Hasting Dedicates to POIROT discussion

New Poirot Movies. Anyone up for a discussion?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments The last four of the canon are being released in July - Aug. 2014. Mods and members, would you be up for a discussion here? If so, I have at least two more fans who would discuss. Let me know if that's doable. Thanks.

message 2: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee Willis (ashleewillis) I'd be up for it after I see the episodes! Where will they be available, do you know?

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Hi Ashlee, They're currently airing on pbs, Masterpiece every Sunday eve. There are repeats on the episodes as well. Not sure which episode is running this coming Sunday. Anyone know? Or one can check local listings.

message 4: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 9 comments There will only be two Poirots on PBS: this past week's The Big Four and this Sunday's Dead Man's Folly. There are three more: Elephants Can Remember, Labors of Hercules and Curtain. They will not be aired, at least not on PBS in the near future. You will need to subscribe to Acorn to see them, or purchase the DVDs.

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Thanks for the update, pghfan. I found my username/password for the other place but have to make time to get over there. Job hunting, interviewing, ugh. Thanks for posting here, though. I appreciate it.

Hanging in.

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments pghfan, will you view on Acorn, rent or buy the DVD's? Short shrift not to air them on pbs. We fans have stuck by for a couple decades now and for them to leave us in this lurch just as the Grand Finale is to take place? Too sad, not fair IMHO.

message 7: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 9 comments I'll probably buy them, as much as I'd hate to send them money. I have all of the others, so it wouldn't be right not to have the whole set. I guess they won't be available here for a few week yet, though.

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Pghfan, I might buy that set. How's the old gang doing? Do you think they might stay with it or fade after Poirot ends? Three are a few Marples to release so maybe they'll be on for that. My thing is getting with the remaining old group only to see it fade again. Sounds stupid but it saddens me when it all fades again for the old gang was like family. Oh well, I'll get over it. lol

message 9: by Ashlee (last edited Aug 05, 2014 08:20PM) (new)

Ashlee Willis (ashleewillis) Will the Marples release on PBS as well, do you know? I love those too ... although not as much as Poirot :)

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Hi Ashlee. It seems so as they ran a teaser for one at end of Dead Man's Folly. I didn't catch the date though. BTW, did you catch Folly?

message 11: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee Willis (ashleewillis) No!! I saw your post just last night and realized I had missed it :( So disappointed!! We usually get them through Netflix, but I imagine if these are new it may be a while before Netflix has them available ... I'll have to find out when the next Marple is playing, though. Is there a Marple discussion anywhere?

message 12: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 9 comments I think there will be a few Marples coming up on PBS, though not for several weeks. Keep a look out.

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Thanks, Ashlee. Pghfan. Perhaps there will be a re-airing of the new Poirots. We'll have to check listings.

message 14: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 9 comments There are three Marples coming to the US on PBS in September. Greenshaw's Folly, A Caribbean Mystery and Endless Night. Starting mid-September; there are three episodes listed, but only two dates, per Masterpiece web page. Not sure how that is going to work. Meanwhile, we have pledge time yet again.

message 15: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee Willis (ashleewillis) Oh you're right...they might air them twice! Definitely going to check on that!

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Thanks for the 411, pghfan. Looking forward to the Marples!

pghfan, off yet on topic...Kindle or Nook? Nook or Kindle? I Your O, why?

Not that I'm getting one tomorrow but they've been calling me. lol I need one where I (if option exists) where I can access/download notes from my main computer to my reader. I'd be reading books, articles on it as well so-- Anyway, any guidance would be helpful.

message 17: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 9 comments I have a fairly old Kindle, but I only use it for reading and do not connect it to another computer. I got it largely to cut down on the storage space having so many books take up! It has wi-fi, so I can download things without going to my computer or other internet.

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Sounds good, Pghfan. And then with updates, bells-whistles, I'm sure they're improving all the time and perhaps coming down in price.

Last month B&N had a $20. off coupon on one of their devices. Guess it lit in the dark. Ideal for reading before dropping off to sleep or in darkened coffee houses.

Well, no hurry, I'll look into both. May put it on Christmas list.

Thanks for the feedback. Have a great weekend. Oh, check out Vicious on pbs...believe it's Sun. Too funny. A little more rude than I like my comedy but still fun.

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Pghfan, P.S. - Heard from Jh1. She had another set back but is on the mend. May be joining us again in not too distant future.

message 20: by Mark Pghfan (new)

Mark Pghfan | 9 comments Good news about JH1. Thanks for the update.

message 21: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 19 comments Hopefully autumn finds us with a great new mystery to discuss. Meanwhile, I'm reading a big biog on Queen Victory and son, King Edward. Royal Spyness mystery kinda seg'd into wanting to learn more back story. lol And of course, pbs has the fundraising which also has some good material but not mysteries.