Ara & Friends Book Club discussion

Recommendations > No Love Interest ?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ara (last edited May 25, 2018 01:57PM) (new)

Ara (arareads) No love interest?

A little romance here and there is cute, sometimes even heartwarming. But the whole 'he loves me, he loves me not' narrative is growing tiresome.
For once I want a book that is driven purely by the story. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any book with no love interest.
This doesn't mean absolutely no romance (though that would be preferred). So long as the romance doesn't bog down the plot, and isn't a main principle, that's fine.

message 2: by Tasmin (new)

Tasmin Bradshaw (taz13) | 1 comments Cruel Prince was a good with one with no romance
And the one I'm reading right now beyond a darken shore by Jessica laeke hasn't so far been romance based so those two haha

message 3: by Del-Gratia (new)

Del-Gratia Crawley (crawley) | 2 comments A Wrinkle in Time doesn't have much romance

message 4: by Ara (new)

Ara (arareads) Del-Gratia wrote: "A Wrinkle in Time doesn't have much romance"

I wasn't planning on ever reading a Wrinkle in Time (just isn't my type). But perhaps I'll give it a shot. Thank you Del☺️

message 5: by Ara (new)

Ara (arareads) Tasmin wrote: "Cruel Prince was a good with one with no romance
And the one I'm reading right now beyond a darken shore by Jessica laeke hasn't so far been romance based so those two haha"

I've been debating on read Cruel Prince about a month. I've heard a couple of mixed reviews and frankly I'm not sure.
I had no idea it wasn't romance though.
I'm going to read the excerpt and see how it goes.
We were talking of doing a royal theme soon, so it just might be perfect.