YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Archive > What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,798 (1798 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 35 36

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1952 comments Mod
Hi All,
What better way to start than to find out what you all are currently reading? I'm currently reading Tarnished City (The Dark Gifts Trilogy) by Vic James which is the second book in the Dark Gifts series by Vic James. I am loving this series right now and I cannot wait to see this author at the book con I'm going to in July.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I am currently reading Ascendancy (The Van Winkle Project, #2) by Karri Thompson . This is the second in a series. I love this series because the author is not afraid to push the boundary. I loved the first book and it frustrated me sooo much that I had to keep reading!

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Fitzgerald | 20 comments I am currently not reading 😛. I just recently finished A Wrinkle in Time. I read this book as a child and after seeing the movie with my daughter, I decided it was worth a reread. I thoroughly enjoyed the book again. I was a little surprised how dated the book is, of course, that’s date me as well. 😆However, I am completely in love with the movie adaptation! Retelling this story, bringing into modern times, was really well done, and I love the actors chosen for the roles. It is definitely going to be an addition to my overly abundant movie collection.
I am thinking about reading The Book Jumper next. I am also always open to suggestions from anyone.
Happy Reading!

-Karen

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Karen wrote: "I am currently not reading 😛. I just recently finished A Wrinkle in Time. I read this book as a child and after seeing the movie with my daughter, I decided it was worth a reread. I thoroughly enjo..."

Hi Karen!
I have never read or seen A Wrinkle In Time. I may have to check it out! Thanks for the suggestion!

message 5: by Nicki (new)

Nicki (ophia) | 13 comments Right now I’m reading Wonder by RJ Palacio. I’m about halfway done and love it. Good movie too.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I have only ever seen Wonder, the movie and it was so good! I can imagine that the book is better since it usually is.

message 7: by Meera (new)

Meera Nair (meeran) | 3 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Hi All,
What better way to start than to find out what you all are currently reading? I'm currently reading Tarnished City (The Dark Gifts Trilogy) by Vic James which is the second book in the Dark Gifts series by ..."

Oh wow! You're going for book con! I don't know if I'll ever be able to attend, but a girl can dream :D

message 8: by Meera (new)

Meera Nair (meeran) | 3 comments I'm currently reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, it's a YA contemporary that has to do with philosophy. Has anyone read it?

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Meera wrote: "I'm currently reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, it's a YA contemporary that has to do with philosophy. Has anyone read it?"
I have not read it but checked out the book's page and it sounds very interesting! Let us know how you like it!

message 10: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments I'm currently reading The Mage Destinies by Brett Galen. Full disclosure - I was a beta reader, and he is a relative. I'm not sure how he classifies it, but I see it as a YA Paranormal. I've had to take a break to work on my own writing, but once I finish it, I'll post a (mostly-unbiased) review. :-)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments J. Leigh wrote: "I'm currently reading The Mage Destinies by Brett Galen. Full disclosure - I was a beta reader, and he is a relative. I'm not sure how he classifies it, but I see it as a YA Paranormal. I've had to..."

The Mage Destinies Path of the Daydreamer by Brett Galen looks like a great book! I can't wait to see your review. What type of genre do you write?

message 12: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments I write YA, mostly the sappy, fun romance stuff I like to read. I'm currently working on a YA Fantasy series, but it won't be out until 2019.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments J. Leigh wrote: "I write YA, mostly the sappy, fun romance stuff I like to read. I'm currently working on a YA Fantasy series, but it won't be out until 2019."
Awesome! I like sappy romance every once in a while but LOVE Fantasy! PLEASE keep us updated for your Fantasy series!!! I would love to read them!

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4940 comments Mod
I finally started Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi which has been sitting on my shelf for years. It was time to either read it or get rid of it!

message 15: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Ooh Britt, I'll be curious to see what you think of Shatter Me. I enjoyed it.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m currently reading The Hunger Games

message 17: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Ooh Sydni, I loved The Hunger Games trilogy.

I'm about to start Clean by Juno Dawson

message 18: by Brittany (new)

Sydni, I enjoyed the hunger games a lot when I read it. Hope you do too.

Oh Kay! You will have to tell me how that one is. It sounds so good!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished it in two days

message 20: by Brittany (new)

So I finished Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi already. Was enjoyable enough! Not sure what I will start next.

message 21: by Brittany (new)

Decided to start Virals (Virals, #1) by Kathy Reichs which has also been on my shelf forever

message 22: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (gemmydoll) | 2 comments I’m currently reading Shadow of night by Deborah Harkness.

message 23: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Not sure how I feel about Clean by Juno Dawson so far. It's an interesting and very raw and real premise but I'm having trouble associating and sympathising with the main character so far. I will continue and we will see how I feel. I usually give books till about page 100. I'm on page 56 at the moment.

message 24: by Brittany (new)

How's Clean going Kay? Did it get better?

I finished Virals (Virals, #1) by Kathy Reichs it was good but those teens weren't teen-like child geniuses or not. I did enjoy the science explanations for the paranormal though.

message 25: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Much much better Britt. I just finished it and ended up really enjoying it. Once it got into the therapy etc the character was much more relatable. Fantastic book and such a meaningful storyline.

My fave quote from the book: “You seem quite adept at pain and hate. We have to teach you how to love. And you need to start with learning to love yourself.” I just think it’s for such a deep and meaningful message.

I ended up giving it 4 Stars just because of the slow start when I wasn’t sure about it. I highly recommend it.

message 26: by Brittany (new)

That's awesome to hear! That is wonderful message, and so true.

I'm currently reading something that isn't YA but is wonderful Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2) by Seanan McGuire

message 27: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
heather wrote: "I have only ever seen Wonder, the movie and it was so good! I can imagine that the book is better since it usually is."

Nicki wrote: "Right now I’m reading Wonder by RJ Palacio. I’m about halfway done and love it. Good movie too."

As a nurse, I actually take care of a little girl with the same condition as the main character (except she has a tracheostomy too) so I have been really curious about this book! I have heard nothing but good things about it and the movie!

message 28: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Brittany wrote: "I finally started Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi which has been sitting on my shelf for years. It was time to either read it or get rid of it!"

Oooh that's a good one! I remember loving it when I first read it! But, um, I still have not finished the series yet! And with another book out, I really need to catch up!

message 29: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Brittany wrote: "Decided to start Virals (Virals, #1) by Kathy Reichs which has also been on my shelf forever"

Oh I have this book too! Haven't read it yet, but I have it! Lol. I actually really loved the TV show Bones, so I am really curious about this book! I am very interested in the science-y stuff in this book!

message 30: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Right now on my currently-reading shelf: Beach House (Point Horror, #22) by R.L. Stine and Jillian Cade (Fake) Paranormal Investigator by Jen Klein . Umm, I actually haven't picked up either of these in a couple of days, not because I am not enjoying them but because I have been in a terrible reading slump for the last month or so! D:

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I just started The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1) by Lauren DeStefano , I am liking it so far. Has anyone read it?

I also had started Kiss Me, Kill You by Larissa C. Hardesty , but ended up DNF'ing it. It read too much like MG given the content and I was expecting something completely different.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "So I finished Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi already. Was enjoyable enough! Not sure what I will start next."

Can you believe that I had not yet read this series, I think that I have all three books too?

message 33: by Brittany (new)

@Heather Shatter Me was definitely worth reading. I think there is going to be 6 of them total or something?

@Liliana Virals was fun. If you enjoyed Bones try her adult series about Temperance Brennan which is what the TV show was very loosely based off of.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "@Heather Shatter Me was definitely worth reading. I think there is going to be 6 of them total or something?

@Liliana Virals was fun. If you enjoyed Bones try her adult series about Temperance Bre..."

oohh! I didn't realize there were that many books in the series?

message 35: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Heather, I haven't read The Glass Spare but it is on my shelf. I'll be interested to see what you think.

I'm just about to start The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments oooh, that sounds really good!

message 37: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I'm unsure so far. I'm on page 40 and I'm a bit bored. Hope it picks up soon.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m almost done with the language of the flowers

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "I’m almost done with the language of the flowers"

What will you be reading after?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Breaking Nova.

message 41: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

heather wrote: "Brittany wrote: "@Heather Shatter Me was definitely worth reading. I think there is going to be 6 of them total or something?

@Liliana Virals was fun. If you enjoyed Bones try her adult series abo..."

They're new releases Heather! It was originally a trilogy, but she has recently expanded it! Book 4 just came out in March!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m really not sure I’m doing this greys anatomy reading challenge so I might do that or I might just read breaking nova

message 43: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

So, I might be putting The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert down. I'm just not feeling it and I have some pre-orders that I'm super excited for arriving tomorrow.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "So, I might be putting The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert down. I'm just not feeling it and I have some pre-orders that I'm super excited for arriving tomorrow."

uhoh! You may never come back to it. That is what I do ALL THE TIME!!

message 45: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Books Life Other Oddities (hannahbloo) | 16 comments I really enjoyed The Hazel Wood but it is a little slow!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m reading breaking nova

message 47: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hannah wrote: "I really enjoyed The Hazel Wood but it is a little slow!"

Well I don't deal well with slow books. If I am not interested by page 100 I put it down. Plus, I hear there's no romance and I need romance!!!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I really enjoyed The Hazel Wood but it is a little slow!"

Well I don't deal well with slow books. If I am not interested by page 100 I put it down. Plus, I hear there's no romance a..."

I need some romance too Kay!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "I’m reading breaking nova"

Let me know how you like it? It looks really good!

message 50: by Angel (new)

Angel | 2 comments Glass Slipper Scandal by Tansy Rayner Roberts and FERTS by Grace Hudson to name a couple. I have so many on my currently reading list not the mention the ones on my kindle.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 35 36