Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services offered > Affordable Beta Reader/ Editor/ Proof Reader all in one

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Dec 23, 2018 02:44PM) (new)

Chris Liberty | 41 comments I am a published author (NOT SELF-PUBLISHED) whose books include "Destination Death: A Horror Anthology", and later this summer my book "Dino Crisis -- Stranded" will be released.

I am offering my affordable services for a variety of genres--fantasy, sci-fi, YA, fiction, non-fiction, historical romance, short-stories, etc. I'm very diverse in what I Beta. Just HMU with what you have to be beta'd. My prices vary depending on what you want. I will go over the first chapter, or the first 1,000 words for free so you can see my skills.

Editing services include: Line edits about grammar, punctuation, repetitious words, plot holes, character consistency, etc. I will let you know, in the track mark comments why certain things were changed or deleted. I charge $1 per page with the font at 12pt.

If you just want me to just beta read (without editing) and give you feedback at the end of the book regarding plot, plot holes, characters, etc., I can do that for $0.30 per page.

message 2: by Goodness (new)

Goodness Nwankpa (goodnessnwankpa) | 43 comments I recently had Chris as a beta for my manuscript, and I can vouch for the quality of his critique skills.

My experience with him was amazing! Some beta readers give a summary of their overall thoughts of your story, Chris on the other hand provided a summary AND a thorough, hands-on, in-depth feedback.

I am always satisfied when I receive my manuscript back and it resembles a graded homework paper with marked up words, crossed out lines, and corrections everywhere. Because that shows me time and effort was put into looking over my work.

That’s exactly what I received with Chris. He carefully went through each page, crossing out what didn’t work and adding suggestions to improve what was there. He analyzed each character and left me with a clear idea of how to improve my story for the better. He pointed out what was missing from my story, and some facts that I got wrong about cougars.

Thank you so much Chris for the obvious effort that you poured into my work. I cannot stress how hassle free your critique made my editing rounds. You made editing ten times easier. I appreciate it very much!

Sincerely,
Goodness

message 3: by Aliza (new)

Aliza | 66 comments My best experience yet with a beta reader.

My third book is very different from my first two. Different POV and a totally different genre. I was feeling a bit insecure after investing time in 4 full chapters and needed feedback before continuing.

Chris did a very thorough job and in record turnaround time.

I accepted many of the comments in their totality. Others opened my eyes to issues and enabled me to take care of them in my own style.

A very nice personal style; supportive but discerning.

Thank you, Chris!

message 4: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 8 comments Chris beta read the first four chapters of my manuscript. He provided valuable feedback, including a report of what worked and what didn't within these chapters and line edits. After reading his feedback, I came away with a better understanding of the elements that made my story strong. In addition, he communicated well and got back to me in a timely fashion. Would highly recommend!

message 5: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Just wanted to say that Chris read my full MS and gave me great feedback. He delivered a few chapters a day so I had something to work on without waiting, but even then it was a quick turnaround. He also let me know when it was out of character for my characters to do or say something. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for editing.

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Liberty | 41 comments Thank you Goodness, Aliza, Morgan, and Elisa for all the very kind words. I appreciate it very much :) :) :)

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (miss_amber) | 16 comments Chris beta read the rewrite of the first chapter of my future publication. He provided clear and thorough feedback. His beta reading feedback made me feel as though I was receiving my MS back from an editor! He provides line by line edits, with the lovely red color and line throughs. :) He also gives feedback in comments about why he suggested the edit and/or to let you know his thoughts regarding a passage of the work. He doesn't make you feel you have to throw it away and start over, but he opens your eyes to things you wouldn't want your reader to deal with in the finish product.
Chris beta read for me in May and asked I leave a review. I was recently able to look over his feedback and feel he is not only worthy of my time to offer this review, but I also would highly recommend him!

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Liberty | 41 comments Thank you very much for the kind words, Amber :)

message 9: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Roy (lucyroy) | 7 comments I just received the edits for the first few chapters of my book that Chris beta read for me, and they were fantastic. He addressed formatting, word choice, clarity, grammar, and everything in between. His comments were clear and concise and he explained his reasoning for any recommended adjustments. He's a great choice if you're looking for detailed and honest feedback.