Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Best Way to Un-Combine Two Incorrectly Combined Books?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon | 3 comments Hi all,

Quick question about how best to un-combine two different books by the same author that are incorrectly combined as a single book here on Goodreads.

I've just finished reading Carl Von Clausewitz's Principles of War (ISBN 1614275734). When I look it up on Goodreads, it has its own entry (with the correct cover, publication details, etc.) but for some reason that entry is combined with the entry of Clausewitz's better-known work On War (ISBN 0691018545). But Principles of War is not merely an edition of On War, as the combination of the two books suggests. It's a completely separate, stand-alone work, written by Clausewitz in 1812 (six years before he began writing On War) as a instructive essay for the Prussian Crown Prince Friedrich Wilhelm, to whom Clausewitz was tutor. The essay is a kind of "rough and ready" precursor to Clausewitz more mature later work, and is materially different in many ways. (More details here - http://www.clausewitz.com/mobile/prin... - in the highly unlikely event that anyone is interested!)

Anyway, loooong story short, Principles of War is a different book from On War and should therefore, I think, have its own separate page on Goodreads. My question is: how do I go about un-combining these two works? Is there an easy way to do it, considering that a lot of the details for Principles of War are already here, or do I have to construct a brand new entry for Principles of War?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Simon

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Done. I may have missed some if there were some combined with foreign language titles.

In the future best way to separate is to go to the all editions page and click the seperate editions link.

message 3: by David (new)

David Edmonds | 3 comments Where is the separate editions link?

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments David wrote: "Where is the separate editions link?"

1. You should start a a new thread rather than resurrect one several years old. Also, please do not duplicate requests as it can get very confusing when more that one librarian works one the same problem.

2. Only Goodreads librarians can separate editions. I have done that.

3. When you create an Amazon "ebook" you should identify the format as Kindle edition. I have corrected that for you.

4. I created a series for you, and standardized the titles to meet Goodreads title/series naming conventions.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.