What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

King of the Cloud Forests
This topic is about King of the Cloud Forests
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Adventure about a teenage boy who must escape an upcoming war in northern Asia in disguise to a safe zone. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (ryancan564) | 109 comments I only read a small portion of this book, so here's what I remember. A teenage boy, who is the son of missionaries, lives somewhere in northern Asia (I think either Tibet or Mongolia) finds out his hometown is now the center of a war. His parents sends him off with a trusted servant, told to be called "Uncle", to escape to another village far away from the violence. To avoid suspicions, Uncle dyes the boy's hair black and told him to never talk and pretend to be mute. I had this at least 7 years ago, so my memory is still blurred about the rest of the plot.

The cover is hand illustrated, it shows the protagonist with his Uncle in a snow-covered mountain. They are dressed in thick coats & gloves, mountain boots, Uncle has a fur hat on, and the boy is pointing at something. I think it may also have a Newbery Award or Scott 'O Dell award stamped on it too.

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (ryancan564) | 109 comments Yes that is the one! After reading the book summary, it definitely fits with what I recalled. Thank you Ayshe!