Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Sherri Fulmer Moorer
This topic is about Sherri Fulmer Moorer
Authors > Need 2-3 Beta Readers for a Short Scifi Novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherri (last edited May 22, 2018 04:33PM) (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) | 14 comments Greetings! I'm looking for beta readers for two short sci-fi novellas that place in the same universe as The Earthside Trilogy, but are written as a stand-alone novel that takes place in another place during the trilogy.

Trigger - The afterlife isn’t what Ayanna Gracern expected. She was working on advanced nanotechnology at her university job when a blast outside of her office building transports her to a utopian world, where her new job is to integrate advanced nanotech into the new world. There’s just one problem: Heaven shouldn’t need nanotech, and the more she finds, the more she sees that this Heaven may be a lie. When the settlement falls apart, Ayanna finds that things aren’t what they seem, and she wonders what on Earth brought her here. Trigger is a short novel of 43,000 words.

The Tenth Dimension – It’s been 200 years since humanity discovered nanotechnology and two alien races in The Earthside Trilogy, and Willow Lanier has been banished from Earth. The nanotech virus she and her boyfriend launched on earth ended in three million causalities. She’s sentenced to Kupiter Station II to explore DNA Scissoring techniques to take the place of the very nanotech that she tried to take down, along with a scientific contingency and nine other prisoners involved in her plot. The catch: another part of her sentence is to be one of the first test subjects of the DNA Scissoring technique, and it’s left her with images of alternate realities. When her team discovers a spatial anomaly on the outer reaches of the solar system, they wonder if the visions of other dimensions are dissociative amnesia caused by the procedure, or whether they’re really having glimpses of alternate realities. The Tenth Dimension is a short novel of 44,000 words.

Both of these novels take place in the same universe as my recent trilogy titled The Earthside Trilogy (Trigger takes place in 2099, and The Tenth Dimension takes place in 2300), but they’re written as stand-alone novels. Any references to the trilogy are explained in the context of each novel.

PM me here if you're interested in reviewing either (or both) of these novels with your email address, and I'll be glad to send you a the document in Word or PDF format. My last proofreader got prohibitively expensive on my limited budget, so I'm looking for options. I'll be glad to trade beta reads with you now or in the future, if you wish.

Thanks!

message 2: by Tito (new)

Tito Athano (bobspringett) | 69 comments Sherri wrote: "Greetings! I'm looking for beta readers for two short sci-fi novellas that place in the same universe as The Earthside Trilogy, but are written as a stand-alone novel that takes pla..."

Hi Sherri,

I'd be very interested in either of these stories (or both?). I'm an engineer by training, so I prefer the 'hard' sci-fi (by which I mean that technology credible has to be scientifically credible), so I welcome your warning.

My beta style prefers Word with marginal notes, but PDF is fine if you want it that way. I will also note spellos or grammar on the way through if I spot it, but my main focus will be on plot and character.

bspringett@ iprimus.com.au

message 3: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) | 14 comments Thank you! Will be glad to send those to you in Word.

message 4: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Moorer (sherrithewriter) | 14 comments Is anybody else interested in beta reading one or both of these? I also put a call out on a Facebook beta reader group and got another reader for Trigger, but I could use 1-2 more, especially for The Tenth Dimension. I’m not publishing these until 2019-2020, so it’s not a rush to do it. I’ll be glad to trade beta reads with you now or in the future.