What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance, I think it takes place in the American old west. The beginning involved a rape and murder

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kryscole (new)

Kryscole | 5 comments I can only remember the first part and some synopsis. It's a romance novel. It has two sisters in it and I think their father and stepmother had just got killed, the younger sister was raped by a group of men at the event of the murders and the older sister was there also but she hid and felt guilty because she couldn't do anything. The sister got pregnant (not really sure) as result of this rape and stopped speaking after she was raped, I think this was the prologue. I think the older sister was working as a teacher before she accpeted a post to work else where. I think the older sister then got a housekeeping job on a ranch. The younger sister fell in love with the H younger brother. The older sister with the older brother. She was hired as a housekeeper by the ailing father. Thats most of what i remembered. It think it took placed in the 20th or 19th century, In America

message 2: by Kryscole (new)

Kryscole | 5 comments I've been looking for this for years, I can't remember the name

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Deleting your duplicate request from 2016. Please only post your query once, and bookmark it so you don't lose it - multiple threads for the same book get too confusing.

In that thread you said you had read it about 8 years prior.

message 4: by Kryscole (new)

Kryscole | 5 comments Yes I read in about 2008/2009 but it's an old book probably published before 2000 been looking for it since 2013 but I have up eventually, just thought I'll start searching again.

message 6: by Kryscole (new)

Kryscole | 5 comments I think so Ayshe I'm going to check it out. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I've been looking for this book for centuries lol, read it when I was too young to be reading these books and lost the book.

message 7: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 565 comments Ayshe wrote: "Glorious Dawn by Dorothy Garlock maybe?"

I agree with Ayshe. You are describing Glorious Dawn by Dorothy Garlock. I've just read it and all of the details you are describing are in it!

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36574 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview for Glorious Dawn by Dorothy Garlock - https://books.google.com/books?id=PDx... There are different cover images.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40644 comments Mod
Kryscole, was "Glorious Dawn" your book or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Glorious Dawn (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dorothy Garlock (other topics)