YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Blogger Room > Follow Our Blogs!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Are you a blogger? Leave us a link so that we can follow!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Mine is NightlyReading

I review mostly YA but also some NA & Adult titles.

message 3: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1952 comments Mod
K-Books is mine.

I typically review YA exclusively but there is the odd NA/Adult in there if it's by a fave author such as Jen Armentrout

message 4: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Hi Ladies, a quick question for you.... What mailer list service do you use for your email/blog subscriptions? I'm considering using one on my website and would appreciate your thoughts.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments J. Leigh wrote: "Hi Ladies, a quick question for you.... What mailer list service do you use for your email/blog subscriptions? I'm considering using one on my website and would appreciate your thoughts."
Hi J! I know a lot of people us MailChimp, I use Wordpress for my blog and my posts automatically go out to anyone whom subscribes
to the blog. Hope this helps:)

message 6: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
I am over at Lili Lost in a Book.

I also review mostly YA books, but I also throw in Adult and MG books every once in a while (e.g. Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series and basically anything by Rick Riordan lol)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Liliana wrote: "I am over at Lili Lost in a Book.

I also review mostly YA books, but I also throw in Adult and MG books every once in a while (e.g. Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series and basically anythin..."

Following. Girl? I do not know why I have not followed you before?? BTW... I LOVE YOUR NAIL ART DESIGNS!!!!

message 8: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Lili, your nail art is incredible! And I agree with your blog post that Infinity War wreaked emotional havoc, especially in my family!

message 9: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Aw thanks you guys :) My blog has been a little quiet lately as I have been in a terrible reading/blogging slump D:

Heather, I thought I followed you too but apparently not?? Omg. I fixed that now lol.

And yes, Infinity War left me an emotional wreck.I can't believe that ending. Excuse me while I go and try not to cry again lol.

message 10: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

SHHHHH, I haven't seen it yet LOL

message 11: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Kayleigh, go see it. Bring tissues!

We actually went last weekend and saw it a second time to see what we missed in the first one. Even knowing what happened, I still cried!

message 12: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I actually never go see the Marvel movies in the theatres. My dad loved Marvel but hates cinemas so we wait for the dvd to release and then watch them together.

message 13: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I agree! Definitely have some tissues with you when you watch it! The first time I watched it I came out of the theater without one eyeliner wing lol. Learned from that on my second watch lol

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Liliana wrote: "I agree! Definitely have some tissues with you when you watch it! The first time I watched it I came out of the theater without one eyeliner wing lol. Learned from that on my second watch lol"

hahaha!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Ananya wrote: "I want to start a blog too, but I’m not sure how to go about it. Can you all give me some tips? Is blogger better or Wordpress? And have you all purchased your domains already?"

I started using Blogger but it just seemed so difficult to navigate my posts and get everything exactly the way I wanted. I use Wordpress and have not purchased a domain but use the free service. I have used them for 6 years. They have different themes that you can use, which I switch mine up all the time depending on my mood. It seems a little easier to navigate through.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I am going to make a book review blog we will see how this goes.. c:

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "I am going to make a book review blog we will see how this goes.. c:"

Let us know if you have any questions Sydni!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Will do I am doing word press!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "Will do I am doing word press!"

Wordpress is so easy to navigate...great choice!

message 21: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I personally prefer Blogger. I find it so easy to use. As someone who is not tech-savvy at all I love Blogger. When I was looking at buying a domain I tried wordpress and hated it.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I personally prefer Blogger. I find it so easy to use. As someone who is not tech-savvy at all I love Blogger. When I was looking at buying a domain I tried wordpress and hated it."

LOL! I WAS JUST THE OPPOSITE:)

message 23: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I don't know whether it's because I've been using Blogger for 7 years and I'm just used to it but I couldn't get away with Wordpress. I hated it. Everything I do on my blog currently wouldn't work. I'd have to edit each individual post for it to look right on a Wordpress blog. Every single blog post in 7 years?? I don't think so. I'd have had to change everything about my blog. After working hard for 7 years to make it what it is I wasn't willing to do it.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I started mine

message 25: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1590 comments I have a blog yes! You can follow me here, if you want to:
https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/

message 26: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Ananaya, absolutely not. I have a custom theme so can’t really comment there but I get lots of information on my page views and followers. I’m well over a million page views and get lots of stats about where my most views come from and everything.

I personally think that Wordpress and blogger are just as good as each other it’s just personal preference which one you like to use. I would highly recommend blogger I’ve never had any issue at all. I hated Wordpress but then there’s people who think the opposite. I don’t think one is better than the other it’s just what you think is easier to use. For me that’s blogger

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

My Blog!
If you guys have any suggestions please let me know

message 28: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Nice blog Sydni. I'm sad about your review of Catching Fire. That's actually my favourite of the Hunger Games series.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the first one but the second one was a drag for me :(

message 30: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

:( The second is my favourite of the three.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

My blog is all finished!

message 32: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski (catherine_bukowski) | 4 comments I review YA! I just started my blog back up so please come visit :) https://bookwonderlandweb.wordpress.com/

message 33: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski (catherine_bukowski) | 4 comments Jo wrote: "I have a blog yes! You can follow me here, if you want to:
https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/"

Great blog, just followed:)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I think that I have followed everyone’s blog! Your blogs are all so pretty!!

message 35: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Ananya wrote: "I just started my blog.
http://shelvingthis.wordpress.com
Let me know how it is, and if it requires any changes. Do you guys blog about anything else other than just book reviews?"

Oh definitely, Ananya! I do a Sunday Post where I talk about me week and showcase all the books I got in that week. Then on Mondays I do a post called 'It's Monday What Are You Reading?' where I share what I read during the week, what I'm currently reading, and what I'm going to read next. And my favorites are discussion posts! They are a lot of fun to do!

message 36: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Your blog is yours to write whatever you want. I stick to book hauls, book challenges and reviews etc. But if you wanted you could write things non-book related. It’s yours to write whatever you like.

message 37: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski (catherine_bukowski) | 4 comments I just posted something new on my blog! Please check it out and let me know what you think!

https://bookwonderlandweb.wordpress.com/

message 38: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Great post Catherine. There are a few on there I also haven't read. I absolutely loved A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab and Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber so I hope you enjoy them when you do read them.

message 39: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine Hey guys! I just created a book blog and I'm currently working on my first post!https://zaylaiasbookblog.wordpress.com

message 40: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine My first post is up, go check it out! You can click the link above to read it.

message 41: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Nice post Zaylaia.
Just so you know you can add books you're read before you joined goodreads to your read list. You don't have to re-read them. Just find the book and click read. It may ask for a date read but you can put something general.

Happy reading.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Zaylaia wrote: "My first post is up, go check it out! You can click the link above to read it."

looks good! Following:)

message 43: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine Thank you for following!

Here is my second post https://zaylaiasbookblog.wordpress.co...

I will be posting quite a bit over the next few days just to get my blog going.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Heather you aren’t following me and chole I will follow once I get on my laptop

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "Heather you aren’t following me and chole I will follow once I get on my laptop"

I'm following Sydni:)

message 46: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Bukowski (catherine_bukowski) | 4 comments I'd love if you guys could check out my new post :)

https://bookwonderlandweb.wordpress.c...

message 47: by Dove (new)

Dove Winters | 4 comments Hello, everyone! I'm Dove Winters and I host a blog called Quirky Questions Interviews. I do interviews of authors, writers, and illustrators, any kind of artist really! Everyone is welcome! Check it out here: https://dovewinters.wordpress.com/

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Dove wrote: "Hello, everyone! I'm Dove Winters and I host a blog called Quirky Questions Interviews. I do interviews of authors, writers, and illustrators, any kind of artist really! Everyone is welcome! Check ..."

following:)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I also wanted to throw out there that I use to do a feature on my blog called "blogger love" where I would showcase a different blog every month. The guest blogger would review a book of their choice and I would interview them and showcase them on the blog.

I have been wanting to bring it back, if anyone is interested on being showcased, please message me and we can arrange it.

Thanks!

message 50: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine I like that idea!

« previous 1