YA Addicted Book Club discussion

General > Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 570 (570 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Hello everyone and welcome to our new book club!!! Please introduce yourself and get more acquainted with each other.

For myself, I am Heather, 42 yrs old and LOVE YA fiction! I enjoy all genres and run a book blog at NightlyReading

I have been a member of Goodreads since 2011 and have made lots of friendships along the way. I am so happy that you are here and I look forward to discussing our favorite...and maybe not so favorite books!!

message 2: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (last edited May 21, 2018 07:06AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Hi All,
My name is Kayleigh and I am a 27 year old Psychology teacher from England who is also a self-diagnosed book addict. I love all books as long as they are YA (some Adult ones are okay too, but mainly YA) and my favourite genre right now is YA Fantasy. I mean can you get anything better?

I also run a book blog over at K-Books

I am super excited about the new group and can't wait to talk about everything YA.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Hi All,
My name is Kayleigh and I am a 27 year old Psychology teacher from England who is also a self-diagnosed book addict. I love all books as long as they are YA (some Adult ones are okay too, b..."

Hi Kay!!

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Fitzgerald | 20 comments Hi everyone! I am Karen. I am 50 something 😜But feel like 30! I am married and have 6 kids! I love many different genres but YA is probably my Fav! I love to read always have. Ever since I was young, I have always had my nose in several books at once. I am so happy that I have passed down the joy of reading to my daughters! I look forward to chatting with you and sharing our mutual love of books!

message 5: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hi Karen
Welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy it. I'm looking forward to chatting about YA with you :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Karen wrote: "Hi everyone! I am Karen. I am 50 something 😜But feel like 30! I am married and have 6 kids! I love many different genres but YA is probably my Fav! I love to read always have. Ever since I was youn..."

Welcome Karen!

message 7: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Coburn | 1 comments I'm a middle aged male but think that YA is where it's at as far as reading goes. I usually head to that section first when I go to a bookstore or the library. I've read most of the Gone series, and recently bought Rule of 3.
I'm a fan of dystopian and apocalypse theme, and have written a pandemic novel (but it's not YA).
Looking forward to recommendations in this group.

message 8: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hi Bryan,
Welcome to the group. I love YA Dystopia too. I haven't read the series you've mentioned but I have read lots more dystopia novels/series :)

message 9: by Nicki (new)

Nicki (ophia) | 13 comments Hi everyone. My name is Nicki and I’m 33 years old. I’ve been a Goodreads member for years but not very active. I hope to change that with this group. I love to read anything but YA is my favorite. I hope to keep up with this group and read some great books.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Hi Nicki and welcome to the group!

message 11: by Meera (new)

Meera Nair (meeran) | 3 comments Heyy, I'm Meera. I'm from India and I have been a reader since childhood. In addition to trying to tackle all of the unread books on my bookshelves, I have a BookTube channel and a book blog called The Life Stories

Goodreads has been a blessing and I look forward to interacting with y'all about all things YA.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Meera wrote: "Heyy, I'm Meera. I'm from India and I have been a reader since childhood. In addition to trying to tackle all of the unread books on my bookshelves, I have a BookTube channel and a book blog called..."

Hi Meera! Welcome to the group! Your blog is beautiful and it looks like I follow you already:)

message 13: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Hello everyone! I'm Jen from Texas, and YA is by far my favorite genre, though I'll read almost anything. I admit that I'm more into the sappy, feel-good stuff than the heavy-hitting-people-dying plot lines.

I've loved reading all my life, and half of my bedroom was filled with bookshelves until I discovered the miracle of Kindle. Haha

I look forward to getting to know you and discovering more great stories!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments J. Leigh wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm Jen from Texas, and YA is by far my favorite genre, though I'll read almost anything. I admit that I'm more into the sappy, feel-good stuff than the heavy-hitting-people-dying p..."

Hi Jen and welcome! I love my kindle too but I still have a bedroom FILLED with books! Lol!

message 15: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Don't get me wrong, Heather. I STILL have the bedroom full of books. I just have a husband who doesn't complain anymore about me adding to my collection. LOL

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi all, my name is Sydni. I’m 17 and I love reading. By far my favorite is young adult either romance and fantasy. I’m very friendly and I just joined goodreads!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "Hi all, my name is Sydni. I’m 17 and I love reading. By far my favorite is young adult either romance and fantasy. I’m very friendly and I just joined goodreads!"
Hi Sydni, welcome to the group & welcome to Goodreads! I look forward to chatting about books with you!

message 18: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hi Sydni, welcome to Goodreads and the group. YA Fantasy is my all time favourite genre. What's your favourite fantasy series?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Favorite fantasy is Nightshade series

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sydni wrote: "Favorite fantasy is Nightshade series"

I have not read them yet but I do have the whole series. Maybe I should get on that?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I love that series by far my favorite

message 22: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Ooh I haven't read Nightshade series yet. Its a PNR about werewolves yes?
My fave fantasy is anything by Sarah J Maas.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes and I haven’t read that one Maas

message 24: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

We will be buddy reading her series starting next month if you're interested.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I have so many books I need to read maybe

message 26: by V.E. (new)

V.E. Ulett (veulett) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Eva from California, an avid reader and book lover. I love reading so much that I started writing (pen name V.E. Ulett), but soon found the pleasures of reading are very different from the hard work of writing! I look forward to sharing books and book recommendations with this group.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Hi Eva! Welcome to the group! Looking forward to chatting with you!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Eva!

message 29: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Welcome to the group Eva. Very happy to have you here :)

message 30: by chelsea (new)

chelsea Hi All! I'm Chelsea and am currently in high school. I love YA and will read just about anything!

message 31: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hi Chelsea,
Welcome to the group. It's great to have you here :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Welcome to the group Chelsea!

message 33: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4910 comments Mod
I'm Brittany, a Cardiology Technologist from Canada and a huge lover of books of all genres. Love learning about more books and hearing peoples opinions. I will always have a special place for young adult novels although I read a lot of adult these days as well.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Welcome Brittany!

message 35: by Vesper (new)

Vesper Vesper (vesperdreams) | 8 comments Hello, everyone!

I'm Vesper. I'm 26 years old and looking to become a vet tech. I'm a freelance editor on the side, just for extra income and to continue doing what I love. I started off reading strictly YA, but have expanded my horizons (though I'm still mostly YA). I indulge heavily in Fantasy and prefer stories with bada** female protagonists and amazing worlds.

I used to be a part of groups, but I never really participated. I'm looking to change that, so I look forward to talking to you guys and sharing books!

I run a book and gaming blog at Vesper Dreams

message 36: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Welcome to the group Britt and Vesper. :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Welcome Vesper!

message 38: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Hi everyone! I am Liliana (Lili is fine, too ;)) and I am a 26 year old nurse. I have been on GR 2010 and I also run a blog: Lili Lost in a Book. Kayleigh (Hi Kay!) was actually one of the people to convince me of starting a blog way back when, and I have never looked back! I just love books and talking about books! I particularly love paranormal YA books, but every once in a while I'll read an adult or MG book too.

I really look forward to chatting with everyone in the group! :D

message 39: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hi Lili,
So so glad you’re joining us in this group :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Liliana wrote: "Hi everyone! I am Liliana (Lili is fine, too ;)) and I am a 26 year old nurse. I have been on GR 2010 and I also run a blog: Lili Lost in a Book. Kayleigh (Hi Kay!) was actually one of the people t..."
Hi Lili! Welcome!!!!!!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Bryan wrote: "I'm a middle aged male but think that YA is where it's at as far as reading goes. I usually head to that section first when I go to a bookstore or the library. I've read most of the Gone series, an..."

Hi Bryan and welcome to the group! I LOVE post apocalypse stories! They are actually my favorites! Especially if they include zombies. I have been obsessed since I was a kid.

message 42: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Books Life Other Oddities (hannahbloo) | 16 comments Hi! I'm Hannah and have a book blog: Books, Life & Other Oddities. I only discovered GR groups the other day (from a blog post) so excuse my newness! I'm at uni and I mostly like YA! I also read the odd MG and adult, similar to Lili :P

message 43: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hi Hannah,
Welcome to the group. Happy to have you here :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Hannah wrote: "Hi! I'm Hannah and have a book blog: Books, Life & Other Oddities. I only discovered GR groups the other day (from a blog post) so excuse my newness! I'm at uni and I mostly like YA! I also read th..."

Hi Hannah and welcome!!!

message 45: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Welcome Hannah! 😁 I look forward to talking about books with you! I'll also check out your blog once I get home from work! ☺️

message 46: by Faith (last edited Jun 08, 2018 06:46AM) (new)

Faith Felice Hello Everyone!
I am new here and only recently this year found Goodreads. Yes I lived in a cave for the last 49 years! JK

My name is Faith. I am 50 years old. I am a special education teacher, grandmother, mom, wife and overall NERD! I embrace my geekdom.

I love YA and Fiction and putting those together is even better!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Faith wrote: "Hello Everyone!
I am new here and only recently this year found Goodreads. Yes I lived in a cave for the last 49 years! JK

My name is Faith. I am 50 years old. I am a special education teacher, gr..."

Hi Faith! Welcome to the club!

message 48: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Welcome Faith! You’ve come to the right place! Lol

message 49: by Taneshia (new)

Taneshia Wilson | 1 comments Hello,
I'm Taneshia Jayne Wilson.
I'm from NSW Australia & I have two children, my son is 9 tomorrow and my daughter is 2 in August.
I'm an author of two novels and have 3 in the works. When I'm not writing, I'm reading!
YA (even if it's for young adults) is what I love. Give me fiction, fantasy and a good teenage romance and I'm in heaven :)

I don't mind a little horror/ dark fantasy too.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I read every review that I come across on my Goodreads feed and love to drop into book discussions.
<3 thanks for having me

message 50: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Taneshia wrote: "Hello,
I'm Taneshia Jayne Wilson.
I'm from NSW Australia & I have two children, my son is 9 tomorrow and my daughter is 2 in August.
I'm an author of two novels and have 3 in the works. When I'm..."

Welcome Taneshia!! And happy early birthday to your little one! :) We're glad to have you!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12