Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Karen Marie Moning

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Dreamfever comes out next tuesday :D Whose excited? The cliffhanger will finally be answered!

Course I just read Faefever this past week so it wasn't to bad of a wait for me lol

message 2: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments I am very very excited! I had to wait a year with that insane cliffhanger! Barrons is one of my favorite mysterious characters. Who and what is he???

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments I am so glad I am not the only one that loves Barrons.
I was so disappointed when Mac and Barrons did not kiss. I am hoping for something in this one.
I heard that this series might be in the works for a movie

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige (paigewaller) I am so excited! I too have had to wait forever. Now I am debating on rereading the last one just to make sure I am ready. I love Barrons I just wish we would learn a little more about him already!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Kyle wrote: "Dreamfever comes out next tuesday :D Whose excited? The cliffhanger will finally be answered!

Course I just read Faefever this past week so it wasn't to bad of a wait for me lol"

I can't wait!! I'll be reading Faefever on Monday. Tuesday, I'll be at Borders when they open, they're used to me being there first thing on Tuesday mornings now. I've truly enjoyed this series.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah If you like big spoilers, go to Moning's blog and listen to the audio clip from Dreamfever. It is a 6-page, 15 minute clip of some big action. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or just fan myself!

message 7: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Samantha wrote: "I am very excited, although I hear the cliffhanger in DreamFever is even worse than FaeFever."

I heard that too :( Not looking forward to that lol

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments I can't wait for Tuesday! I'm trying to reread all 3 books before Tuesday. I finished Darkfever yesterday and will start on Bloodfever today.

I love Barrons too and really hope we find out more about him. There's only two more books {right?} to find that out!

message 9: by Gems (new)

Gems (zadien) | 134 comments That's official then, I'm not reading this series until it's over and done with and if everyone hates the ending, I won't read it at all. I almost succumbed two weeks ago but apparently the site I buy them off wouldn't sell because the publisher didn't want the books sold to place where I live, which ironically enough, is Ireland... hmm. Oh well, I'll hold out a while longer.

message 10: by Gems (new)

Gems (zadien) | 134 comments I'm still gonna wait - I hate cliff hangers in books, which is why I read PNR now because they generally don't have them. If I read UF, I like to wait until the series is finished and then start because it's less traumatic, lol.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) I just read Darkfever and picked up the 2nd in the series today--I am really wondering what the heck is up with Barrons? DONT TELL ME! Brandy--I am a Barrons fan too, I think...and I dont know how many of the books you have read, but if they don't kiss soon, I am going to freak out!

I was disappointed that there wasnt more closure in the first book--but since I just started the series and I can go right out and pick up the next book the major cliff hanger isnt so bad as say...waiting a year. That would pretty much drive me nuts! I am one of those people who have a love/hate relationship with surprises.

message 12: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments Cherra wrote: "I just read Darkfever and picked up the 2nd in the series today--I am really wondering what the heck is up with Barrons? DONT TELL ME! Brandy--I am a Barrons fan too, I think...and I dont know ho..."

Cherra,
After you get done with DreamFeaver get back to me, CAUSE we got to talk

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Brandy wrote: "Cherra wrote: "I just read Darkfever and picked up the 2nd in the series today--I am really wondering what the heck is up with Barrons? DONT TELL ME! Brandy--I am a Barrons fan too, I think...and..."

K--I am very curious where it is all going. I was really anxious with all the sexual tension with poor Mac and the men. I was like: Will sombody give the girl some lovin'--preferably some that isn't gonna kill her? I will let you know when I finish.

message 14: by Cathy (new)

Cathy  (cathygreytfriend) | 53 comments I just checked and my library reserve has arrived! Can't wait to go pick it up tomorrow.

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments I have not read any of the Fever books. I keep hearing that there are so many cliffhangers. I was gonna wait till they are all out. this last book that came out was it the last in the series or is there another one?

I actually am still in the middle of her Hihglander series love those guys.

message 16: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 257 comments If you like the highlander series then you should like this one..it is written in first person so that does make a difference but it is really good, minsu the cliffhangers

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 208 comments Thanks Samantha maybe ill start reading them at the end of the year so I can get all 5

message 18: by Cathy (new)

Cathy  (cathygreytfriend) | 53 comments Got it from the library today! It says on the inside back flap that the Fever series has been optioned by Twentieth Century Fox/New Regency Productions. I wonder what they intend.

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Lauren wrote: "Thanks Samantha maybe ill start reading them at the end of the year so I can get all 5"

I'm starting to wish that I'd waited. As much as I love cliffhangers, they drive me crazy too. I just finished Faefever, number 3 in the series, and loved it. I have a copy of Dreamfever, but once I finish it, waiting a year, or close to it for the fifth and final installment will be pure torture.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Samantha wrote: "I agree about waiting a year, but I don't know if I would have the willpower not to read it if I had it, LOL."

Willpower? I don't have any when it comes to reading. I have one more book to read before I finish the PNR monthly challenge, and I'm sure I'll jump right in to Dreamfever. At least I know I won't be waiting alone :)

message 21: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hurry up, everyone!!!! I finished Dreamfever a few days ago and I need to talk!!!!

message 22: by Cathy (new)

Cathy  (cathygreytfriend) | 53 comments I'm getting close, should finish tonight. We'll have to start a spoiler thread, there's no easy way to discuss this one without giving stuff away.

message 23: by Michelle (last edited Aug 23, 2009 07:18PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore I should be done sometime tonight as well. I've started reading it earlier today when I said I'd finish the monthly PNR challenge first, but I just couldn't wait. I only took a break for True Blood :)

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I finished Friday, and I'm dying to discuss.

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Sarah wrote: "I finished Friday, and I'm dying to discuss."

Me too!!

message 26: by Paige (new)

Paige (paigewaller) I am ready to discuss as well!!!!!

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I just started a Dreamfever thread. Warning, there will be spoilers for anyone not caught up!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Argghhh!! I am almost finished with Faefever and I am so irritated with Barrons. What is he freaking out about a little bday cake for? I thought that was sweet and I thought it might lighten the mood between them a little. BOOoooooo...I love him I hate him. I want to slap his face and jump his bones--maybe at the same time. I need a knife to cut the sexual tension they have going on. Ok, back to reading...

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Cherra wrote: "Argghhh!! I am almost finished with Faefever and I am so irritated with Barrons. What is he freaking out about a little bday cake for? I thought that was sweet and I thought it might lighten the..."

Oooo... just you wait, Cherra. All I can say is make sure you have a copy of Dreamfever handy as soon as you finish Faefever. You'll thank me later.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) that is what i am worried about--waiting on it from the library. i might have to break down and buy it tomorrow.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Sarah wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Argghhh!! I am almost finished with Faefever and I am so irritated with Barrons. What is he freaking out about a little bday cake for? I thought that was sweet and I thought it mi..."

I started reading Dreamfever last night and all I have to say is: IT'S ABOUT TIME! Of course, I know there will be something that will keep their "romance" from progressing. But a girl can hope, right?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started this series but I hear nothing but great things!!!

message 33: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments Steph wrote: "I just started this series but I hear nothing but great things!!!"

I hope you enjoy the series Steph. It is one of my favorites. Depending on how fast of a reader you are, you will have to suffer with the rest of us and wait a whole year for the next one to come out. There are so many questions to be answered.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Cherra wrote: "I started reading Dreamfever last night and all I have to say is: IT'S ABOUT TIME!"

His Rainbow Girl comment nearly killed me! My heart skipped some beats.

message 35: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 97 comments I've gotta say, this series is probably one of the best I've read in a while. The cliffhangers kill me, but it's so worth it.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Sarah wrote: "Cherra wrote: "I started reading Dreamfever last night and all I have to say is: IT'S ABOUT TIME!"

His Rainbow Girl comment nearly killed me! My heart skipped some beats.

"

when I started dreamfever I was like: "that's what i'm talkin' about."
i love the way she describes how barrons talks--he is constant baring his teeth and growling. he can growl at me all day long...I don't think I would be as controlled and resistant as Mac.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) BrandyS wrote: "Cherra wrote: "I just read Darkfever and picked up the 2nd in the series today--I am really wondering what the heck is up with Barrons? DONT TELL ME! Brandy--I am a Barrons fan too, I think...and..."

Arghhhh! BRANDY! I got Dreamfever yesterday and I am done and I am freaking out--what a ridiculous cliff hanger.

message 38: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Cherra wrote: "BrandyS wrote: "Cherra wrote: "I just read Darkfever and picked up the 2nd in the series today--I am really wondering what the heck is up with Barrons? DONT TELL ME! Brandy--I am a Barrons fan to..."

My thoughts exactly. Ugh!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) When is Shadowfever expected out? I know she just released Dreamfever, but...Did I read somewhere that there are only 5 or 6 books expected in this series?

Also, how do the Highlander books compare to this series?

message 40: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Shadowfever is definitely the end of the series, but I have no idea when it will be out. I'm sure it will be the same time of year as her usual release for that series (so a whole year!).

message 41: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 9 comments I just put the first book on my "to read" list. These sound good!

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I do recommend reading the Highlander series. It is pretty straighforward romance, but the last few stories have plot points that work into the Fever series. The Keltars that Barrons went with Christian to see each have Highlander books of their own. And you get to see the Seelie Queen and Unseelie King.

And if you haven't read them, it gives you something to do while waiting for the last Fever book!

message 43: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oakes (kellymoakes) | 111 comments Cherra wrote: "When is Shadowfever expected out? I know she just released Dreamfever, but...Did I read somewhere that there are only 5 or 6 books expected in this series?

Also, how do the Highlander books compa..."

The Highlander books are FAN_TAS_TIC!
You must read them! If you think that you love Barrons, you'll love ALL the men in the Highlander series.
MMMMMMMM GOOD. And if you get the chance to listen to any of them on Audio book, the guy who reads the novels, OMG

You can hear his voice on the KMM official website under EXTRAS, just listen to the ringtones and you'll die!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Kelly wrote: "Cherra wrote: "When is Shadowfever expected out? I know she just released Dreamfever, but...Did I read somewhere that there are only 5 or 6 books expected in this series?

Also, how do the Highl..."

awesome! because I just picked up the first one from the library! Yay!

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I went to the used bookstore today and bought books two through seven of the Highlander series. I already had book one. I've been hearing good things, I'm just hoping that they help get me through until Shadowfever comes out. I'm already seeing the movie in my mind, and who's playing who. All except for Mac. I haven't decided on the perfect Mac yet.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Michelle wrote: "I went to the used bookstore today and bought books two through seven of the Highlander series. I already had book one. I've been hearing good things, I'm just hoping that they help get me throug..."

what about Charlize Theron--too old? Cameron Diaz with a boob job and no talking?

I've got it! REESE Witherspoon--she is totally "innocent" looking and girl next door. so, I say less girl next door more tough maybe when she looks like this:
(I couldnt figure out how to just post the image)
http://ellegirl.elle.com/var/ellegirl...

or
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MhmM1BIfzqk...

message 47: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Cherra wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I went to the used bookstore today and bought books two through seven of the Highlander series. I already had book one. I've been hearing good things, I'm just hoping that they h..."

Yup! Elle was all about the pink, I see it!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Michelle wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I went to the used bookstore today and bought books two through seven of the Highlander series. I already had book one. I've been hearing good things, I'm just hop..."

who were you thinking for Barrons? and V'lane?

message 49: by Michelle (last edited Sep 12, 2009 06:48AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore Cherra wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I went to the used bookstore today and bought books two through seven of the Highlander series. I already had book one. I've been hearing good thi..."

For Barrons, I'm stuck oh Hugh Jackman. After seeing him as Wolverine, I know he would make a good.....whatever that Barrons is. For V'lane, I was thinking Orlando Bloom with his Legolis(sp?) look from the Lord of the Rings but only better. Any thoughts?

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Michelle wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Cherra wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I went to the used bookstore today and bought books two through seven of the Highlander series. I already had book one. I've been h..."

Barrons...Hugh Jackman is a pretty good choice for him. I totally have this picture in my head of what he looks like and I can't really think of any actors who are tall enough, beefy enough, dark hair & olive skin enough to fit my mental description.

I can't remember what V'lane's description was in the book, but I always imagined him as a blonde and ripped. So maybe--and as much as I try to avoid Brad Pitt b/c I dislike his union with Angelina "Ho"lie, I have to admit that this picture is, in my mind, a perfect fit for how I imagine V'lane:

http://bittenandbound.com/2008/06/15/... OR

Ryan Gosling:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff...

What do you think?

This is totally off subject, but David Beckham is a pretty perfect fit my idea of Bones in Halfway to the Grave /The Night Huntress series--have you read that?
http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-cont...

This picture of Collin Farrell could be my idea of Bones too:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image...

Anyhoo, those are my delicious thoughts for the day...

« previous 1