Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Penname issues

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Maley Hi. I've written a couple of novels using my real name. It's the name that's on the account I'm signed into right now. Goodreads for some reason won't let me "sign out" of this account.

On a previous occasion, I think I also opened an account for a penname, T-Bob Corvus. T-Bob has an author page. I don't seem to be able to access the T-Bob Corvus author dashboard. Maybe I could get there if I could find a way to "sign in" as T-Bob.

This is an issue because I am trying to hold a giveaway.

Can someone give me a bit of guidance? Thanks in advance.

Dennis Maley

message 2: by Michael (last edited May 22, 2018 08:56AM) (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments If you'd like to access both author profiles, you can login as T-Bob and claim T-Bob Corvus author page (similar to how you claimed Dennis Maley author profile I guess).

If you'd like to link your current profile to T-Bob Corvus author account and de-associate with Dennis Maley, you can drop a mail to staff - support AT goodreads DOT com - so that they'll "sign you out" of this account and link it with the other.

Edit:
Err, I see both author profiles are claimed? *gulps*

message 3: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Maley Thanks for your help Michael, I appreciate you trying. But Goodreads won't let me sign off of the Dennis Maley account.

When I click the "sign out" link on my author dashboard, it takes me to a signout page that spins. And spins. And spins. Stuck on that page. I can't figure out how to sign in on T-Bob if I can't sign out on Dennis.

Your *gulps* comment reminds me of the joke about the guy that's awake during brain surgery that hears the surgeon say "oops."

I probably did something in an earlier life to bollux this up. I just can't figure out how to fix it.

Dennis

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments I believe your issue is best checked by staff since it is not something a librarian can assist you with. You can post your issue in Feedback Group where staff check regularly or contact staff directly through email - support AT goodreads DOT com

While staff check your issue, maybe try logging in to T-Bob account from a different browser where you are not currently logged in?

message 5: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Maley Good idea. Will do, and thAnks.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.