YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1)
This topic is about Flame in the Mist
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist #1) by Renee Ahdieh - Starting May 30th 2018

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments The only daughter of a prominent samurai, Mariko has always known she’d been raised for one purpose and one purpose only: to marry. Never mind her cunning, which rivals that of her twin brother, Kenshin, or her skills as an accomplished alchemist. Since Mariko was not born a boy, her fate was sealed the moment she drew her first breath.

So, at just seventeen years old, Mariko is sent to the imperial palace to meet her betrothed, a man she did not choose, for the very first time. But the journey is cut short when Mariko’s convoy is viciously attacked by the Black Clan, a dangerous group of bandits who’ve been hired to kill Mariko before she reaches the palace.

The lone survivor, Mariko narrowly escapes to the woods, where she plots her revenge. Dressed as a peasant boy, she sets out to infiltrate the Black Clan and hunt down those responsible for the target on her back. Once she’s within their ranks, though, Mariko finds for the first time she’s appreciated for her intellect and abilities. She even finds herself falling in love—a love that will force her to question everything she’s ever known about her family, her purpose, and her deepest desires.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments 10%(view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments 90% (view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments That ending was both amazing and weird. I can't believe the Empress (view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Also am I the only one that is confused about the difference between an Emperor and a Shogun? I can't seem to understand what the difference is! It's too confusing! :(

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4449 comments 3%: I don't know how I feel about this. It’s almost got too much action without enough explanation. (view spoiler)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4449 comments 26%: (view spoiler)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4449 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "10%[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Jackie wrote: "26%: [spoilers removed]"

I can't say without spoiling it. lol. I can take or leave the multiple POVs but I guess it does help flesh out the story. :D

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Jackie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "10%[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

I don't think he is as much like his father as his father probably wants him to be. :)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments So I really like the whole Kanji at the beginning. I actually kind of understand them! lol. I am impressed with myself. :P

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments I am not loving the page texture though. It's making it hard to turn the pages. -.-

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments The cover up really close is not quite a gorgeous but it's still overall very pretty. Just don't like the dragons faces. They look kind of funky.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Not going to start the actual book till tomorrow. Glad it has a glossary though. ^-^

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22839 comments Book 2

Okay WTF. I'm only 30 pages in and already there have been (view spoiler)

Linaria | 2190 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Book 2

Okay WTF. I'm only 30 pages in and already there have been [spoilers removed]"

I like it! Most of the characters are in very different places, so it's good to keep the ball rolling.

Linaria | 2190 comments Book 2-

(view spoiler)

Linaria | 2190 comments Book 2 -

50%
(view spoiler)

Linaria | 2190 comments Book 2 - End
(view spoiler)

message 20: by Sanah (last edited Jun 26, 2018 11:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 505 comments Ch 1-10 (view spoiler)
Ch 20 (view spoiler)
Finished (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.