 29, 2018 05:31PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Please check in!

Members:
Hannah - x
Abby - x
Ari - x
Sharon - x
Carolyn - x
IZEVBUWA - x
Sierra - x

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Hi!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Once everybody gets checked in we will probably want to decide on who is going to make a spreadsheet for the team.

message 4: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Hannah wrote: "Once everybody gets checked in we will probably want to decide on who is going to make a spreadsheet for the team."

Someone in the main thread made one that we can use. I haven't had a look at it yet, but we may as well use that.

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1927 comments Hi everyone I'm checking in

message 6: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Hello!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Tomorrow I will set up the spreadsheet. I will copy most of the other one but I want to tweek a few things. Then we can all start claiming our books for the challenge.

message 8: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Hi, checking in! Nice to meet you all! 😊

message 9: by izzy (new)

izzy  | 1293 comments Hello!!!!

I'm checking in

message 10: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Checking in!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments We've all checked in! I will post the spreadsheet later today/tonight when I get home.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Our spreadsheet is posted in the first post.

message 13: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Thanks, Hannah!

message 14: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Should I just post the books here? Because its not letting me type them in.

message 15: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Thanks Hannah! Will fill in stuff when I get home tonight!

message 16: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Hannah, you have it set to "view only". None of us can edit.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments When I get on my computer later I will change it. I thought that I had it set for everyone to use.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Let me know if it doesn't work. It says that it's set up that anyone with this link can edit.

message 19: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments It works now!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Good. I would feel bad for screwing up.

message 21: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I made a slight edit to freeze the top row so we see the column categories when scrolling.

message 22: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Hi I’m not home currently but would really like to take the Arkansas main character begins when an A slot. Queen of Shadows

message 23: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Ari wrote: "Hi I’m not home currently but would really like to take the Arkansas main character begins when an A slot. Queen of Shadows"

If I were you, I'd use it for Maryland - "Queen in the title"

message 24: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments I was planning on putting Red Queen there! But it wasn’t as important! Doesn’t matter to me which one :)

message 25: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Ari wrote: "I was planning on putting Red Queen there! But it wasn’t as important! Doesn’t matter to me which one :)"

Gotcha! I can add both for you.

message 26: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Thanks! 😊

message 27: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments I have my main TBR planned out on the spreadsheet! If anyone wants one of my spots let me know, I'm pretty flexible.

message 28: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments i have some more books picked out but im at work. i'll put them in no later than Tuesday. i have a pretty busy weekend.

message 29: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'll look at the spreadsheet later.

message 30: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Would Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1) by Jackson Pearce work for a girl with red hair on the cover?

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Sierra wrote: "Would Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1) by Jackson Pearce work for a girl with red hair on the cover?"

I think that it would.

message 32: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Lynn | 1734 comments Hannah wrote: "Sierra wrote: "Would Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1) by Jackson Pearce work for a girl with red hair on the cover?"

I think that it would."

Sweet, thanks!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments I have signed up for 10 already. I read a lot so I can do more but I will wait for everyone to sign up what they can do. Then I will see what all is left and find stuff to read for it.

message 34: by Natalie (last edited May 26, 2018 01:04PM) (new)

Natalie B | 1927 comments Hi everyone I was hoping to read the first book of Fifty Shades of Grey in June month so that should be Alabama right

message 35: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1927 comments Apart from that I'm not really sure what I'm reading yet as I haven't got anything planned yet hope that won't mess anything up

message 36: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Natalie wrote: "Apart from that I'm not really sure what I'm reading yet as I haven't got anything planned yet hope that won't mess anything up"

No worries, Natalie. Just add books as you start reading them. There are tons of categories and we can work with you if we need to move stuff around.

message 37: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1927 comments Thanks Abby I might need help with the categories and figuring out where my books place in certain ones if that's ok

message 38: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Hi. I can't get in to the spreadsheet to type anything, so can someone sign me up? I want - Read a book with the letters "M", "O", "O", and "N" in the title- for Autonomous by Andy Marino . And I want- Read a book tagged as "LGBT" (Must be in the top 20 tags)- for Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy . Thanks!

message 39: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited May 28, 2018 10:46AM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Carolyn wrote: "Hi. I can't get in to the spreadsheet to type anything, so can someone sign me up? I want - Read a book with the letters "M", "O", "O", and "N" in the title- for Autonomous by Andy Marino. An..."

I have added both of these to the spreadsheet.

message 40: by Natalie (last edited May 29, 2018 04:38AM) (new)

Natalie B | 1927 comments If nobody else has already got it can I have Kentucky please as I've got a book lined up for it for Friday
The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #10) by Lemony Snicket
and South Dakota pls
- Read a book where the main characters name begins with "S"
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 6070 comments Natalie wrote: "If nobody else has already got it can I have Kentucky please as I've got a book lined up for it for Friday
The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #10) by Lemony Snicket
and South Dakota pls
- Read a book where the main ch..."

Both of them are taken but I did sign up Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins for Nebraska - First published in March and The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #10) by Lemony Snicket for Vermont - A main characters name features the letter V.

message 42: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85696 comments Mod
Hello Team Carter, just to let you know that Natalie has decided to move to the solo side of the competition, so will be leaving your team. I will look for a replacement for you though ☺

message 43: by Natalie (new)

Natalie B | 1927 comments I'm sorry but something's come up and I don't think I will be able to read the maximum booked for medium

message 44: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85696 comments Mod
Hello Team Carter, Sharon is going to join you so she should be popping over to say hi soon ☺

message 45: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments Hi team, I’m your new team member. This is my first time in a Medium team, so I can’t wait.

message 46: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Hi Sharon! Check out our spreadsheet at the top of the thread. We'll be claiming our categories there.

message 47: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Mariampillai | 9958 comments I am uploading my books right now to the unclaimed ones.

message 48: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Just wanted to touch base to say that I AM reading. I just seemed to pick an insanely long book to start out the month and it's taking forever. But it is a buddy read, so it'll get 12 points when I finally finish.

message 49: by Ari ☾ (new)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 628 comments Hi, I am reading too! Just this week has been busy! Will have a post tonight or tomorrow night!

message 50: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I am reading too! I picked the most boring book to read. I should have it done by tomorrow, though.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.