Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > My daughter's first Goodreads review

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments My daughter sees me on Goodreads a bit and wants to share her books and reviews too. So I set her up an account.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 2: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3682 comments That's so cool :) Love young people reading, reflecting, and sharing with others.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8421 comments So great! I left her a note-bet she is a great kid!

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7465 comments I liked it--kudos to her as none of my kids were so keen on writing book reviews at 8, although my girls read many (my son, not as much).

message 5: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6856 comments So sweet. I loved it.

message 6: by Cynda (new)

Cynda  (cynda) Thanks for letting us support your daughter--and for being a small part of.

message 7: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2667 comments Seriously cool!

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments How wonderful!

message 9: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1612 comments That's great!

message 10: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2316 comments Super cute!

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9343 comments I left her a note too! I was going to start a thread as well, for my kids reviews and I had one from each of them, including the eight-year-old. But I’ve been busy of late. Maybe you’ve inspired me to get back to it somewhere in summer. Now I’m reading catcher in the rye with a 15-year-old.

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6391 comments I think it's wonderful that your daughter is eager to write reviews. Good job, Dad, fostering that love of reading (and writing) in her.

However ...

Please note that Goodreads is required by federal law to limit memberships to those who are age 13 and older.

Best to have an exclusive shelf on YOUR profile for your younger children, where you can keep their reviews /notes until they are old enough to have their own profiles.

Once the site is aware of the person's age they WILL delete the profile and all material on it. Again, this is a federal regulation.

See: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

message 13: by Cynda (last edited May 22, 2018 12:05AM) (new)

Cynda  (cynda) Time will pass all too soon. Hope to see Georgia when she is a teenager. Best of Luck to you and Georgia and the rest of your family :-)