What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy/Horror/Romance. Girl who lives with her mother finds out that she has been given as a bride to the devil. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments I read this book around 2010 but the cover suggested that it was older. The word "Devil" or "Satan" may have been in the title.
It is a story about a girl, around 17- early 20s. Her father is unknown and she lives with her mother in a small villege. She starts to have messed up dreams where she sees a demon or devil. He tells her that she belongs to him. I don´t remember all the details but I do know that she doesn´t listen to him and instead tries to get with someone else. She figures that they are just dreams. At one point he does rape her and abuses her for not listening to him. Eventually, and by eventually I mean the last chapter, she does fall in love with him and finds out that it was her father who gave her to him. Her mother is kind of crazy I believe. She may be overly religious and shelted her daughter from a lot of things and hated by the village for not knowing who her daughters father was.

Most of their encourters happen when she is sleeping. Including the time in which she was raped by him. Only in the end does she meet him when she is awake. He takes her to hell(?) At the end and informs her that after some time she will be allowed to meet her father who is also a devil.

message 2: by slauderdale (new)

slauderdale | 138 comments Is this village in the present (er, by standards of whenever the book was published) or is it in the past? For example, do you have a sense of whether it is happening in the 1950s, 1850s, 1750s?

There are a lot of books with the title "Devil's Daughter" but I noted a 1973 movie called "The Devil's Daughter" that seems to have a similar premise (fathered by a devil, promised to a devil.)

message 3: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments I am going to say the 1750s I don't remember much but it had a puritan almost Salem witch trial vibe to it. I don't remember much about the town itself or the timeline

message 4: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments The book had an older type cover. I believe it was a house on the front with a lone future in the distance

message 5: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments bump

message 6: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments bump

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments Jessica wrote: "The book had an older type cover. I believe it was a house on the front with a lone future in the distance"

A lone future?

message 8: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments Rosa wrote: "Jessica wrote: "The book had an older type cover. I believe it was a house on the front with a lone future in the distance"

A lone future?"

Nopers though the only thing I got when I googled that title was for a video game and an anthology. I believe the figure was a woman; either the mother or the MC.

message 9: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments I wasn't suggesting a title, I was asking what you meant by "a lone future," but now I see you meant "figure."

message 10: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments Jessica wrote: "Rosa wrote: "Jessica wrote: "The book had an older type cover. I believe it was a house on the front with a lone future in the distance"

A lone future?"

Nopers though the only thing I got when I ..."

Ope, sorry about that it was made in error

message 11: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21141 comments Sounds like the kind of creepy story V.C. Andrews would write. Have you checked her books?

message 12: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Sounds like the kind of creepy story V.C. Andrews would write. Have you checked her books?" I have but I didn't see anything that sounded like it

message 13: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments Bump

message 14: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments Still looking

message 15: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments Still unsolved

[on hiatus] The rockabilly werewolf from Mars | 1527 comments When you say it seems older, how old do you mean? 2000s? 80? 50s? 20s? 1890s?

message 17: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (zilvlynrae) | 49 comments The rockabilly werewolf from Mars wrote: "When you say it seems older, how old do you mean? 2000s? 80? 50s? 20s? 1890s?"

The book itself may have been from the early 2000s. I read it when I was way too young to be reading books of this nature. I believe I was about 13 so it was around 2007 that I had first read this book. I may have been a bit older but I remember having it in middle school. The book itself was pretty old but I am only going by what I remember from the cover. I

message 18: by Jessi (new)

message 19: by Jessi (new)