The Never Ending TBR Book Club discussion

General Discussion > Welcome! Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Tellefsen (Rescues and Reads) (rescuesandreads) | 96 comments Mod
Hi Everyone! And Welcome! We are so glad that you are here! Please take a moment and introduce yourselves and tell us some bookish facts about yourself!

message 2: by Carly (new)

Carly W. (alderaanwords) | 19 comments Mod
Hi! My name is Carly and this is my first ever official book club that I have been a part of... EXCITING!!! I love my dogs, books and nature. I have an unread shelf a mile long (probably quite literally) and have a book buying problem.

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (sbvaughan89) Hey! My name is Brittany. I'm obviously a booklover and obsessed with bookmarks. love fantasy mainly! I'm horrible at reading books during book club so maybe it wont be bad lol

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (bookish_pineapple) Hi! I’m Jordan! I am a stay at home mom of 5 at the moment! I love reading because it gets me away from the monotonous and crazy of daily life 😂. I have more books than shelves. I love horror, fantasy, and romance. Mostly read young adult :) anything else you wanna know I’m an open book 😜

message 5: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (teasersbooks) | 1 comments Hi! Im also Jordan aha 😋 Im a 20 year old and i spend most of my days reading when im not doing scholl work. Suoer excited to do this!

message 6: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | -263 comments Mod
Hey guys :D

I'm Maddie, 20 years old and from New Zealand.
My shelves are rather confusing, as all of the books I own but haven't read I've marked as 'read' so that my 'want-to-read' is just full of books I want that I haven't read/owned XD More for gift-giving purposes.
I'm in many book clubs but, like Brittany, I'm not the best with reading the BOM's. In this case I will definitely make an effort though, what with being a mod :p

So excited to get this group off the ground :D This is my first time creating a book club.

message 7: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 8 comments Helloooo! I guess so far I'm the baby of the group :p My name is Maica! I'm a 18 year old student from the Philippines. I'll be entering college in August. My favorite genres are contemporary, fantasy and historical fiction!

message 8: by Maddie (new)

Yay thanks Maica! :D

You'll have a fun time this first month then if you choose to read the BOM :p

message 9: by Nicole's Book Diaries (last edited May 24, 2018 12:00AM) (new)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 3 comments Hello!!! I'm so excited to be here! I'm Nicole and I just...really like to read XD My favorite genres are YA, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Dystopian, Sci Fi. Honestly, I'll read any genre or book. I just have to be in the mood for it.

I have never read a BOM before. I've been trying but something always happens when I try to read the BOM for the clubs I'm active in. I've either read the book, don't have it, didn't acquire it on time or forgot about it. I know...I'm horrible. But I've been trying to read one and I will definitely try to read the BOM for this group.

message 10: by Maddie (new)

That's also why we are finishing up the polls and picking the books a week before the next month so that people have time to get the books :) Glad to have you here!

message 11: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 8 comments Maddison wrote: "Yay thanks Maica! :D

You'll have a fun time this first month then if you choose to read the BOM :p"

I'll be a good member and try to read all the BOM of this group xD

message 12: by Maddie (new)

XD So will I for a change. Assuming it's not non-fiction.

message 13: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 8 comments Maddison wrote: "XD So will I for a change. Assuming it's not non-fiction."

Oh noooo. I'm so bad at reading non-fiction novels xD

message 14: by Maddie (new)

Me too XD I don't think that'll be a genre because no one will likely suggest it :p

message 15: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 8 comments Maddison wrote: "Me too XD I don't think that'll be a genre because no one will likely suggest it :p"

Hopefully xD I think we'll mostly be reading YA

message 16: by Maddie (new)

Yeah which is fine by me :p Never have enough YA.

I'm going to actually purchase all of our BOMs so that I can own the books from a club I helped create. It'll be real awesome.

message 17: by ✦ Maica ✦ (last edited May 24, 2018 03:27AM) (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 8 comments Maddison wrote: "Yeah which is fine by me :p Never have enough YA.

I'm going to actually purchase all of our BOMs so that I can own the books from a club I helped create. It'll be real awesome."

I love YA :p And yeah, that would be a great self idea. If I ever made a book club I would like to buy all the BOM

message 18: by Maddie (new)

Just hopefully the book club sticks around XD

I really want to rearrange my shelves but don't have the room to rearrange them how I want them.

message 19: by Kadi (last edited May 24, 2018 07:27AM) (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 10 comments Hi all! I'm Kadi! I'm a student so I don't have a lot of time to read anymore but I can't wait for summer when I can. Glad the first BOM will be in July hopefully my work load will be decreasing then.

Thanks for inviting me to this book club Mads :)
I'm excited to start reading some great books.
I love to read (seems obvious to me but I might as well clarify it) and although I am sceptical of a few genres I'd still love to try all kinds of books!

I'm a big big fan of mystery and thrillers. Mystery the most, especially murder mysteries. Huge fan HUGE fan of time travel novels. Good ones are hard to find sadly.
I don't really like reading fantasy novels anymore because I find the whole genre is littered with cliche books that are all so formulaic. It's all like brave, strong heroine (probably an assassin or some kind of royalty) goes through some turmoil and must save the entire world. Everyone has weird names and all the places do too. The storylines are flimsy, the characters often predictable, boring or/and 2D and if there's a love triangle then imma just leave riiiight now hahhahah.

Wow I sound super pessimistic hahaha. I've come to love books that genuinely surprise me because they're not what I expected or they're a hidden gem. If anyone's got any recommendations feel free!

message 20: by Brittany (new)

Jordan wrote: "Hi! I’m Jordan! I am a stay at home mom of 5 at the moment! I love reading because it gets me away from the monotonous and crazy of daily life 😂. I have more books than shelves. I love horror, fant..."

Hi Jordan! Thank you so much for joining us!

message 21: by Brittany (last edited May 24, 2018 05:42AM) (new)

Nicole wrote: "Hello!!! I'm so excited to be here! I'm Nicole and I just...really like to read XD My favorite genres are YA, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Dystopian, Sci Fi. Honestly, I'll read any genre or book. I jus..."

Hi Nicole! Thank you for joining us! Just read whatever BOTM interests you! There are bound to be books selected that you have already read or have no interest in, but hopefully the group helps you find your next favorite! Don't forget to post a nomination for the July BOTM if you haven't already!

message 22: by Brittany (new)

Jordan wrote: "Hi! Im also Jordan aha 😋 Im a 20 year old and i spend most of my days reading when im not doing scholl work. Suoer excited to do this!"

Yay! Thank you for participating in our group! Don't forget to post a nomination for the July BOTM!

message 23: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Hi people! I'm Aly and I'm excited to be in this book club. I'm 27 with no kids, except my puppy, so I have a lot of time to read, but I still have a huge TBR list. I love all YA genres and New Adult, especially sports romance. I'm active in 2 other book clubs and I like reading books with others so we can discuss. Thanks for inviting me!

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments Hi all! My name is Jessica, I’m 18 and just finished my first year of university in Arizona, US! It’s been such a busy school year I haven’t had much time to read save for breaks and long weekends. Can’t wait to get back to it this summer!

message 25: by Brittany (new)

Aly wrote: "Hi people! I'm Aly and I'm excited to be in this book club. I'm 27 with no kids, except my puppy, so I have a lot of time to read, but I still have a huge TBR list. I love all YA genres and New Adu..."

Welcome, Aly! I only have my furbabies as well but they definitely keeo me on my toes! Glad to have you here!

message 26: by Brittany (new)

Jessica wrote: "Hi all! My name is Jessica, I’m 18 and just finished my first year of university in Arizona, US! It’s been such a busy school year I haven’t had much time to read save for breaks and long weekends...."

I remember those days. When I graduated I was pretty much "read all the books!!!"

Devon (ReadByDev) (readbydev) | 3 comments Hi all! I'm Devon and this is my first real book club! I'm from Southern California, I love nature/camping, reading, snuggling with my pups, and drinking 5 cups of coffee a day.

I'm a notorious binge-reader and if I love a book, I can probably finish it within a few days if I try hard enough (AKA staying up for all hours of the night instead of sleeping). My favorite genres are fantasy, horror and sci-fi.

message 28: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) Hi everyone! My name is Jenny and I live in Maryland USA near the beaches of Ocean City. I love reading and I read pretty much any genres. My favorites are mysteries, horror, sci-fi, fantasy. My least favorites are probably non-fiction histories, biographies, and other non-fictions (except science and environment and cookbooks - I like those).

message 29: by Maddie (new)

Kadi wrote: "Hi all! I'm Kadi! I'm a student so I don't have a lot of time to read anymore but I can't wait for summer when I can. Glad the first BOM will be in July hopefully my work load will be decreasing th..."

No worries Kadi XD I kind of feel the same about YA Fantasy, yet it's still my most-read genre... No idea why because half the time I'm raging at it. But that's also why I'm branching out into more adult fantasy because they don't have those tropes (mainly not much romance yay)

Btw everyone should watch HaileyinBookland's new '15 signs you're a YA character' video it's great.

message 30: by Maddie (new)

Aly wrote: "Hi people! I'm Aly and I'm excited to be in this book club. I'm 27 with no kids, except my puppy, so I have a lot of time to read, but I still have a huge TBR list. I love all YA genres and New Adu..."

Yay! Puppies can be distracting though XD

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Jessica wrote: "Hi all! My name is Jessica, I’m 18 and just finished my first year of university in Arizona, US! It’s been such a busy school year I haven’t had much time to read save for breaks and long weekends...."

Summer break does sound nice.

message 32: by Maddie (new)

Devon wrote: "Hi all! I'm Devon and this is my first real book club! I'm from Southern California, I love nature/camping, reading, snuggling with my pups, and drinking 5 cups of coffee a day.

I'm a notorious b..."

Yay another horror reader! I'm a fan too! It's strange though because I can't stand horror movies. I think because with books I can imagine it how I want rather than having an image shoved at me. And I also can't deal with the scary music. Music's a big part for me.

message 33: by Maddie (new)

Jammin Jenny wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Jenny and I live in Maryland USA near the beaches of Ocean City. I love reading and I read pretty much any genres. My favorites are mysteries, horror, sci-fi, fantasy. My le..."

I wish I liked cookbooks :p

message 34: by Alecs (new)

Alecs (alecsreadsalot) | 2 comments Hello, friends!! This is my first proper book club so I'm a bit nervous, but I'm hecking excited!
I'm Alecs, I'm from the UK and I love all kinds of genres, mostly YA, historical fantasy/romance, sci-fi, fantasy, contemporary. Anything with some sweet, slow-burn romance is a ///win/// for me, hehe.
When I'm not reading, I like to write, attempt baking the perfect macaron shell, and cry over Grey's Anatomy. I can't seem to think about any other facts about myself when I want to, but here I am! I live for two (2) things: books and dessert.

Can't wait to start reading with you all! ♥

message 35: by Maddie (new)

This seems to be everyone's first book clubs! This is surprising haha.

message 36: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments Hi everyone. My name is Jessica and I have been looking for a book club. I'm also 18 just like you Jessica. (the other one)

message 37: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) Hi, I'm Wolf. I'm turning 16 on Friday June 1st. Thanks for inviting me Maddison.

message 38: by Maddie (new)

Hey guys.

message 39: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) Hey Maddi

message 40: by Brittany (new)

Wolf (Alpha) wrote: "Hey Maddi"

So glad to see all the new faces! Please feel free to invite any of your bookish friends!

message 41: by Wolf (Alpha) (new)

Wolf (Alpha) No problem. I have about 300.

message 42: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 8 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "Hi everyone! My name is Jenny and I live in Maryland USA near the beaches of Ocean City. I love reading and I read pretty much any genres. My favorites are mysteries, horror, sci-fi, fantasy. My le..."

Same. I want to read more non-fiction but I have such a hard time focusing in those kind of books xD

message 43: by Kadi (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 10 comments Wolf (Alpha) wrote: "No problem. I have about 300."

Hey Wolf! You have so many friends hahah. Nice to see a few people from the TV watching group Maddie started last year. I see a lot of names I recognise so that's nice

message 44: by Ash (new)

Ash (ashesofabookdragon) | 3 comments Hi~ My name is Ash! I own over 700 physical books and a good chunk right now are TBR. *ashamed* LOL I’ve been in a reading slump for the past year and am just starting to kick it off again~ I also enjoy video gaming, knitting, and painting. Which now that I think about it, are also time consuming hobbies. Not enough time in the day! Hahahahaha

Devon (ReadByDev) (readbydev) | 3 comments Maddison wrote: "Devon wrote: "Hi all! I'm Devon and this is my first real book club! I'm from Southern California, I love nature/camping, reading, snuggling with my pups, and drinking 5 cups of coffee a day.

I'm..."

I totally agree with you, Maddison. It's fun to scare yourself by imagining scary things. I do enjoy a good horror movie, but usually they aren't as scary as the book versions.

message 46: by Lee (new)

Lee Hello! My name is Erin. I'll read just about anything. That's all I know to say. 😂

message 47: by Brittany (new)

Erin wrote: "Hello! My name is Erin. I'll read just about anything. That's all I know to say. 😂"

Hi Erin! Thank you for joining us! Don't forget to post your nominations for July's BOTM if you haven't already!

message 48: by Evie (last edited May 25, 2018 08:50AM) (new)

Evie Hughes (eviehughes) | 5 comments Hey All,

My name is Evie (technically my middle name) and I am a mum of two. When I am not wrangling them or working (I am a Neonatal ICU nurse), I am usually stealing a few moments to read. Fantasy is my favorite genre, though I do agree with Kadi that it has gotten hard to find books that aren't tropey minefields. *sigh*. However, since I read anything from middle grade to adult that helps open up the possibilities. I do really love YA fantasy in particular though because it is fast paced and I am an impatient person (get on with it! Stop world building and make something happen!).

Oh, and if anyone bookstagrams, mine is at:

https://www.instagram.com/bookerdash/

message 49: by Maddie (new)

Kadi wrote: "Wolf (Alpha) wrote: "No problem. I have about 300."

Hey Wolf! You have so many friends hahah. Nice to see a few people from the TV watching group Maddie started last year. I see a lot of names I r..."

Oh God yeah that group :p

message 50: by Maddie (new)

Followed your bookstagram :)

« previous 1 3 4