What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mystery/Thriller - woman (cop?) forced to run around by a psychopath who is threatening something (bomb? hostages?) - literal running, with sneakers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jolinda (new)

Jolinda | 3 comments I'm sorry for the very poor description, but I can't really remember a lot of the plot just that it fascinated me. If I'm remembering all my details right, it was a female protagonist (90% sure of that) and some crazy psychopath called her (on a cellphone, maybe? don't think it was a pager or something like that, but maybe?) and made her run around doing stuff for him, by threatening to do something evil (blowing up something, maybe? maybe hostages?). She was literally running around, in sneakers, on foot. The guy made it so she couldn't use a car or bike or anything, she had to physically run. Don't remember how or why. She may or may not be a law enforcement member. I really can't recall, she may have just been some random person.

Read this a long time ago. Probably not earlier than the aughts, since I would have been too young before then. But I have no recollection of when the book was published, so it could have been years before that. Definitely nothing published after 2010.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Where is it set? Country/region/city.

Sounds like something Patricia Cornwell might write.

message 3: by Jolinda (new)

Jolinda | 3 comments Probably the United States? No clue anything more specific than that, and not even sure of that, I just imagine if it had been somewhere outside my home country, I probably would have remembered.

I also vaguely recall something about a storage unit that she may or may not have been at when she got the first call. (Can't remember why.)

message 4: by Jolinda (new)

Jolinda | 3 comments I took a look at Patricia Cornwell's catalogue and I don't see anything there. Don't think it's her.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Jolinda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?