YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Series) > Lord of the Rings

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Anyone else love it? I read this this past fall and totally enjoyed them. Favorite characters? Ships? Not many of my friends have read this so hopefully some of you have! :)

message 2: by Shram (new)

Shram Chaulagain | 2 comments I have watched the moves for sure but not yet gone through the book !!

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I. LOVE. THE. MOVIES!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too

message 5: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Ahhh guys! I love the movies too but you gotta read the books! they are so good! But yeah I love Legolas and Aragorn. Just ask Jurni lol!

message 6: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Haha i heard the books are bad? I love Legolas sooo much! He's my favorite :D

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) I didn't like The Hobbit (the prequel). I always fall asleep during these movies xD

message 8: by Jessica (last edited Jul 30, 2014 02:12PM) (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) My favorite movies!! I've read the books, but only once. They're just very dense and there are parts that are boring. Such an amazing world and story though. If you like the movies, the books give you more substance.

message 9: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
One of my fave book to movie adaptions

message 10: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Erin: I totally agree. I should have put that on the other thread...
Jordan: Oh my God, they are so good. I do recommend listening to the audio book, because there are some boring walking parts, especially in book three. I just kinda let my wander during those parts, or just fall asleep. (I listen to audio books to help me sleep)

message 11: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Oh okay!! Oh that's smart to listen to them to fall asleep. I need to try that

message 12: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

It does sound smart

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I listen to books before bed if I'm not on here

message 14: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Ok

message 15: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments I am definitely going to read this series before I die. (Unless I die tomorrow... fingers crossed that doesn't happen)
I just can't get into it, somehow. After the first chapter or so, I lose interest and start to feel sleepy. Maybe my vocabulary just isn't good enough, or my mind isn't up for Tolkien's writing style, but I can't get past the first few pages. I'm determined to read them someday, though.

message 16: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I was the same way with it, but I pulled through and read it and I ended up liking it

message 17: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 60 comments hey Connie, Tolkien is hard to read. Not only were the books written close to hundred years ago and our language has changed some since then, he also spent most of twenty five years developing the languages he used for the elves and orcs and such. The total length of the series is also more than a thousand pages. I think a lot of people get discouraged with it, but hang in there, it really is a great story.

message 18: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Yeah. I have tried at least ten times to read The Hobbit in print. It's hard to get through!