Brilliant Books You've Never Heard Of discussion

Stone of Fire (ARKANE #1)
This topic is about Stone of Fire
Group Read > Stone of Fire - First Impressions *No Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) This is our winner for our June read. And as of now it's still free on Kindle! You don't need to have a Kindle to read Kindle books. Any computer, table or smartphone will work!

What are your first impressions of this book?

message 2: by Josh (new) - added it

Josh Whittington | 2 comments My first impression is "It's free, woohoo!" That was a pleasant surprise 😂 I like the sound of the book from the synopsis, I think it's the kind of thing that'll be right up my alley

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) Josh wrote: "My first impression is "It's free, woohoo!" That was a pleasant surprise 😂 I like the sound of the book from the synopsis, I think it's the kind of thing that'll be right up my alley"

I think that will be a lot of people's first impression. : ) I certainly agree.

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 22 comments Kristin B. wrote: "Josh wrote: "My first impression is "It's free, woohoo!" That was a pleasant surprise 😂 I like the sound of the book from the synopsis, I think it's the kind of thing that'll be right up my alley"
..."

I thought the exact same thing! I'm excited to get started.

John (jwarner6comcastnet) | 21 comments Stone of Fire (Arcane, #1) by J.F. Penn
★★★

Those who enjoy the Indiana Jones movies or Dan Brown's books with Robert Langdon might enjoy a similar suspense thriller with a female protagonist. For my full review, click here.

message 6: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (fogjuice) Just finished chapter 4, and I kept thinking What?! and tried not to roll my eyes. There's nothing in Christian history that hints at this at all. Then I reminded myself that this is not a Christian history book, but fiction. Look at it like Indiana Jones or Dan Brown, and just have fun with it :)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 22 comments I'm on chapter 10 and I have to really concentrate to get into it. I'm not connecting to the characters.

After chapter one when Sister Aruna died I was in. Loved that chapter. Hope it grabs me soon.