Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout → Start Date: September 6, 2014

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Join Dezra and I as we read this book! :)

message 2: by Dezra (new)

Dezra Bennett (dezra_bennett) | 652 comments Can't wait. :)

message 3: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Oh my gosh, I am SOOOOOO excited for you to start this series!!! I LOVE it. Book 5 comes out next week and Trisha and I are buddy reading it. I can't wait!

I hope you both enjoy this one as much as we did! :o)

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone | 357 comments I'll join you :)

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) @Dezra Me either it looks really good! :)

@Vicki Thanks and I'm really hoping we both like it, it looks really interesting. Hope you both enjoy the 5th book.

@Adriana Great the more people the better! :)

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Is there anyway we wanted to read this book tomorrow?

message 7: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments I'd like to join! I picked this as one of my copycat books for September and haven't gotten around to it yet. And I love discussions on books!!!

message 8: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments Do we have a schedule or are we just posting when we feel like it and get around to it?

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Great, glad you can join us. I'm not sure how we want to read this book, it's up to everyone I normally don't mind what we decide on.

message 10: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments I vote for read and discuss at your own pace then

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Okay that works with me.

message 12: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments Through Chapter 13.

I'd heard a lot of good things about this book, but I have to say, I'm not super impressed yet. The writing and dialogue are decent, but the story seems to be creeping along.

I feel like the author basically (view spoiler)

The only parts that have really caught and held my interest so far are (view spoiler)

I'm hoping I'll be more interested when (view spoiler)

message 13: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Sep 06, 2014 01:32PM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments Through Chapter 16.

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Oh wow, yeah I need to catch up. I just got home and haven't started yet. Well hopefully you enjoy it.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Started reading this while I was out with my mom and read 2 chapters so far going to read more of it later.

message 16: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments Through chapter 18

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Wow you are quick, I'm a slow reader lol. Hope you are enjoying it!

message 18: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments I'm enjoying it more now for sure :)

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I'm glad, I'm going to read more before I go to sleep it's okay right now but I'm only 3 chapters in lol.

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Nicole wrote: "Through Chapter 16.

I must have been in Mortal Instruments mode or something, cuz I definitely thought Daemon was a demon haha. I'm glad the author wasn't that obvious ;)

Aliens! OK, now I'm mor..."

I RARELY read the blurbs about books but read them because I love the cover or perhaps I want to join buddy reads. So I had NO idea that this had anything to do with (view spoiler)

message 21: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments Finished!

Well I really enjoyed it after all. Started getting a little annoyed in the end again when (view spoiler)

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Glad you enjoyed it, going to read more of it tonight.

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Hey sorry I haven't been reading I just started a job and I worked the last two days and I'm been so pooped to read anything but I have this weekend off so I will be reading.

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I need to finish this book. I'm getting way behind on reading since work now.

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) I'm 9 chapters into the book right now.

(view spoiler)

Going to read more of the book tonight.

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandamarieeee) Plan to read more very soon.