Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading May 21?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2122 comments Mod
I'm finishing up True Blue and Blue Print by RJ Jones. Then I'll be starting on Brash by Eva Leon.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I'm reading and enjoying The Wedding Date. I think it was a puzzler a little while back?

I just finished my ARC of Speakeasy by Sarina Bowen and I loved it.

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm reading and enjoying The Wedding Date. I think it was a puzzler a little while back?

I just finished my ARC of Speakeasy by Sarina Bowen and I loved it."

Yay! Glad you're liking The Wedding Date, Stacey. But also JEALOUS of that Sarina Bowen ARC ;)

I stayed up past my bedtime finishing Madeleine Hunter's A Devil of a Duke which I enjoyed.

Not sure what's next.

message 4: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I started reading the Lady Darby books which I’m enjoying. I’m on book 2 now. But I’m excited because the new Lauren Layne comes out tomorrow.

message 5: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Any Samantha Young fans out there? I stumbled on a new series of hers I didn't know about - Hart's Boardwalk. Book #1 - The One Real Thing and Book #2 - Every Little Thing. I really enjoyed them. They were different than her On Dublin Street books. Can't put my finger on just how but they seemed more Contemporary than New Adult. Now I really want to know what happens to a couple of the secondary characters but she doesn't have anything about another release on her website. I hope she is going to continue with this series. It's really good.

Count me in as another jealous reader regarding SPEAKEASY, Stacey. I just finished up a re-read of US and GOODBOY by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. I should probably go back and do a re-read of SB's True North series instead. LOL

I think I'm going to do a Hellcat Canyon re-read in prep for next Tuesday!

message 6: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm rereading It Started in June by Susan Kietzman before writing my review. I've decided that I need to be very wary about older woman-younger man stories. In this one, the heroine is 42, and the hero is 30. They have sex in her car one night, she ends up pregnant, and against all advice, she decides to have the child--even though her refusal to have children ended her first marriage. The guy seems really immature for thirty to me. I hated the ending, which came too abruptly and left me still not believing in this couple.

message 7: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
Janga wrote: "I'm rereading It Started in June by Susan Kietzman before writing my review. I've decided that I need to be very wary about older woman-younger man stories. In this one, the heroine is 42, and the ..."

What a bummer, Janga. It sounds like this couple has more problems than the age difference, too.

message 8: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Manda wrote: "Janga wrote: "I'm rereading It Started in June by Susan Kietzman before writing my review. I've decided that I need to be very wary about older woman-younger man stories. In this one, the heroine i..."

Manda, once I remembered some other older woman-younger man romances that I had enjoyed, I decided it was a maturity issue rather than an age issue with this one. Cam Early in Pam Morsi's Red's Hot Honky-Tonk Bar is about this guy's age, and I had no problems with Morsi's pairing him with Red Cullen, who is forty-six. In fact, that book is an all-time favorite. And there's Judith Ivory's Sleeping Beauty, Susan Wiggs's Snowfall at Willow Lake, Cheryl Reavis's The Older Woman--all favorites.

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Janga, I do not envy you. If I don't believe in their HEA, there's a good chance I won't like the story.

I loved Penny Reid's Love Hacked which had an older heroine, younger hero. I agree with you Janga, the maturity of the hero is the determining factor of whether I'll believe in their HEA.

message 10: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2102 comments Mod
I read Lois McMaster Bujold’s new short story. It’s always good to catch up with Miles and Ekaterin but it wasn’t one of her best.
Doing a lot of rereading.

message 11: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1207 comments I just listened to a podcast on the Autumn Bride by Anne Gracie which reminded me how much I liked that series! so I am thinking I need to re-read is needed!