YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Archive > Chat Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 854 (854 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by heather - NightlyReading (last edited May 23, 2018 05:17AM) (new)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I figured that we could have a place where we could just chat about anything we wanted. It doesn't have to be about books, it could be about anything on our minds. (of course, if we want to chat about books, that is good too!)

So to start things off, how is everyone's day? I live in the US in the great state of Pennsylvania and I woke up to rain...yet again today. We have been getting a lot of rain lately and I JUST WANT TO SEE THE SUNSHINE!!! So, it was hard getting out of bed this morning and shlepping into work. On a brighter note, we are going camping this weekend for Memorial Day at Knoebels, which is a campground/old school amusement park that we love! So I am a bit excited to get this week over with:)

message 2: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Ohh have a wonderful time camping. Hope that you get some good weather.
I feel so tired today and have no idea why. My beloved students have their first exam in 12 days and I just can't cope with the stress of hoping they have done enough and do well. I'm supposed to be off work next week but I will be going in Tuesday and Wednesday to help them with their revision. I hate this time of year lol.

Anyway I have only a week to go before I go see Matilda The Musical. I am a huge theatre fan and am there all the time. Super excited to see Matilda.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I have not been to the theater in FOREVER!!! Matilda sounds so good! I love the movie so I would imagine that I enjoy the musical? I will have to get to New York soon to see something on Broadway.

Speaking of New York, Book Con is in a couple weeks, anyone going? I swear, one of these years I WILL GET THERE! And so will you Kayleigh so that we can FINALLY meet in person!

message 4: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I'll need a passport first LOL. I seriously would love to go but it is always bang in the middle of our exam time and with me teaching I can't possibly take holiadys at that time. *sob*

You should come over to London for our YALC (Young Adult Lit Convention) it's amazing. I go every year. And it takes place at comic con and this year I'm meeting and getting my picture taken with Jason Momoa *swoon*

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments OKAY SO....

I had to look up who Jason Momoa was?

I am not a GOT fan and have never even watched it. *don't hate me*

I would LOVE to come to London! I have always wanted to go abroad but am REALLY nervous about traveling that far. I will have to look into it and see if it is even feasible??

message 6: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I'm the same. I couldn't travel that far alone. Someone would have to come with me lol

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven’t went to much traveling the only traveling I do is to pick up my boyfriend 😊

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "I haven’t went to much traveling the only traveling I do is to pick up my boyfriend 😊" LOL! Traveling from the US to London is a pretty big flight. I am not a good flyer to begin with.

message 9: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

The most I do is travel from where I live to London. It's a 3 hour train journey as I'm way up north. Actually not a bad time for how far it is.

message 10: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Anyone use Litsy? I'm actually loving this app so much. It's like instagram but for books. I'm on it as Kayleigh12 if anyone wants to add me :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Kayleigh I added you mine is sydnimekael

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments oooh! I never heard of it? I will have to check it out.

message 13: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Sydni - Thanks lovely. I shall follow you back <3

Heather - I only joined a few months ago but I do love it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I have this, good reads, kindle, Libby, and Bookly

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Good Morning! (or at least it is morning where I am) I am getting ready to leave for our camping trip so I may be "off the grid" for a few days but will catch up upon my return. In other news, I am considering going to Book Con in NYC next Sunday....*SOOOO EXCITED** This would be my very first ever big book convention. Anyone else going?

message 16: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Ahh Heather that's amazing and I'm super jealous!! That would be amazing. If you do you need to see if you can grab me the latest JLA Arc LOL.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Ahh Heather that's amazing and I'm super jealous!! That would be amazing. If you do you need to see if you can grab me the latest JLA Arc LOL."

If I can grab one for you, I will definitely sent it over. I am SOOOOO looking forward to The Darkest Star (Origin, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout !!!

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen Fitzgerald | 20 comments Just saw this chat.
I am in U.S. in California. Bring on the rain!!! I would love to see a ton of rain. I will send you the Sunshine! I love Pennsylvania! Beautiful countryside. I have been to Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster, Hershey. Also, my favorite football team is The Steelers!!
One of my daughters is going to New York to the Book Con. I am jealous! Wish I was going with her.
Have a wonderful time on your camping trip.
Enjoy Matilda! I too enjoy the theatre!
I bought Throne of Glass yesterday and I am really enjoying it. I am glad it is the series Read. Already looking forward to the rest of the series.

message 19: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

heather wrote: "Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Ahh Heather that's amazing and I'm super jealous!! That would be amazing. If you do you need to see if you can grab me the latest JLA Arc LOL."

If I can grab one for you..."

YES!!! That's the one I meant. If you can I will paypal you the shipping money :D

message 20: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hi Karen,
So glad you hear you will be joining us on the series readalong. It is such a fantastic series :)

message 21: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4910 comments Mod
Wish I could make one of the conventions, maybe next year! I've done the flight from Winnipeg, Canada to London. It really isn't that bad.

Litsy looks like an interesting app, I had never heard of it either.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Litsy is like this app! I use it too and they also have giveaway

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Only me... 😂 I found my kindle to read my book on it’s done for, I tried looking for my library card only to find that it was in my backpack. So now mom gave me her kindle and now I’m waiting for it to charge so I can reset it

message 24: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hope it charges soon so you can read your book soon :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

It already had! I love this book

message 26: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Heather, girl, Jason Momoa is a superhero now, how do you not know who he is?! Lol. I'm kidding ;)

I am intrigued by this Litsy app, I will have to see what it's all about!

As for me, I've been super busy! My grandparents have been visiting for about 2 weeks then last Friday an aunt and cousin and her kid also came to visit for like 2 days so we've had a full house! We had a wedding on Saturday then the confirmation of my twin brothers yesterday, and we had another small family BBQ today (I just got back! Lol). I need like a 2-day nap! Lol.

message 27: by Karen (new)

Karen Fitzgerald | 20 comments Lol I totally hear you! Get some piece and quiet and read 😝looking forward to hearing from you more 😀

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Liliana wrote: "Heather, girl, Jason Momoa is a superhero now, how do you not know who he is?! Lol. I'm kidding ;)

I am intrigued by this Litsy app, I will have to see what it's all about!

As for me, I've been s..."

LOL! I guess I need to catch up!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I finally got the Litsy app! I followed both of you Kayleigh & Sydni. Anyone that would like to follow me, NightlyReading

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh that's you lol I was wondering why it looked familar

message 32: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I shall follow you back :)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

What’s the event you invited us to?

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "What’s the event you invited us to?"

I am trying to connect authors with readers and I have a HUGE love for indie authors. Go to the following link and you can read all about it:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I will send you my email privately

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "I will send you my email privately"

It has to be your kindle email so that I can send the book directly to your kindle. Also, you have to add my email address to your "approved" email list on Amazon for the book to go through. Please be sure to comment that you would like a copy on the actual thread so that I can keep track of everyone when I get the book.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Did so 😊

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "Did so 😊"
Thanks:) As soon as I get the book, I will forward to you:)

message 39: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Happy reading. I'll be reading the other book of the month each month so won't have the time to read the indie ones. A shame, but I honestly don't read a whole lot of indie books so works out better for me lol

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Good Morning everyone! It is raining here in PA....again! I feel bad for everyone at BEA for they are all probably standing in line outside in the rain as I type this.

How is everyone doing this fine day?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished Breaking Nova, now I’m going to read this book for my reading challenge until our group BOTM comes in

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Guess what I just did?????..........!!!!!!!!!

I ordered my Book Con tickets for Sunday!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!! I also reserved my spot to meet The Edge of Everything (The Edge of Everything, #1) by Jeff Giles , I have never read the book but I know he has a pretty big following. His next book is due to come out soon. Most of the authors for the ticketing events have been snagged up already:( My daughter really wanted to meet Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell . Maybe next year...I am sure that she can see her from afar at least;-)

KAY....I am going to try my best to get an ARC of The Darkest Star (Origin, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout , but they are only giving to the first 50 people that purchase a book!!! Not sure if I will be able to get my hands on one?

message 43: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
oh my gosh Heather, I am so jealous! I was just telling Kayleigh that I've never been to a book con and I really want to go lol. Maybe one day lol. I hope you have lots of fun!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Liliana wrote: "oh my gosh Heather, I am so jealous! I was just telling Kayleigh that I've never been to a book con and I really want to go lol. Maybe one day lol. I hope you have lots of fun!"

This is my first one, I have been wanting to go for 6 years and finally decided that this is the year! I just purchased my bus tickets and my book con passes. I have no idea of what I am in for and only have 2 "must do's" on my agenda otherwise, I just want to meander and soak it all in!

message 45: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Ahh Heather, that is so exciting. And if you manage to get one awesome, if not it's no biggie. Just have a fantastic time :)

message 46: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4910 comments Mod
So exciting! Have fun Heather!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Liliana wrote: "oh my gosh Heather, I am so jealous! I was just telling Kayleigh that I've never been to a book con and I really want to go lol. Maybe one day lol. I hope you have lots of fun!"

Thanks Lili;-)

Brittany wrote: "So exciting! Have fun Heather!"

Thank you Brittany!

Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Ahh Heather, that is so exciting. And if you manage to get one awesome, if not it's no biggie. Just have a fantastic time :)"

Thanks Kay!

message 48: by Tory (new)

Tory | 2 comments Book Con seems like so much fun!Hope you get a ton of arcs! I'm also from Pennsylvania and you're lucky to leave this nasty weather:)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Tory wrote: "Book Con seems like so much fun!Hope you get a ton of arcs! I'm also from Pennsylvania and you're lucky to leave this nasty weather:)"

Hi Tory, where in PA are you at? I am in the Lehigh Valley.

message 50: by Tory (new)

Tory | 2 comments I live just outside of Harrisburg!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18