What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Crime fiction book written in about 2001/2002 set in Ireland about a teacher who committed a murder years before and the secret is starting to unravel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Ingram | 2 comments Loved this book . Would like to read again .

message 2: by Tadgh (new)

Tadgh | 28 comments I doubt I know it, but I do want to do what I can to help find it.

Do you remember if the murderer's occupation simply is teacher (and he killed a non-student, non-colleague such as his wife), or if he's a teacher who's killed a student?

Was it part of a series? If so, does Ken Bruen (author) or Jack Taylor (cop main character of 1 of his series) ring a bell? Most other popular Irish crime fiction author seem to write series. If it's not, it may narrow it down, even if it makes it harder to find. I mean, GR has a list of 133 "Popular Irish Crime Fiction Books," and it's largely the same prolific handful of authors.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Ingram | 2 comments Him and 2 friends accidentally killed a girl when they were all much younger and covered it up . They have been living normal lives ever since . Until the truth starts to unravel ........

message 4: by Tadgh (new)

Tadgh | 28 comments Just skimmed the GR synopsis for any book on that list published as late as 2004 (jic) or earlier. It seems only 2 have anything to do with a single murder with a delay between it and the investigation: Following the Wake (2002) and Haunted Ground (2003).

There's plenty on that list with lacking descriptions, and I'm not the best reader/skimmer so I may have missed something. If it's not either of those, it seems it's at least not listed on this site.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40678 comments Mod
Chris, are you still looking for this or did you find it?