International Book Club discussion

Paige's Book Progress > The Snowman

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

Paige (iampaigeb) | 700 comments Mod
The beginning is not all I have imagined it would start. Starts right off with a crime and thn 20 years later. Little slow but kind of intrigued.

message 2: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

7%
Chapter 3.
Chapter 1 is short but intriguing to catch the readers attention. It starts off with an affair and a Snowman.
Chapter 2 is all about the detective and the 24 years later of the Snowman. Takes place is Norwegian towns and cities. As well the second Snowman appears and this time they describe the Snowmans appearance.

message 3: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

10%
Now on chapter four and it is starting to get gripping. We are learning about the crime that is starting to go on and the history behind the characters. It started slow but it is not slow anymore. If anyone else is reading the book, share your thoughts here.

message 4: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

13%
Before Chapt 5.
We start to learn a little about the most recent crime. We are not sure if it is kidnapping or murder or who done it but we start to get a little lead. To short of a chapter to know for sure but we know that Harry seen this before and if his suspicion is right, he will have to go to the POB Gunner Hagan with the letter. What letter and what does it intail?

message 5: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

To 1994 #November #Fourth we go to. Now we are getting a sense it is #someone well known, knows #police and #authorities. Also that this is definitely a #murdermystery now. Quite interesting how it jumps back and fourth between dates. Now for Chapt 6.
16% #done of a #bonechilling #read on a #84degreesandsunny #29degreescelsius #spring day.

message 6: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

21%
Now We Know.

Now we know more of the criminal but gender is unknown. We know he hunts by Snowfall and that he goes by the snow. He leaves THE LETTER to Harry about the coming snowfall. Meaning he left a riddle of a warning. We know that he leaves a snowman as his calling card but how he chooses his victims and why is unknown. My guess is either because they sinned or turn the blind eye. Hard to tell. Now for Chapter 8.

message 7: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

33% done the #Snowman on this #hotday.
We now have heard the #firstwords of the #killer or #criminal in #TheSnowman. And as #chilling as these #missingpeople are, his #words are more #bonechilling. It #confirms @iampaigeb #theory that he goes after #people who have done #wrong in #life, has #families, and specifically, could #involve #children. What next?

message 8: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

53%
Over #halfdone #thesnowman. Each #page more #chilling than the last. We still have no #idea who the #snowman is or why he choses his #victims or how. We know when. And how long he has been doing it. They now have #traveled to #Bergen to follow a #lead on a #coldcase.

message 9: by Paige, Odd Thomas for March (new)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Five Stars to this amazing serial killer murder mystery. It was suspenseful and had me constantly turning the page. I wanted to know more and on what will happen next. I wanted to know who The Snowman was. I would be lying if I said I did not analyze, deduce, and try to solve the mystery. I had it mostly solved from part one of the book.

I knew the snowman's were key and that they had something to do with the murderer's life. Most likely childhood. 1980 was a key time and I knew it was the first Snownan murder. I just could not figure out who.

Jo Nesbø does an amazing job at laying out the clues but keeps the reader guessing. There are moments you think it is one person and then you change your mind. Or clues don't add up so you know it not them. I love his writing style and how everyone was connected to the case, killer, victim, by family, and by illness. Everyone had something to hide. The one thing I loved most is on how detailed Nesbø is in his writing, making the reader feel the characters emotions and as if they were right there at that moment.

If you want a suspense Thriller....pick up The Snowman.