Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Marika and HarpyAshe (Maximum Ride!)

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Marika (last edited May 22, 2018 11:50AM) (new)

Marika | 10 comments Name: Elijah

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Elijah is hard to reach. He's quiet and angry, and at first impressions, you'd think he 100% an asshole. Under the rough layer, however, he's protective, but scared. He puts up an angry, cruel facade to keep from showing weakness.

History: He has no memory of a life outside of experiments and cages, having been here as long as he can remember. To him, this is the norm, and the outside world nothing but a myth.

Appearance: Elijah stands at 6'1, with dark hair. His eyes are odd, with one being blue, and one half brown, half blue. His build is solid and strong, unlike what one might expect from an avian hybrid. His wingspan is a solid 16', his wings long and powerful, obviously those of a bird of prey. The black speckled pattern on his wings resembles that of a snowy owl.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1cdCAbihu0g...
(He doesn't have any of the piercings currently, but he's probably gonna get the lip piercings at some point lol)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/39/4a/...
(His wings look like this owl's)

message 3: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Before I post one of my other characters, I wanna check with you, how do you feel about a hybrid other than an avian hybrid? Because I have a character in mind but her personality and everything fit better with a different kind of hybrid. I can make her work with avian though if you want to stick to that lol

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments I like him (: and we don't have to keep them all avian if you don't want! Some of them can even have another thing mixed in with the avian stuff if you wanted.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments

Name Hailey

Date of Birth: Unknown
Time of Birth: Unknown
Location of Birth: Unknown, but probably somewhere in California since that's where the school is at

Language(s): Understands English, Spanish, French, Korean, Japanese and Chinese, but can only fluently speak English

Position? Submissive
Virgin? Yes

Appearance
https://weheartit.com/entry/312747223
//Hair Color// Black
//Eye Color// Blue
//Height// 5'5
//Weight// 110 lbs
//Skin Tone// Pale

Scars?? Many along her body from her time at the School.
Freckles?? Yes, some across her nose and on her shoulders.
Distinctive Markings?? None.
Birth Marks?? None.

Wings
https://weheartit.com/entry/312748238

Personality
*Blunt
*Motherly
*Loyal
*Determined
*Not easy to break down, but when she does, it's pretty bad
*Cautious around people she doesn't know
*Doesn't easily trust

Likes☺/Dislikes☻
☺Her flock
☺Reading
☺Running and flying
☺Mashed potatoes
☻Feeling/being chained down
☻Small spaces
☻When she breaks down since she feels it makes her weak
☻The School, Erasers and Whitecoats

Name: Zar

Date of Birth: April 16
Location of Birth: The School in Death Valley, California

Language(s): English and is learning Russian (she has a Russian accent since that's what her parents were)

Sexuality: Doesn't pay a lot of attention to that stuff, so probably panseuxal
Virgin? No, but she doesn't like to discuss it....
Position? Submissive.

Appearance
https://weheartit.com/entry/312747293We
//Hair Color// Blonde
//Eye Color// Right is green and her left eye is pale due to blindness
//Height// 4'11
//Weight//70 lbs
//Skin Tone// Sikinly pale

Scars?? Throughout her body from her time spent at the school, a large one going horizontally up her left eye though.
Freckles?? Some here and there, but not many.
Distinctive Markings? Most people notice the scar on her eye right away.
Birth Marks? None.

Wings
https://weheartit.com/entry/312748684

Personality
*Jumpy, easy to scare
*Closed off from most people
*Only has a close connection with Hailey and Cheryl
*Loyal to those she's close with/spends the most time with (The Flock)
*Likes to be told jokes and laugh

Likes☺/Dislikes☻
☺Being alone
☺Being in small spaces cause she feels safer
☺Ice cream
☺Swimming
☻Being touched
☻Yelling/arguing
☻Being lied to or important secrets being kept from her
☻Chocolate

Name Hunt

Date of Birth: Unknown
Location of Birth: Unknown, maybe in California? He feels is was somewhere else though...

Language(s): English

Sexuality: Homosexual
Position? Versatile.
Virgin? Yes.

Appearance
https://weheartit.com/entry/312747351
//Hair Color// Brown
//Eye Color// Light brown
//Height// 6'0
//Weight// 120lbs
//Skin Tone// Caramel color

Scars?? Here and there, but nothing extraordinary.
Freckles?? None really.
Distinctive Markings? None.
Birth Marks? One his shoulder, there a patch of skin that is white.

Wings
https://weheartit.com/entry/312748976

Personality
*Playful
*Loyal
*Protective in a big brother sorta way
*The most friendly out of them all
*Open to try new things
*Secretive about his own personal life

Likes☺/Dislikes☻
☺Sweets
☺Singing
☺Animals (cats, dogs, turtles, snakes, etc)
☺Peanut butter
☻Being told he's weak
☻Bullies/bossy people/those who hurt others
☻Swimming
☻The feelings that he's missing something all the time....

Name: Victor

Date of Birth: May 11
Location of Birth: New York, New York

Language(s): English

Position? He's 11 years old, let's not think too much about that, shall we?
Virgin? Again, 11. Not the time to have this conversation!

Appearance
https://weheartit.com/entry/312747411
//Hair Color// Blonde
//Eye Color// Hazel
//Height// 4'6
//Weight// 60 lbs
//Skin Tone// Slightly tan

Scars? Here and there, there are a lot of patches on his leg where it looked like his skin was grafted off...
Freckles?? Yes, on his shoulders and arms.
Distinctive Markings? None.
Birth Marks?? None.

Wings
https://weheartit.com/entry/312748992

Personality
*Shy
*Caring
*Acts like a tough guy, but is pretty scared deep down
*Lashes out when feels overwhelmed or pressured
*Understanding

Likes☺/Dislikes☻
☺Being around people he's use to
☺Flying
☺Singing/Dancing
☺Pretty much all food
☻Failing at anything really
☻Being small, he wants to get bigger so he can help more
☻His wings feeling/being restricted
☻His parents, his real parents

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments These arn't finished, they're just so I can get the names and what they look like out there (:

message 7: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Okay great! I might make her have avian and something else then, so that she still has wings to keep up with the others. Having more than one animal would also help explain her situation, which you'll see as soon as I have her up lol

Hailey looks great!

message 9: by Marika (last edited May 22, 2018 11:49AM) (new)

Marika | 10 comments Name: Roxanne

Sexuality: Kind of hard to tell with her mental state, but probably Demiromantic Asexual

Personality: Roxanne isn't all there, and you can see this just by watching her for a few moments. Due to the trauma of the experiments done on her, her sanity has gone all but down the drain. She can often be seen completely zoned out, and if you try to get her attention, you might be met with her lashing out for no apparent reason. When she speaks, her personality doesn't seem completely human. It often seems like the animal DNA in her has started take over her mind.

History: Roxanne was brought to the School as a young child, though she was not placed with most of the other avian hybrids at first. She was taking to a different part of the School, for a separate set of experiments, those involving splicing the DNA of multiple animals into her, in her case, Silver Fox and African Grey Parrot. Her ears were surgically removed and replaced with larger version of fox ears, and along with the wings that were placed in her back, a tail was added for extra balance and control. Overall, the surgeries and splicings were successful, however due to the deterioration of her sanity, the experiment was deemed a failure, and she was placed with the other avian hybrids.

Appearance: Roxanne is 5'1, with a slender, agile build. She has silvery grey hair and blue eyes. Her ears are those of a fox's, and there are scars visible all around them from the surgery to place them, the same goes for the scars around her wings and tail.
http://www.prettydesigns.com/wp-conte...
Wings:
http://www.davidwirawan.com/wp-conten...

(I kinda want her to become friends with Victor because she can't really operate on the same level of thinking as the others closer to her age. I feel like she's gonna turn into almost the pet of the group xD)

message 10: by Marika (last edited May 22, 2018 11:50AM) (new)

Marika | 10 comments Name: Cheryl (Cherry)

Sexuality: Biromantic Demisexual

Personality: Cherry is quiet and shy, though only because she doesn't know what's going on. She has no memory of isexuaher previous life, and only remembers the events that have occurred since she arrived at the School.

History: Unknown

Appearance: Cherry is tiny, standing at 4'10 at 20 years old, so she's not getting any bigger. She has red hair befitting of her nickname, and dark green eyes. Her wings are similar to those of Cardinal, though the color is less of a scarlet and a little closer to the orange-ish-red that is her hair.
http://www.peency.com/images/2015/06/...
wings:
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/6c/b3/1f/6c...

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments I like her (: and she can totally be friends with Victor!

message 12: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Yay! lol
So is there anything else you wanna discuss before we start? (If your characters are all done) And when we start would you mind doing first post?

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments They're not completely done, I was gonna add some personality and maybe their likes/dislikes, but they're done enough that we can start until I add those things in if you want (:

And to be clear, we're gonna start with them at the School and then have them escape?

message 14: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments I can wait until you're done! lol Sorry, didn't mean to rush xD

And yeah, that was what I was thinking :D

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Oh it's cool haha but alright! I'll finish later on today cause I'm going to work in a little bit.

And okay cool! Just wanted to make sure I was following it right haha

message 16: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Okay cool! Let me know when you're done :)

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Alright I'm all done (: sorry I didn't get it done last night, I had a real crappy day at work :p

message 18: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Yay! Don't worry about it! I totally understand crappy days.
So should we get this show on the road, or, in the air, rather? lol Would you mind doing first post?

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Yeah sure I can start! Do you want it to run like it does in the School, where they're always in their cages or do you want it to be a little different? Like they have an hour everyday to go outside and/or an hour to go in a room and read and play video games? Something of that nature? The hour outside might be a good idea cause that's when they could escape? Just a thought lol

message 20: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments I like the idea of them being allowed outside. Maybe they could be allowed into an atrium type area that we could call the Birdcage? That way they wouldn't be able to escape right off the bat because they can't just fly out?

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Yeah, I like that (: otherwise I was thinking if they let them into an open field, they would just clip their wings so they couldn't fly haha but I like the Birdcage idea! Would you like me to start off with them hanging out in there, or in their cages and then they can go there in a bit?

message 22: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Hmm, let's start with cages first, then birdcage.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Kewl beans!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Zar was curled up on her cage, just like she was 90% of the time every single day. It happened to be one of those colder days inside here, they had the AC on super high and her cage happened to be right under it. She shivered a bit and looked over to the cage on her right, that was currently empty, then at the cage on her left where Roxanne was. Lifting her head a bit, she looked over at the ones across from her at her other friends, Victor, Hunt and Cheryl. Victor was fast asleep while Hunt was trying to pick at a nail that had been broken. And the cage next to the empty one was Elijah, being quiet as always. Though she couldn't blame him.

She flinched when the doors opened and 2 Whitecoats came into the room, somewhat dragging Hailey, who they had taken hours ago, behind them. Victor woke up out of his sleep right away and looked up while Hunt yelled out a curse word. That would probably get him into trouble later....The scientists opened the cage to Zar's right and pretty much threw Hailey in it before closing and locking it.

Hailey panted as she laid against the cool metal of the cage under her, not moving at all until she heard the doors open and them close again. And even then, she didn't want to get up. She just wanted to lay there and feel the metal against her hot, sweaty skin. But she didn't want to fall asleep. Not yet. Groaning, she forced herself into a sitting up position, reaching and touching her arm where it was bloody. They had taken a lot of blood from her today, made her run for 2 hours straight without any water and then subjected her to a series of electrocuting tests. That wasn't any fun, probably her least favorite.

message 24: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Elijah sat in his cage, his eyes shifting from each of his fellow subjects to the next, assessing their current condition, as he usually did when Hailey was gone. He never really did anything about it if there was something wrong, not that he really could, but he still paid attention. His eyes darkened the moment he heard the door open, locking on to Hailey the moment he saw her. He winced slightly when they tossed her back into her cage, knowing all too well how that felt. He somewhat expected them to take someone else, presumably Roxanne or Cheryl, as the two of them were fairly new to this facility, and the Whitecoats seemed all too eager to torture- I mean study them.
"You okay?" He asked, his eyes scanning her body for any signs of serious injury. He jumped at the sound of a loud, yet slightly muffled bang, followed by several more. He looked up to see Roxanne flapping her wings wildly, as much as she could inside her cage anyway. She was staring at the Whitecoats with a mixture of terror and aggression, her ears laid back, as they stood looming over her cage, obviously taunting her because they knew they could get a response out of her.

Roxanne screeched at the Whitecoats, her wings continuing to slam against her cage as she shifted around, trying to get further away from the scientists who were teasing her. "Foxy want a cracker?" They taunted, "Foxy want a cracker?" Roxanne didn't fully understand what they were doing, and was fully convinced they were going to take her out and hurt her like they did so often. After a while, they laughed and left the room, leaving Roxanne panting and twitching from pain and fear, worried they were coming back. Her wings ached now from being slammed against her cage, and she let out a soft whimper as she started to rub them, curling up in the corner of her cage as she had been before the scientists had brought Hailey in.

Cheryl, meanwhile, had been curled up in her own cage, her brightly colored wings wrapped tightly around herself so she didn't have to see what was going on around her. She was trembling as she listened to Roxanne's panic, worried for the other hybrid, but too scared to even look to see if she was okay.
Cheryl, like Roxanne, was different from the rest, not in the same way, however. She was brought in only a few years ago, much older than the rest when they were first being experimented on. Her wings were not those of a bird of prey's like most of the others', but those of a smaller bird, shorter and stouter, having to be flapped much faster to keep her aloft when she flew. Flying was awkward for her as well, being as new to it as she was, but between the experiments and exercises, and their time out in the birdcage, she was being forced to learn, and she was starting to get better.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Hailey winced when she heard screeching noises and banging, looking over to where Roxanne's cage was. She glared heavily at the Whitecoats as they taunted her, wanting nothing more than to jump out of his cage and beat them senseless. She didn't care too much what they did to her, she just hated it when they hurt her friends.
"I'm fine," she replied quickly to Elijah as she watched to make sure those damn scientists would leave Roxanne alone, which they did after a moment. Once they were gone, she moved around a bit to get a better look at the other girl who was terrified."Roxanne, it's alright." She knew the girl probably wasn't going to response, she often didn't. Out of everyone, she was the most unstable, but that didn't mean she was any less out of the loop as everyone else.

Victor watched what happened from his cage, still trying to wake up a bit and he rubbed his eyes. He hated those scientists! They were so mean to everyone, especially Roxanne and Zar. They didn't deserve that....Looking over at Hailey, who was in the cage across from his, he put his small hands on the bars.
"Are you okay Hailey?" he asked her.

Hailey looked over to where Victor was and she nodded her head, offering a small smile to the boy.
"I'm alright Vic. It wasn't too bad today. Blood work, running, you know, the usual," she replied, not mentioning the electrocuting. They all knew it was her least favorite, it had been one of the earliest forms of testing that she needed to go through and it just always brought back horrible memories for her. She rubbed her feet and legs where a lot of it happened as she looked around at everyone to make sure they were alright. Hopefully no one else would be taken today.

message 26: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Roxanne shook her head at the sound of Hailey's voice. "Bad..." She mumbled, shaking her head, "Bad, bad, bad..." She folded her wings tightly against her back and looked over at Hailey, her eyes returning from a terrified gaze to her normal blank stare, almost as if nothing had happened.

Elijah shook his head as he looked at the odd hybrid, his expression that of disbelief. "She's nuts," he muttered, "Absolutely nuts." He looked at Hailey. "You know that if we get out of here, she's going to be a liability. So's that one." He jerked his head in the direction of Cheryl, who was still cowering in the corner of her cage. "If we ever get out of here, they'll just get us caught again before we even get a proper taste of freedom." He knew that was a cold thought process, but he was more worried about the five that he'd known longer. The other two weren't worth risking everyone else's safety for. Maybe that was why he wasn't the leader of the group.

Cheryl could hear Elijah talking about her, and as upsetting as his words were, she knew he was right. She froze up like this at the slightest hint of danger, how would she be able to keep up with them if they were on the run? And if the rest of them were so worried about keeping track of her, they would get hurt or caught themselves. She would probably be best staying here if they got out, for the good of the group. She peeked out from behind her wings quietly, watching Elijah and Hailey to see what the other girl would say.

message 27: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments ((Sorry for the delayed response. I had to go to the store.))

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Hailey sighed softly at how Roxanne responded to her, wishing that she could help more. But it was hard to get near the girl most of the time. If you got too close she would scream, even attack if she felt threatened enough. Looking over at Elijah as he spoke, she quickly shook her head and scoffed at him.
"We're all in this together Eli. I'm not gonna leave either of them behind when we finally get out of this shit hole. They don't deserve what's being done to them and their our family. So were taking them with us," she replied to him, not even able to believe that he would suggest leaving them! Just like that! He wouldn't ever think of leaving behind, oh, her! She wasn't any different from those other two.

Zar could also hear what Elijah was saying, but she was right next to them. Sniffling a bit, she glanced over at Cheryl and the other two boys over there, Victor fighting against sleep. He had been taken earlier today and done a really long running course as well. Poor thing was probably exhausted, but now that Hailey was here, he didn't wanna sleep again.

(( Its okay! Sorry for it being a bit shorter and for any mistakes! Doing a longer reply on my phone is hard haha ))

message 29: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Eli held up his hands in surrender. "I'm just saying," he muttered, "They're not as much family as the rest of you, at least not to me. One's bonkers and one doesn't know who she is, save her name. Call me an asshole if you will, but protecting them at the risk of our own safety just isn't worth it to me." He shrugged. "But hey, I'm not in charge and maybe that's why. Your call Hailey. But if things go south, that'll be on you."

Cheryl noticed Zar looking at her and tried to muster a smile, but it looked broken and sad, just like she felt. She let out a quiet sigh and shook her head, finally relaxing her wings from the cocoon she had formed and letting them rest limply behind her. "Don't be too hard on him," she said to Hailey, "He has a point. But I do still want out of here just as much as you do..."

((It's all good! I totally get the difficulties of the app. I usually type my stuff up either on the desktop browser via phone, or on a notepad so there's more room to see what you have lol))

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Hailey shook her head a bit at Elijah's words and opened her mouth to reply when she heard Cheryl speak. She looked over to her, not aware she had been listening. Though most of them had really good hearing so it shouldn't come as a surprise.
"I know you do and that's why I'm not leaving anyone behind. It might be idiotic and it might be stupid to some," she said, looking over at Elijah before back at Cheryl,"You're coming with us though, all 7 of us are getting out of here."

Zar listened to her words, though she didn't really say much. Honestly, she knew who was the most important to Elijah. It was Hailey, it was pretty clear. Now, if that was in a brotherly way or a romantic way, she wasn't sure. But it was obvious he cared more about her than anyone else even if he would never, ever admit it. She nodded a bit at her words though, looking over at Roxanne. She managed just a small smile to her before relaxing a bit more in her cage.

"Of course all of us are getting out of here, I dunno why that's even a debate that we're having," Hunt chimed in from his cage, looking around at everyone,"It's like that movie we got to watch, you know, the only one we ever did. Lilo and....Starch....Stats....Something, anyways, he said "Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind." Right?"

"Or forgotten," Vincent chimed in the last part of that sentence, looking over at Hunt for a moment with a cute, small smile before going back to absent mindly picking at a scab he's had for quite a while now.

message 32: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Elijah shrugged and leaned back against the bars of his cage. "Like I said, your call," he said nonchalantly, closing his eyes, his wings wrapping around himself as a blanket. He wasn't sleeping, no, he was simply listening, sure the conversation would continue. Sure enough, Hunt and Victor chimed in with a reference to the movie they'd been allowed to watch a few weeks back. "Stitch," he said, opening his eyes just to roll them at Hunt, "Lilo and Stitch." He snorted, closing his eyes again. "Lilo and starch," he mumbled under his breath, shaking his head slightly, clearly amused by the mixup.

Cheryl smiled slightly at the others. "Thanks guys," she said quietly, "I'd be lost without you all. I mean, I still kind of am, but less with you."
The sweet moment was short lived, however, and was cut short by the sound of the door opening again. Cheryl gave a soft yelp of surprise and cocooned herself in her wings again, peeking out from between her feathers to see who it was. To her relief, it was the handlers that usually took them out into the atrium the Whitecoats so fondly referred to as the Birdcage.

Roxanne began screeching again as the handlers approached the cages, clearly unable to distinguish the handlers from the scientists. They all had the same smell to them and that was all that mattered to her. The handlers made a point to pull her out last, as they always did, knowing she would cause the most damage, with her sharper canines that made her biting much more painful than one would expect. Transporting her was always a chore, as they had to wrestle her into a straightjacket to keep her from attacking each of them.

((just so you know, I'm probably going to be pretty inactive until this evening, as I'm going into work now and don't get home until 5ish, and I need to go fix a flat tire when I get home.))

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments "Yeah, that one," Hunt said, motioning to Elijah. He looked around at everyone and sighed a bit, but smiled afterwards, looking over at Cheryl and listened to her words."That's why we need to stick together. We'll be just f-." He cut off then when the door opened and he tensed up a bit, seeing the handlers. They weren't as bad as the Whitecoats, most of the time, but they were still low life bastards that treated them like trash and animals.

Zar looked at Roxanne when she started screaming again, frowning a bit since she was right next to her and she was quite loud. She stayed right where she was until the Handlers came to her cage, unlocking it and reaching for her. She quickly moved out of the way of them though and glared daggers.
"I can get out myself," she snapped at them, which they simply shrugged at. Slowly, she climbed out, keeping a close eye on them. When one of them touched her arms to bound her wrists, it felt like fire on her skin. She hated, hated being touched. It made her feel so filthy and dirty.

Hailey watched as they took Zar out and headed to her next. She wasn't looking forward to moving around much so quick after being tested on. And as much as she wanted to snap at them like Zar did, she didn't. One of them grabbed her arm and pulled her out, making her hiss in a breath as her leg banged against the cage. That hurt. She was bound at the wrists like Zar and then stood their on slightly wobbly legs as she waited for them to take everyone else out.

message 35: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Elijah groaned in annoyance when the door opened and Roxanne started yelling again. "Jesus, can't a guy get some sleep around here?" He muttered, smacking the hand away that reached into his cage to grab him. This of course earned him a whap on the side of his head, but he was allowed to climb out of the cage on his own after that. He hissed in pain as they cuffed his wrists too tightly, but didn't much acknowledge the handlers otherwise. He was glad to be getting out into the Birdcage. It was almost like a small forest, with lots of trees he could go chill in and get the nap he'd been trying to take.

Cheryl whimpered as she was yanked out of her cage. The handler who grabbed her pulled her wings back painfully and strapped them together so she couldn't hide in them like she always did. This was a new treatment, and she didn't like it in the slightest, but she didn't protest as she was pushed towards the door with the others. She glanced over at Roxanne, who had actually quieted down since being placed in the straitjacket.

The handlers led them all through the unnervingly white hallways of the School and out into the birdcage. The moment Elijah's hands were freed, his wings snapped out, nearly whacking one of the handlers in the face, and he took off with a nearly silent stroke of his wings, heading for one of the tallest trees in the atrium. His wingspan was by far the longest of the group, and his speckled wings were definitely a sight to behold.
Cheryl flinched at Eli's sudden movement, watching him fly up to the tree with an almost envious look on her face. She wished she had that much confidence in flight, but her wings definitely weren't as strong as his, nor were they even the same size in comparison to her body.

Roxanne jumped away from the handler the moment she was freed from the straitjacket, immediately dashing into the trees until she found herself in a little clearing with a small pond. She laid down in the grass and sighed contently, her wings spread along the grass as the sun shone down on her through the trees.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments Victor and Hunt both were taken out of their cage, none with real resistance, besides a death glare of all death glares coming from Hunt towards the handlers. Everyone was quiet as they were lead through the halls to where the Birdcage was, all of them watching as both Elijah and Roxanne went to their own little places.

Hailey sighed a bit when the both of them just took off, looking at the handlers when they left them alone, but she knew they weren't ever really alone. They were watching them all the time to make sure they weren't trying to get out. She only knew of one place in the Birdcage that didn't have a camera directly on it. But it was also risky to go up there cause if the handlers didn't see them in a decent amount of time, they would know something was up.

Sighing a bit, Hailey turned to Cheryl and smiled a bit at her.
"Wanna go ahead and try out your flying again? I know you're wings hurt and everything, but with practice it'll get easier," she suggested to her, unfolding her own wings, yet she didn't take flight quite yet.

Victor moved away from them, his wings unfurled, but he didn't fly. He just went to a tree that he had been sorta doodling on for a while now and continued his work, sure that Hailey wanna gonna invite him to fly with them in a bit. Hunt and Zar stayed with Hailey and Cherly, though Zar was further away from them, but close enough to still be considered part of the conversation.

message 37: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments Cheryl looked at Hailey when she spoke, then glanced once more in Eli's direction before giving a soft sigh. "I suppose," she said, "Never going to get better if I don't try." She shook out her bright wings, trying to get rid of the aching the handlers' roughness has caused. She gave a few test flaps before attempting a takeoff. She held herself in the air for a bit longer than she'd managed last time she tried, but then let herself drop again. "It's harder for me," she said, "I don't think my wings are as well fit as you guys', since they didn't grow with me. And they're different. Shorter. I have to flap more and it's exhausting." She shook her head, but then gave another try, again doing slightly better than the try before. "Slow and steady, I guess," she said, then paused for a second before adding, "I want to prove him wrong. I don't want to be a liability to you guys when you finally get out of her. "

Roxanne's ears twitched as she listened to everything going on in the Birdcage, her fox ears giving her even better hearing than the others. After a bit, she got bored and got to her feet again, wandering back over to the others. She moseyed over to victor and poked his sides playfully a couple times, her wings ruffling in excitement as she tried to rile Victor up enough to play with her. She grinned at him. "Tag? Tag!" She chirped, poking him again and prancing a few steps away.

Elijah settled onto a thick branch near the top of the tree, his back against the trunk with his wings stretched out and relaxed. He watch the others on the ground below, snorting as he watched Cheryl's attempts to fly. He felt bad for her, but he couldn't help but feel as if her poor flight abilities just proved his point about her. He raised a brow as Roxanne came back into view and started picking on Victor. The silver haired girl definitely seemed fond of the boy, perhaps because her maturity level seemed to be around the same as his, if not lower, not that much maturity could be expected from a girl with a mind almost like an animal's.

message 39: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments ((okidoke (: ))

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments "Exactly," Hailey said to her and smiled, watching as she went up. It was sloppy and unsteady, but everyone was when they first started. Plus her wings were so different from everyone else and she wasn't as light as everyone else she believed. They had been genetically modified for so long their bones changed, but Cheryl was still knew. So she probably didn't have that yet and maybe didn't develop the air sacks in her lungs either. She wasn't 100% sure honestly."I know, I want to too. Elijah means well but he can be a dick sometimes. We're not gonna leave you or Roxanne behind. Here, let's kinda help you with the wing flapping so you won't have to work as hard."

Hailey moved her wings until she was hovered a bit in air above everyone else and reached her arms down to Cheryl.
"Go ahead and hold my hands. I'll keep you up and you just flap, find a good rhythm and we'll see what happens, okay? Don't worry, I won't drop you." She wasn't the strongest in the group, but she would be able to hold up Cheryl for at least a bit like what she was planning on doing here.

Victor jumped a bit when Roxanne came over to him and tilted his head a bit, smiling. He was use to her wanting to play with him, since he was younger it was only naturally she think he wanted to. And he did, it was fun.
"Okay, okay. But you better run!" he said and started chasing after her. She liked to go up in trees as stuff so he made sure his wings were out so he could get her when she went there.

Zar and Hunt also went up in the air now to stretch out their wings, Hunt staying down with Hailey and Cheryl while Zar went up to the top of the Birdcage, enjoying being far up and, honestly, away from other people. She was always near them that it was nice to get some alone time in every day. Even if it was just a little bit of it. She smiled softly to herself as she felt the breeze, wishing she could just leave. But they couldn't....not yet anyways.

message 41: by Marika (new)

Marika | 10 comments ((Sorry for my lack of activity! I've had a bit of writers block, but I'll get a post up today, I promise!!))

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) | 16508 comments (( Its alright I understand (: I kinds got it too haha ))