Reader's Choice Book Club--Frisco Public Library discussion

My Family and Other Animals (Corfu Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about My Family and Other Animals
2018 Meetings > June 2018 - My Family and Other Animals

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 54 comments When the unconventional Durrell family can no longer endure the damp, gray English climate, they do what any sensible family would do: sell their house and relocate to the sunny Greek isle of Corfu. My Family and Other Animals was intended to embrace the natural history of the island but ended up as a delightful account of Durrell’s family’s experiences, from the many eccentric hangers-on to the ceaseless procession of puppies, toads, scorpions, geckoes, ladybugs, glowworms, octopuses, bats, and butterflies into their home.

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna | 3 comments I read the book My Family and Other Animals, and it was very interesting. You could picture the flora and fauna of the area from the descriptive wording that they used. Some words I had to look up because I hadn't heard of some of the animals, etc. The reactions of the people in the family were funny sometimes. It was very well-written.

message 3: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura | 54 comments Donna wrote: "I read the book My Family and Other Animals, and it was very interesting. You could picture the flora and fauna of the area from the descriptive wording that they used. Some words I had to look up ..."

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Donna! I also recommend the current BBC TV series that's based on the book. It is very well done!