Short Story Connect discussion

FREE STORIES, ARCs, BOOK REVIEWS > Decide what cover looks best

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott Zavoda (ScottZavoda) | 34 comments I'm narrowing it down finally. Having a hard time with the best one. Looking for opinions please.

http://s784.photobucket.com/user/szav...

message 2: by R.C. (new)

R.C. Matthews (rcmatthews) | 30 comments My vote is for the first one. I love the letting of the title. It looks better to me spread across the whole cover and those letters have a creepy feel to them. Just my two cents.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Zavoda (ScottZavoda) | 34 comments Thanks R.C!

Anyone else?

message 4: by Geoff (new)

Geoff Wyss | 43 comments First one, definitely. The title font is the best on that one.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 410 comments I like the forth better, because it's easier on the eyes.

message 6: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) I like the first--the bold font packs a bigger punch and looks more threatening, less passive than the others.

message 7: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 73 comments I like the font from the first one best, but the location of the text in the second one. (Being able to see that crack in the wall definitely adds to the creepiness factor.) A combination of the two perhaps?

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Rosa (veronicadelrosa) I really like the first one as well.

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott Zavoda (ScottZavoda) | 34 comments Thank you all so much for the insights. Much appreciated. Went with a mix of number 4 and 5. Looking fwd to August 20th release!

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy...

message 10: by DigiWriting (new)

DigiWriting | 523 comments Mod
Scott, good choice! Keep us updated on your launch!

message 11: by Monica (new)

Monica LaSalle (MonicaReadsAlot) | 173 comments Scott, sorry I'm late here, but I like #5

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott Zavoda (ScottZavoda) | 34 comments Thank you. That evens the votes more. I did too only because it was easier to read in thumbnail view which is literally the most important thing of all in the marketplace to get folks through the doors.

message 13: by Virginia (new)

Virginia | 73 comments Scott wrote: "Thank you all so much for the insights. Much appreciated. Went with a mix of number 4 and 5. Looking fwd to August 20th release!

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy..."

August 20th release!? That's my birthday! Does that mean I get a free copy? ;-) Just kidding. Congrats on the final cover selection and good luck with the release!

message 14: by Scott (new)

Scott Zavoda (ScottZavoda) | 34 comments Thanks, Virginia! Your birthday? Sure! Free copy is yours. I always like reviews too? Anyone else's birthday? Cmon, now not everyone though:)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 410 comments I would like to read your book Scott:)

message 16: by Virginia (last edited Aug 01, 2014 10:45AM) (new)

Virginia | 73 comments Scott wrote: "Thanks, Virginia! Your birthday? Sure! Free copy is yours. I always like reviews too? Anyone else's birthday? Cmon, now not everyone though:)"

Well, free copy for MY birthday, review for YOUR birthday. Come on, fair's fair. :-) Seriously though, you don't have to give me a free copy, but if you do I will certainly leave an honest review.

message 17: by Scott (new)

Scott Zavoda (ScottZavoda) | 34 comments Ha! You got me. Fair is fair. Message me an email address if you want and I'll send a redemption code over. Its no problem at all.