¤ Between The Pages ¤ discussion

Read-A-Thon MAY > General Discussion & TBR Piles

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mags (new)

Mags Hullo! Usually I post these discussions threads way earlier, but I've been working crazy hours at my job and trying to plan things out with boyfriend (we might move together in the next few months). I hope you guys are not too mad at me xD The rest of the BOTM topics will be up soon as well.

This Read-A-Thon will be starting on the 25th of May (basically in 2 days lmao.)

I honestly don't even know if I'll be participating since I haven't read a full book since the 1st of April xD I'm trying to finish Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3) by Sara Raasch before the R-A-T starts though...

This time around, I'll put challenges once more. I also wanted to know if you guys wanted any themes, or more planned challenges for our Read-A-Thons or if you like the simple/free reading I give you xD let me know what you'd like.

The challenges this time are;

¤Read a book that's been sitting on your shelf for more than 1 year.
¤Read a book in a series you need to finish.
¤Read a book with a Summer-ish cover.
¤Read a book that's out of your comfort zone.
¤Throughout the R-A-T, try to read either 100 Pages, 300 Pages or +500 Pages. (In Total)

You may share your TBR for the R-A-T as well. I always like seeing what everyone's reading and their progress!
Once again I'm not sure I'll be participating but, I will at least try to read Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi :)

message 2: by Lars (new)

Lars (herodotvonhalikarnassos) | 56 comments I'm not sure how much reading I will get done this time. I'm playing a pen & paper rpg with friends on tuesday and I still have to write part of the adventure...

I'm going to read Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi and Bücherstadt (Die Bibliothek der flüsternden Schatten, #1) by Akram El-Bahay ,

As for the challenges: I'm staying at my dad's right now, so my bookshelves are roughly 300 km away :( So the first two are out of the question

btw, can we do the "read a book that's out of your comfort zone" challenge next time around, combined with the others choosing a book for you event? I think that would be a lot of fun xD

message 3: by Mags (new)

Mags Lars wrote: "I'm not sure how much reading I will get done this time. I'm playing a pen & paper rpg with friends on tuesday and I still have to write part of the adventure...

I'm going to read [bookcover:Child..."

Yes of course! I'll put that challenge down for next time :3 And I do want to start the "choosing a book for each other" but I'm still unsure of how I'll function that... Any help would be great haha! I was just planning on letting everybody put one of their Goodread's shelves and let the others flip through it. I'm not so sure how it will do.

message 4: by Lars (new)

Lars (herodotvonhalikarnassos) | 56 comments You could just ask people to register for the event. If we have an even number of participants, you could sort them into pairs. With an odd number you could just draw lots and assign everyone a person that they get to choose a book for.
I think it would be a better experience, if the event were reciprocal, though.