YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Buddy/Series Reads > Series Readalongs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (last edited Jun 03, 2020 10:58AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Vote for our next series readalong here:

YA Addicted Book Club Series

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas

Anyone else want to buddy read this series??

message 3: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

ME!!!
I'm planning on a series re-read in preperation for the final book releasing in October. I don't know when you wanna do it but I'm hoping to have finished all these before the new one releases :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "ME!!!
I'm planning on a series re-read in preperation for the final book releasing in October. I don't know when you wanna do it but I'm hoping to have finished all these before the new one releas..."

Can we figure out how to do it by reading one per month up until the release of the final book?

message 5: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

There's not enough months left though. I really want to have caught up completely by October as it comes out the week before I'm off work and since the final book is going to be 1000 pages long I'd like to read it during that week.

The final book comes out 23rd October. How about 2 books in a month for the first month as the earlier books are shorter and then one a month?
So...
June - Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
July Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas
August Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas
September Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas
October Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas
October/November Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments That sounds awesome!
Throne of Glass- June 1-15
Crown of Midnight-June 15-30

Sound good? Can you create a thread in case anyone else would like to join us?

message 7: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Sounds good to me. Yes, I will create a thread when I finish work. I will also include it in a June Membership Message with what is going on in June :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Yay! Thanks Kay:)

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments Totally have my “go to” re-reads.....but would love to have someone else read them with me, to appreciate & share my enjoyment of these gems.

- VE Schwab
A darker shade of magic
A gathering of shadows
A conjuring of light

*obsessed....on my 4th re-read (I’ve read all her phenomenal books....one of my favorites)

- Patrick Weekes
The palace job
The prophecy con
The paladin caper

*found these treats on my kindle prime (audible)....I can’t tell you the exact # of re(listens) but it’s well beyond 20+.....not a book I’d thought I’d like, but audible, a phenomenal narrator & an epically hilarious alt history parody....I just can’t get enough.

message 10: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I adore VE Schwab too. I love that series. Unfortunately, I won't have time to re-read. Hopefully someone will jump in to read them with you :)

message 11: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2327 comments Mod
I've been reading/rereading Cassie Clare's Shadowhunter books. I've already read all of TID and I am hoping to finally start City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare next month. My plan is one book a month. I'm reading the series just for myself but if anyone want to join me, I'd be happy to have you! :)

message 12: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I would have joined you lili but I’m doing Throne of Glass and if I hope to get through my convention TBR I won’t be able to be doing 2 series re-reads at the same time.

message 13: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4910 comments Mod
When you get to City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare let me know Liliana. I stopped there years ago after hearing it was weaker than the rest and can never seem to pick it up. Hopefully someone else reading it will be enough to convince me to start it!

message 14: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I would have joined you lili but I’m doing Throne of Glass and if I hope to get through my convention TBR I won’t be able to be doing 2 series re-reads at the same time."

Don't worry about it Kay :)

Brittany wrote: "When you get to City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare let me know Liliana. I stopped there years ago after hearing it was weaker than the rest and can never seem to pick it up. Hopefully someon..."

I'll let you know! :)

message 15: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

As there is not a lot of interest in continuing the Leigh Bardugo series, I'd quite like to get a new series readalong going.
Any suggestions?

message 16: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments I've been reading The Diviners series over the last couple of months and really enjoying it. The final book is out in February, so now's a great time to start it!

message 17: by Renée (new)

Renée (reneetheunissen) | 93 comments Oh I had no idea that it is a series! I wanna start that one as well.

I just started Mistborn although that isn’t YA. I am planning to start reading Truthwitch soon, and Red Rising, or maybe the lotus war trilogy

message 18: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments Yeah it is! The audiobooks are amazing, the narrator January LaVoy is incredible, so if you guys do read them, definitely recommend the audio if you can get it.

message 19: by Brittany (new)

Mistborn is so fantastic hope you love it Renee!

I agree lets get another series read along started. I'd like to see one thats 3 or 4 books long instead of a huge series I think as we all seem to lose steam after awhile.

There's so many series I want to read but here are a few options I've though of.

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black I've wanted to read this forever and the library finally got copies!
The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine
The Falconer (The Falconer, #1) by Elizabeth May
Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake
Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1) by Laura Sebastian

Also I think you all should read Spelled as they are amusing as can be

I'd also be in to read Red Rising or The Diviners.

message 20: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Ooooh I second Antigoddess! I love Greek mythology! I'd also consider reading The Diviners.

message 21: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) | 258 comments Brittany, I also want to read The Cruel Prince series.
I just bought the first book.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ali Hmm. Whatdo u mean by bought?

message 23: by Brittany (new)

She means she now owns a copy of it so she could read it at any point.

message 24: by Grace (new)

Grace Johnson (gracecatherinejohnson) Would love to re-read the House of Night series! Just saw an announcement that it will be adapted into a TV series!

message 25: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I’ll pop a poll up for this at the weekend. Let’s people get some last minute nominations in there. I agree Britt I think a shorter series will be better.

message 26: by AJ (new)

AJ (prettygalsread) I’ve never read the Ash Princess. I’d be interested in reading that series!

message 27: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

My suggestions:
- Flame in the Mist Duology by Renee Ahdieh
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Villains Duology by VE Schwab

message 28: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Also Britt... The Falconer series is one of my all time favourites!!

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather (vampirecutie) | 1 comments House of night P.C. Cast love this Series

message 30: by chlo ❋ (new)

chlo ❋ (chloeardd) I’ve been wanting to read The Diviners for years and finally got a copy! I’ve heard nothing but good things.

message 31: by Brittany (new)

Poll is up! Go vote for which series we should read together. The hope is to start November 1st so the poll is only up until October 28th.

message 32: by Brittany (new)

Winner is The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black

I'll get a thread up and running for November 1st. Plan is one book a month.

message 33: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) | 258 comments Good!

message 34: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

So we are due to finish our Cruel Prince series readalong this month so it's time to suggest some new series that we can read together. Preferably short series (up to 4 books?) and then I will sort a poll out on the 20th of Jan.

message 35: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments How about the Stalking Jack The Ripper series? There's only four books in those and I've been enjoying them so far.

message 36: by Brittany (new)

Good plan Kay!
Ill suggest
Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake
Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade, #1) by Jennifer Estep

message 37: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) | 258 comments How bout the DC Icons series. There's only four books. I'm really enjoying them. They are really awesome. There's Wonder Woman, Batman, Catwoman and Superman. I've read two of the books and they're awesome. I would love to reread them.

message 38: by Renée (new)

Renée (reneetheunissen) | 93 comments Jo wrote: "How about the Stalking Jack The Ripper series? There's only four books in those and I've been enjoying them so far."

Ohh I loved that series! It was so good.

message 39: by Brittany (new)

Nice pick Sneha! And that would be a good push for me to try book 2 of the Ripper series Jo.

message 40: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments Renée wrote: "Jo wrote: "How about the Stalking Jack The Ripper series? There's only four books in those and I've been enjoying them so far."

Ohh I loved that series! It was so good."

I'm reading the third one right now, only just started though!

message 41: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

*gasp* I spy Jennifer Estep 😍 I will literally read/re-read anything by her. Lol. But I also have 3 to finish in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series. Here are my nominations (the first has 3 books, and the second has 4):

Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting

message 42: by Brittany (new)

I thought you would enjoy that suggestion Lili!

message 43: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Apologies for the lateness of this going up but the poll for our next series read along is up now.

message 44: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Our series readalong of Stalking Jack the Ripper will be coming to an end in May so it's time to suggest some new series. Please suggest series that are a maximum of 4 or 5 books so that we can get a few series in within the year. A poll will be going up on the 20th so get your nominations in before then.

message 45: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments It's kind of an old one, but it's one of my favourite series. It has 4 books (5 if you include the short story collection).
Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 46: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 726 comments I would so do Unwind!

Also older, and a bit obscure, but I'll nominate Pure (Pure, #1) by Julianna Baggott . It has three books, I read the first and remember loving it but never finished the series.

message 47: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (last edited May 02, 2020 04:21AM) (new)

Great nomination Jo.

I've been through my shelves and I have quite a lot of trilogies to read so I'm going to nominate two.

Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness

message 48: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments HeatherH wrote: "I would so do Unwind!

Also older, and a bit obscure, but I'll nominate Pure (Pure, #1) by Julianna Baggott. It has three books, I read the first and remember loving it but never finished the series."

I would love to have other people to talk to about that series, my friend tried the first book but it freaked her out too much! Also I loved the Pure trilogy :)

message 49: by HeatherH (new)

HeatherH (bkwrm85) | 726 comments Jo wrote: "HeatherH wrote: "I would so do Unwind!

Also older, and a bit obscure, but I'll nominate Pure (Pure, #1) by Julianna Baggott. It has three books, I read the first and remember loving it but never finished the..."

I thought it was so unique and fascinating! I need to reread it before I can move on with the other two since it has been so long. I also read the first 2 of Unwind and LOVED them but as usual for me, I fell off the wagon with them and now need to reread hah.

message 50: by Jo (new)

Jo Elliott | 1587 comments Ha ha we all have series like that!

« previous 1