Play Book Tag discussion

My Dear Hamilton: A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton
This topic is about My Dear Hamilton
Archive: Other Books > My Dear Hamilton - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 848 comments This is the story of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton beginning in 1777. She is the daughter of a general, a charity worker, a mother, friend of the Founding Fathers and wife of Alexander Hamilton. Alexander’s story is also seen in the book indirectly, as Eliza reacts to things he says, helps him, and sees first hand many of his accomplishments for the nation.

This historical fiction novel takes many real events and what is know of the Hamiltons and develops a story where Eliza is portrayed as a strong and caring women. She faces difficulties from war and also due to Alexander’s own actions. She has much to come to terms with after his death including resolving her feeling about some of the things Alexander did. This part captured my attention the most. The author’s do a good job of making Eliza the focus and we see her own love of the nation, loyalty and political views.

message 2: by Magdalena (new) - added it

Magdalena | 414 comments This looks interesting I always like historical fiction based on real people.

message 3: by Joi (new) - added it

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Ahh, another book piggybacking off the Hamiton craze and popularity. What can I say, I'm on the bandwagon too. This is on my TBR.

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8434 comments Nice review Kelly, you caught my interest-added to my TBR