Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > last name first

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5871 comments Corinne wrote: "oopsie I think something went wrong. Can you double check? TIA"

For me, it is displaying correctly, but there is still an author profile with the name the wrong way around.

I would think the clean up script would get rid of the profile, but maybe another librarian could weigh in on that. :)

message 3: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23355 comments Clean up script is supposed to, but we have no idea how often it runs; things can hang around a long time. The book is no longer on that profile, that's the main thing.

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23355 comments You can check by clicking the link for the author's books. The author profile page is slow to change.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Clean up script is supposed to, but we have no idea how often it runs; things can hang around a long time. The book is no longer on that profile, that's the main thing."

The cleanup script is not running and hasn't been running for many many months.

message 6: by Olivia (last edited May 22, 2018 06:04AM) (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I'm just wondering.
Wouldn't it work if we would merge empty profiles to NOT A BOOK?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Olivia wrote: "I'm just wondering.
Wouldn't it work if we would merge empty profiles to NOT A BOOK?"

Yes, you can get empty profiles removed if you merge into another profile. I think it doesn't matter which one, as long as there are no books/followers, etc.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7148 comments Also, support has said if you report to them they will delete the empty profile.

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Changing to NOT A BOOK (or any other) seems to be much quicker way if it's allowed.

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments I usually merge into Various if the profile doesn't have quotes/followers/books

message 11: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 23355 comments I've been doing that sometimes, once I'm sure there are no links, followers, quotes, or anything else ... whatever anything else could be. :-)

message 12: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments I just merged it with the real profile. So it no longer exists.