YA Addicted Book Club discussion

General > Group Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments This is your group, so what would you like in it? We are open to any suggestions that would make the group fun and more enjoyable for everyone. Let us know your thoughts!

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Would you ever consider a YA sci-fi chat? There's quite a few books of that genre that I've read and loved, and I only want to read more. Or would that fit more in dystopia?

message 3: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Megan wrote: "Would you ever consider a YA sci-fi chat? There's quite a few books of that genre that I've read and loved, and I only want to read more. Or would that fit more in dystopia?"

I just created a new thread for you! https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Thanks for the suggestion Megan!!

message 5: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Thanks Lili. Seems I forgot that genre when I created those threads. Quite embarrassing when it's one of my fave genres LOL

message 6: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Haha don't worry about. That reminds me, I'm gonna go create one for one of my favorite genres: horror! lol

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan Another idea: I know talking about writing isn't really what this site is for, but I'm sure lots of us write. Would it make sense to create a thread to share nano usernames? That way we can find each other over there and keep the writing conversation on a writing website! (If you'd rather we sort that kind of thing out between each other I totally get it though!)

message 8: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (last edited Jun 13, 2018 02:17AM) (new)

Megan,
That's a fab idea.
Here you go: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Megan,
That's a fab idea.
Here you go: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Thanks Kay!

Megan wrote: "Another idea: I know talking about writing isn't really what this site is for, but I'm sure lots of us write. Would it make sense to create a thread to share nano usernames? That way we can find ea..."
Great idea!

message 10: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Oooh that is a good idea! I haven't written in a while but have participated in camp nano a bunch in the past!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Idea: we should make challenges so each of the members have a opportunity to get more badges.

Or say that they participated in a BOTM they should get a badge showing that their Input is appreciated

😊

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "Idea: we should make challenges so each of the members have a opportunity to get more badges.

Or say that they participated in a BOTM they should get a badge showing that their Input is appreciate..."

What do you mean when you say "badges"? Like ones that we would create ourselves or is there something on GR already that I do not know about?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Well we could get someone to create them. I have ones I got from challenges on my blog

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "Well we could get someone to create them. I have ones I got from challenges on my blog"

okay, I wasn't sure if this was something that was already happening on GR and I had no idea...lol! Let me discuss it with the other mods first.

Thanks for the suggestion Sydni:)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

You’re welcome!

message 16: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Thanks for the suggestion Sydni, I think having badges would be difficult but we could perhaps have a giveaway or something for challenges. We shall take it on board and discuss it.

message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4916 comments Mod
What about adding a couple games such as Love it, Hate it, Havent read it? Its a good way to get people involved plus it can be fun to see what other people have loved or not.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments @Brittany-tell us more about it?

message 19: by Brittany (new)

That particular game is one where you name a book say Throne of Glass and the next person says whether they loved it, hated it or havent read it. Its just one of those fun little things.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Ooh! Sounds like fun!! I will have to set it up when I get back to my desk top computer. It is impossible to do much from the app!

message 21: by Mackenzie :) (new)

Mackenzie :) (book_girl_777) | 193 comments would anyone suggest stalking jack the ripper? I got it at the library and have mixed emotions about reading it.

message 22: by Gord (new)

Gord | 604 comments I've read it and enjoyed it. I've been meaning to read on in the series but so many things to read and constantly distracted by the new shiny stuff in front of me.

message 23: by Brittany (new)

A lot of people liked it. There's actually a readalong thread Here

message 24: by Mackenzie :) (new)

Mackenzie :) (book_girl_777) | 193 comments thank you!

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy | 26 comments heather - NightlyReading wrote: "This is your group, so what would you like in it? We are open to any suggestions that would make the group fun and more enjoyable for everyone. Let us know your thoughts!"

I would love to see this happen. There are some books that I've loved and wished I had someone to talk to about it.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Amy wrote: "heather - NightlyReading wrote: "This is your group, so what would you like in it? We are open to any suggestions that would make the group fun and more enjoyable for everyone. Let us know your tho..."

Hi Amy! I think that is why most of us are here:) I do not have anyone at home to discuss books with, they all look at me like I have 3 heads..lol!

message 27: by Gord (new)

Gord | 604 comments There are not many people around me that read in general and no one around me that reads like I do. The biggest reader around me is one of my coworkers who reads about 3 books a year. I'm glad to have found online groups to chat about books with and just generally encourage more reading.

message 28: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Same! One of my brothers used to read, I even got him to read some of my favorite books! But yeah, this was years ago and he doesn't read anymore. I have one cousin who reads every once in a while, but not so much lately since she is going through nursing school.

message 29: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments I do have friends who love books but obviously I'm not allowed to see them in person atm, and me and my friend don't get to chat books as much as we'd like on video calls as our other friend doesn't like the same books, and I haven't seen my other friend who likes books since Christmas 2019! So it's so lovely to have this community, where I can talk about books all the time!

message 30: by Indy (new)

Indy (indyrzdl) | 1 comments Just an idea ; but maybe something to share your character / book themed playlists? I personally love making those as much as listening to those from others!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Indy wrote: "Just an idea ; but maybe something to share your character / book themed playlists? I personally love making those as much as listening to those from others!"

Great idea! I will discuss with the rest of the mods. Thanks for your suggestion!

message 32: by Marlow (new)

Marlow (waywardsprong) Indy wrote: "Just an idea ; but maybe something to share your character / book themed playlists? I personally love making those as much as listening to those from others!"

Oh yes! That would be amazing! I make playlists for books all the time!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments The thread for playlists has been created!

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Thank you for the suggestion, enjoy:)

message 34: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

ANNOUNCEMENT
Hi everyone,
We are having a change in admin in the group. We are sadly saying goodbye to one of our founding members, Heather. Heather has been such an integral part of our group and building it to what it is today but unfortunately life get’s in the way and she is super busy and unable to dedicate the time that is required to run this group. Myself, Lili and Britt wish her all the best and hope to still see her around.

This does mean that we have an opening on our admin/moderator team. Things get busy in life and it’s been a bit of a struggle with just the three of us running things and we are wanting to add someone to the team to help us keep the group running. You would be required to:
- Help think up new ideas to keep the group running and active
- Help to set up challenges and monthly threads
- Help to come up with, and send out the monthly newsletters
- Help keep discussions going by participating in the monthly reads when possible.

If you would like to express your interest in helping us out please send me a PM. This message will be send out as a message too.

Thanks to all our members being super awesome! We love and appreciate you all.

message 35: by EdenB15 (new)

EdenB15 | 51 comments Hi guys Ik this section is like rlly dead and idk whether or not u guys will take me up on this but Ive just made a Book club for people age 16-25 on the Bookclubs app starting from September. It’s mainly focused on people form Uk ( idk potentially meet-ups and stuff) but I’m open to anyone joining tbh.

Just give me a Pm if u would b up for it