You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Book Resources & Recommendations > Your best book EVER!!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noelia (new)

Noelia Coletti (noelipola) Hi there, I think it´ll be nice to share here our best books of all times!! We all have one (or more) book/s that change our life, touch us in a deep way, made our life better, etc.
Mines are Atlas Shrugged , The Kitchen God's Wife and Julio Cortázar, Rayuela .
Looking forward to hear yours!!!

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather This will be a great topic. Thanks, Noelia.

I love hearing about others favorite reads. I read mostly for entertainment/relaxation so mine will not be intellectual, might not be well edited and will only be life changing in the fact that I enjoyed them so much!!!

So with that disclaimer, here are mine:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I loved the whole series and have read them several times. Next, The Time Traveler's Wife. Because I enjoy, time travel this one is a favorite. One of my newest favorites is The Light Between Oceans, I really related to the main character --- I wept with her. And last, but not least, The Bourbon Thief. This book was such an intense read for me and because some of the content in it I wouldn't normally read, but I fell into it by accident and it is one of my 'secret' favorites.

Like all of you, we love books/stories/tales of fantasy, next week it is very possible I could have a new favorite. :-)

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments My top 3 are As Meat Loves Salt (the best historical fiction novel I have ever read, not to mention one of the most intense), The Shadow of the Wind and Outlander.

message 5: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9824 comments If I have to pick only one, I would go with The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

message 6: by Annette (new)

Annette Olsen | 205 comments I love Outlander and Shadow of the Wind... but if I had to pick a favorite I think it would have to be Angle of Repose

If I can pick more than one I would include The House at Riverton

message 7: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10291 comments Oh dear, I these kinds of threads for picking up recommendations but I can never chose just one book from all time - I will do my best to whittle it down lol

Gone with the Wind
The Invention of Wings
The Song of Achilles
Fahrenheit 451
Company of Liars
The Buried Giant

And that's just this century! Tomorrow I could make completely different choices ;-)

message 8: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments Margo wrote: "And that's just this century! Tomorrow I could make completely different choices ;-) ..."

I feel with you, Margo...

message 9: by Noelia (new)

Noelia Coletti (noelipola) I’m so happy to read you all!! We know which one is that “special one” ( or special 5) that means so much to us. No need to explain or justify (but I love to read your reasons to pick them). Thanks for sharing!!!