Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Onyx (Lux, #2)
This topic is about Onyx
Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Armentrout, Jennifer L--Onyx informal buddy read starts May 24, 2018

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31637 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Synopsis
eing connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Looking forward to this read. I read the first book in the series last year - recommended through one of my challenges.

Teri | 678 comments I read the first...3? some years back, but it's one of those that I always said I would reread and then finish!!! Super excited!!

Teri | 678 comments I started the first few pages because work tomorrow is going to be long. I had forgotten so much but it's coming back to me. I like Katy.

Teri | 678 comments Chapter 4-how’s it going for you so far?

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments I'll be starting tomorrow - I got too far behind on other books!

Teri | 678 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "I'll be starting tomorrow - I got too far behind on other books!"

okay! I'm going out for dinner so I won't get much more in tonight-can't wait for your thoughts!!

message 10: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments I'm on Chapter 10, but going to stop here for now. I had forgotten so much!

message 11: by Jammin Jenny (last edited May 27, 2018 11:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Okay - I'll start today and let you know where I get to - I have 2 other books I have to read today for challenges ending today, then I'll jump on this

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments I'm starting in about 20 minutes and will be reading through Chapter 12. I'll post my thoughts when I'm done so we can discuss the first part of the book. I plan to read 12 chapters a day and we'll be done in three days.

message 13: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "I'm starting in about 20 minutes and will be reading through Chapter 12. I'll post my thoughts when I'm done so we can discuss the first part of the book. I plan to read 12 chapters a day and we'll..."

Sounds great-i'll get through chapter 12 then, I won't be able to read tomorrow til I get off work, though, so maybe I will go a bit further this evening. I find myself wishing I had reread Obsidian first, I have forgotten a lot..

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Okay my first thoughts on the first few chapters

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "Okay my first thoughts on the first few chapters

Is the new boy in class an alien? I think so..

Why was Kat so sick and what was the mark on her arm? Is she pregnant? Did the aliens inject some..."

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Chapter 10 spoiler...

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Through chapter 13, I may stop here, or pick it up a little while later this evening. My thoughts

(view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Teri wrote: "Chapter 10 spoiler...

[spoilers removed]"

Right - what an A-hole. (view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Teri wrote: "Through chapter 13, I may stop here, or pick it up a little while later this evening. My thoughts

[spoilers removed]"

That's exactly what I think about Blake too!! I guess we'll see. I read through Chapter 12 today. If I get done my two books I need to read again for challenges, I'll pick it up again. It's so hard to put down once you start reading.

message 20: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "Teri wrote: "Through chapter 13, I may stop here, or pick it up a little while later this evening. My thoughts

[spoilers removed]"

That's exactly what I think about Blake too!! I guess we'll see...."

Yeah and it moves pretty quickly. If I get any more in tonight, I’ll post, but it might be arter work tomorrow

message 21: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments To Chapter 17

(view spoiler)
I'm going to bed, will catch up tomorrow!

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments To Chapter 23

(view spoiler)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Teri wrote: "To Chapter 17

[spoilers removed]
I'm going to bed, will catch up tomorrow!"

I'm with you on Blake!

message 24: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments chapter 20

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments lololol
i just saw the buffy reference--i LOVED that movie, it was the first thing I thought of

message 26: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Finished chapter 25

(view spoiler)

message 27: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Okay, i actually finished because I could not stop.

(view spoiler)

Are you going to read the next one? I feel like I have to read the next one.

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Of course I am. I love this series!

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments I finished the book and I loved it!

(view spoiler)

message 30: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "I finished the book and I loved it!

[spoilers removed]"

Yes! I know! (view spoiler)

If you wanna br the next let me know-i definitely need to finish this series. Have you read any of her other ones? I love her!!!

message 31: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Jun 01, 2018 04:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments No this was my first introduction to her books. She is really good.

And yes I'm up to br the next one in the series. sometime after the 16th of june?

message 32: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "No this was my first introduction to her books. She is really good.

And yes I'm up to br the next one in the series. sometime after the 16th of june?"

yes! i have 2 brs on the 15th, but I can work this in whenever!

message 33: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Her Covenant series is really good! Half-Blood and then there's a spin off which i LOVE--the Titan series The Return--I still have to read the last two of that series

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4149 comments Okay I ordered the last 2 books in the Lux series in the library. When I get them I"ll post in the main thread to set up buddy reads for both books.

message 35: by Teri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri | 678 comments Jammin Jenny wrote: "Okay I ordered the last 2 books in the Lux series in the library. When I get them I"ll post in the main thread to set up buddy reads for both books."

Great!!

message 36: by Ora (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ora (oeamis) I'm listening to this. I have read this series a couple of times. I didn't have very pleasant thoughts about Blake after finding out who/what he is. The second time I read it, I kind of felt sorry for him because he was backed in the corner with the DOD and was forced to do. It shows that he at least can put someone's safety above himself, however I really hate what he did and not ask for help so everyone would get what they wanted.