Adult Horror Book Club discussion

The winner is.....Ghost Stories!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Bryant (scottbryant) | 42 comments Mod
So we only have three days for this! Nominate any book that is an adult ghost story (remember, nnnnooooo young adult) and second any nominations you like!

Let's start right....now!

Nathaniel, by John Saul.

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments I don’t know if everyone think of this book as a ghost story but I love The Shining as a ghost story. I nominate The Shining.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmhasspoken) | 8 comments I would call that a haunted house story which is why I asked if ghost story and haunted house story are the same. ALSO,I would love to second that, but it is my favorite book ever (I’m not a very deep person), so I’ve read it at least 5 times in my nearly 49 years. The last time was last year. I won’t participate in the reading, if it is the chosen book, but I will definitely add to the discussion.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmhasspoken) | 8 comments I think it would be fun!

message 5: by Robert (new)

Cool, Michael! it would be cool if you participated in the discussion knowing the book the way you do. As for haunted house and ghost story subgenres I think ghost story is just a more open genre and can include haunted house stories if ghosts are a large part of the story. I am easy to please. LOL! The Shining makes the poll!

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky B. | 9 comments Mod
I nominate Ghost Story, by Peter Straub. I’m determined!!!

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments I second Ghost Story. I knits nominated this book myself.

message 8: by Robert (new)

Ghost Story is in the poll!

message 9: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments Auto correct. I meant I almost nominated Ghost Story myself

message 10: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 10 comments I second The Shining

message 11: by Robert (new)

Ariana, do you have a book you would like to nominate as well?

message 12: by Robert (new)

Jill, is there a ghost story you would like to nominate?

message 13: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 10 comments Well, if everyone here has read the shining before, I would like to nominate it's follow up, Dr. Sleep

message 14: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments Trying to think of a good ghost story!🤔

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmhasspoken) | 8 comments There’s always "Haunted" by James Herbert. I think it qualifies as a haunted house story and/or a ghost story. I think you guys are on to something with Ghost Story by Stroub. I haven’t read the book, but I’ve seen the movie many, many times. I bet the book is better.

message 16: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments I like Ghost Story

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael (mmhasspoken) | 8 comments On Doctor Sleep: I’ve read it twice and it is definitely a worthy sequel. But, I’m not sure it qualifies as a ghost story, given that the main antagonists are Rose the Hat and the True Knot. However, it is another book I would love to discuss sometime.

message 18: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments What book?

message 19: by Jill (new)

Jill Shumate | 29 comments Never mind. I just glanced at the post earlier

message 20: by Leila (new)

Leila | 8 comments I second Ghost Story