YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Jefferson (S) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Melanie (last edited Jun 06, 2018 12:53PM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Team Jefferson

Jennifer
Melanie
Megan
Ritika
Nicole Meier

Siobhan
Team chat: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Team reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Team Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments *

message 3: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments *

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Hey guys! I'm so excited to start this challenge. I have a spreadsheet, which we can use. In it I have the main sheet which is for actual planned/reading books and then I made a TBR page for each of us which we can use if it is helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 5: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments hey :)

message 6: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Hey you guys!!! Really excited to be a part of this, this is the first challenge I'm participating in here!

message 7: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments I can read the horror one as I have a pile of stephen king books and I'm doing one a month so I can cover horror

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments Hey Guys!!!! :) Can't wait for this challenge. this is my first one in this group :)

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments I'm going to fill in my TBR with my BR books for the month :)

message 10: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments hey Nicole good one to join in on

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments I did one in another group I'm in last month, well this month. I really enjoyed it :)

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments So guys I had an idea, I have another spreadsheet I started putting links to lists for books in categories, would it be ok if I posted the links on one of the sheets so we can use them if needed? if not ill just post it on my sheet for my reference.

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Nicole wrote: "So guys I had an idea, I have another spreadsheet I started putting links to lists for books in categories, would it be ok if I posted the links on one of the sheets so we can use them if needed? i..."

That sounds like a great idea!

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments I added some lists if you guys don't like it that way you can delete it. thought it would help :)

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Hi team! I'll get a list of the books I'm hoping to read together and post it soon.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Checking in and already off to the spreadsheet! Yay!

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments I only put the BR's I have planned for the first half of the month on the team page. I want to give everyone a chance to put their books in too.

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments I'm going to put some of mine up but if anyone wants to move them feel free most of mine can go in lots of different spots. I'll try to go for the more difficult spots. #teamjefferson

message 19: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments starting my stepehn king book today for horror. blind picking right now so ill update when im home from work

message 20: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I'm reading a book for "Wyoming
- Read a book which has less than 100 ratings. (Wyoming is the least populated state in the U.S.)

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments I started my book for Tennessee - Read a book with a musical instrument on the cover & plan on starting the one for New Jersey - Read a book with "Love" in the title today.

message 22: by Ritika (last edited Jun 02, 2018 08:58AM) (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments I'm starting my books for
Connecticut
- Read a book with "Girl" in the title. (The Gilmore Girls took place in Connecticut.)
New Mexico
- Clouds On The cover
Maine
- Read a book that was first published in August.

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Ladies, make sure you update the team sheet on the spreadsheet with what you are currently reading, so we can avoid overlap.

For example, I just took the published in August spot because it was free on the sheet. Ritika, please let me know if your book will not fit a different category and I will move mine.

message 24: by Ritika (last edited Jun 02, 2018 09:02AM) (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Damn, I'm really sorry, I completely forgot about the spreadsheet!
My book will fit into another category don't worry,
New Jersey

- Read a book which has a character with black hair on the cover. (Laura Prepon, from Orange is the new black and That 70's show, was born here)

Also adding
Mississippi

- Read a book with an animal on the cover or in the title. (Elvis Presley was born here, and sang "Hound dog")

Sorry again!

message 25: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I've finished a couple books, just need to get the reviews done. Struggling with finding the time right now.

message 26: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments I've had a rough weekend but I'm almost done the Stephen king book Cell for horror and then I'll check the spreadsheet to see where I can fit in

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Wow! We are doing pretty well. I'm not sure what our points are, but we are keeping up on the # of categories completed so far. Yay!

message 28: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments That's great to hear! I haven't even checked other threads today. ;) I have a couple books I need to post and I'm currently reading several so hopefully I'll have more done tomorrow.

message 29: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments ive got a few books going right now as well, so I'm re-reading the sookie stackhouse books. I know it fits in a few categories but what about it fitting in the paranormal category?

message 30: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments Nicole I have most of that series do you want to buddy read it?

message 31: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments YES! We can do that. I'm on 4 now :) I love this series

message 32: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments oh ill have to catch up i think ive only read book 1 lol

message 33: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments i have out my name down for some cats but not the name of the book as im not sure which books ill be reading

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments Siobhan, I have a book I'm finished with that will fit in paranormal, if you're not finished with yours?

message 35: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 5112 comments Finished Say You Love Me (Pine Valley, #3) by Heather B. Moore and will try to get the review for it written and posted by tomorrow.

message 36: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Nicole, did you see Sarah's comment? https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Where should we use your book? :)

message 37: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Melanie wrote: "Nicole, did you see Sarah's comment? https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Where should we use your book? :)"

Nicole, I'm gonna put it under something yellow on cover. If you want to use it for something else then please move it. I hope it is okay that I'm answering Sarah... :)

message 38: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments 10th anniversary has 2 mc with 2 main pov one with lindsay one with cindy... I just figured it would fit there. my bad.

message 39: by Ritika (last edited Jun 10, 2018 04:38AM) (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Hey guys, We're doing well, YAYYY!
But I wanted to talk about how to move forward because most of our descriptions are taken or planned and I was wondering if we could something like, if I've read a book and it fits a description someone has planned but not yet read, we could include the book I've already finished for it. This is what is happening with my latest review, because none of the leftover categories fit to it, and if I can't find one for it, we won't get the points.
So just wondering what we should do!
<3

message 40: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Also, Megan, would you mind changing your Ohio (July) read Fawkes for Vermonts ("S" "A" "F" "E") because my book Little Monsters, will fit in the july release and I don't have any other option for the book! THANKS
<3

message 41: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments I think that's a good idea. I dont care if anyone switches mine. if we can fill up the board faster then that's good. I found a few books to fill the extra categories I finished them yesterday but I will do reviews Monday at work it's easier to do their

message 42: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I'm fine with that too. I think we might get through all the categories and be able to do them again, so I don't mind if one of mine is taken this first round. I'm currently reading several books, so I understand.

message 43: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Ritika, do you think Little Monsters will fit snow on cover (Utah) using this cover? Little Monsters by Kara Thomas Do we want to use it there?

message 44: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments Ritika wrote: "Also, Megan, would you mind changing your Ohio (July) read Fawkes for Vermonts ("S" "A" "F" "E") because my book Little Monsters, will fit in the july release and I don't have any other option for ..."

I just checked the spreadsheet and I had July for Fawkes. I didn't see that I could use it for S,A,F,E until you mentioned it. That is a better category to use it for, as I think it is slightly tougher? Thanks for pointing it out. I've moved it. :D

message 45: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 12277 comments I'm reading

Where the Fire Falls (Vintage National Parks, #2) by Karen Barnett (currently 19% done)
Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue #4) by Susan May Warren (currently 32% done)
Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2) by Rachel Dylan (currently 9% done)
Falling for You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2) by Becky Wade (just starting this one).
The first three I plan on finishing on the 12th. Maybe even the last one depending on how quickly I get through them. :)

What are you guys all reading right now?

message 46: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments Nicole only saw this now if you didnt take the spot please do :) I don't mind and I'm sure I can fit it else where

message 47: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan Quinlan | 2090 comments I'm half way through the iron queen and hope to speed through it work has been mental

message 48: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Hey, Melanie, thanks for changing that :) I will tell Sarah about it :)

message 49: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 211 comments Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris any ideas where i can fit this one?

message 50: by Ritika (new)

Ritika Mendiratta | 616 comments Hey Nicole, you can take my Mississipi claiming for animals on the cover, I probably will not get to my book soon!
<3

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.