YA LGBT Books discussion

New Releases > August 2018 New Releases

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16807 comments This is for YA books with significant LGBTQ content released in August 2018 - anyone can post books here (author or not.) If the book is on Goodreads please link it (and maybe show us the cover.) If you read it, feel free to add a short comment or synopsis. Consider also adding the book to our group bookshelf.

Thanks for helping to keep our group up to date.

message 2: by Rez (last edited Jun 14, 2018 03:00PM) (new)

Rez Delnava (rez_delnava) .
Sometime After Midnight by L. Philips Sometime After Midnight by L. Philips releases August 7th.

Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry releases August 7th.

Night Soil by Dale Peck Night Soil by Dale Peck releases August 14th.

The Raging Ones (The Raging Ones, #1) by Krista Ritchie The Raging Ones by Krista Ritchie releases August 14th.

message 3: by Rez (last edited Jun 21, 2018 04:56PM) (new)

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (myrmidude) | 5 comments Now I'm Here by Jim Provenzano

Hi, folks!

My sixth novel, 'Now I'm Here' brings a piano prodigy and a pumpkin farmer together on their first date to a Queen concert. Separated then reunited, they build a life together.

Advance praise:

“Here is a novel of such sweep and breadth that to call it simply a love story is inadequate, even while the love of David and Joshua at the heart of the book resonates so deeply that I could not stop reading their tale. Provenzano is one of our masters; like his character Joshua he is a kind of musician. The instrument he plays on is the heart, and the story of these men rings true for all of us who lived through these years.”
– Jim Grimsley, author of Dream Boy and Winter Birds

"Jim Provenzano has again created characters that a reader can’t help but fall in love with. This is an epic story, a tale as captivating as a favorite piece of music.”
– Mark Abramson, author of Minnesota Boy

“A haunting page turner; Provenzano fearlessly navigates, with wit, unflinching candor and a detective’s tenacity, that deepest mystery: first love, with all its euphoria, madness and wreckage. Gorgeously written, Now I’m Here stands alongside the best of Edmund White and Andrew Holleran. I could spend a year with each sentence.”
- Adam Tendler, pianist, composer, author of 88x50

It's also getting some great advance reviews!
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

It'll be out on Kindle, Nook and Kobo August 29.
Paperback's out September 20.

Events in San Francisco and West Hollywood include live music of Queen.

My previous YA novels, Every Time I Think of You (Lambda Literary Award winner), its sequel Message of Love (a Lammy Finalist), and my first novel PINS, are popular YA novels.

See more at https://www.jimprovenzano.com/

Thanks!

message 6: by Kaje (last edited Aug 26, 2018 09:34AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16807 comments Rainbow Briefs volume 2 Rainbow Briefs volume 2 by Kira Harp

My second collection of short stories from this group, edited and polished and with brand one new story, will release Aug 30th (under my Kira Harp pen name.)