Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > I goofed. Can someone help?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Comeaux (bri-cx) | 27 comments Okay, so I was originally publishing this under my real name but recently decided to go with a pen name. I went to change it on the book's information, but now it's under a whole new author's page and I can't change it back. Also, I wanted to change my profile name to my pen name, but I don't want my first novel under my pen name. Help!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Jul 29, 2014 08:08PM) (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Has the book been published or distributed as an ARC with the cover currently shown? It does seem to have been.

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Comeaux (bri-cx) | 27 comments No it still hasn't been published yet.

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Comeaux (bri-cx) | 27 comments I still need help.

message 5: by Deon (new)

Deon (deonva) | 3386 comments i have changed the name back on the book>> Brittany Comeaux

but you are not going to be able to change your profile name as that is what is on the book covers

message 6: by Brittany (last edited Aug 01, 2014 09:20AM) (new)

Brittany Comeaux (bri-cx) | 27 comments So if I change the cover can I at least change the name on the book itself? Or can I have two author profiles? I don't want to use my pen name on my first novel since it's already published.

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Comeaux (bri-cx) | 27 comments Oh and thanks for fixing it.

message 8: by Kam (new)

Kam Miller (goodreadscomkammiller) | 4 comments Hi – I have two issues. I uploaded the information for my book "Myth of Crime? without realizing I put an ISBN 13 in the ISBN 10 field. When I figured that out my ISBN was wrong, I uploaded the correct ISBN in the correct field. Now I have two versions of the same book – one with an invalid 10 digit ISBN and one with the accurate 13 digit ISBN.

Is there a way to delete the erroneous book? This is the incorrect ISBN number: 9780990613. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Also, I tried to upload a tiff of the book cover and haven't been successful. How can I get my book cover to appear? Here's a link to the Amazon listing.
http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Crime-Kam-...

Thank you for your help.

message 9: by Melaslithos (new)

Melaslithos | 1356 comments #8 Since it had not been shelved, I just deleted the version with the wrong ISBN.

I also changed the ISBN13 to ASIN, since that is what we use for Kindle Books.
Cover has been added.

Next time, when a thread is about a specific book, please start a new one instead of adding your request to it, or it can get confusing.

message 10: by Kam (new)

Kam Miller (goodreadscomkammiller) | 4 comments Thank you so much. I will in the future start a new thread. I just identified with the "I goofed" part.

Your response time is so fast. I very much appreciate your help.

message 11: by Melaslithos (new)

Melaslithos | 1356 comments @Brittany I think the best is indeed for you to create and claim a new author profile with your pen name (you will have to use a second email for this).

Under your real name, you will keep your first novel.
Under your pen name, you will have your new novel.

Concerning this new novel, since it hasn't been published or distributing in any format yet, you will be able to change your book cover, and therefore the author name written on it.

So, that's for my suggestion, but I think it'll be better if you wait for someone more experimented then me on this subject to come and give you an answer.

message 12: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Comeaux (bri-cx) | 27 comments Kam wrote: "Thank you so much. I will in the future start a new thread. I just identified with the "I goofed" part.

Your response time is so fast. I very much appreciate your help."

There's a little button that says "new topic," I suggest using it next time...