What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Young Adult, Early 2000's, almost Animorphs

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William | 4 comments I'm trying to remember this book that I read when I was in school, my mom found it at a Wal-Mart and got it for me... from what I can remember it was from the late 90's or early 2000's. It seemed like a series, but I only read one of the books.

It featured a group of kids that could each turn into a specific monster/animal combination. I know that there was some sort of leader, his name was Riley and he looked like a tiger/lizard thing. The specific book that I read had them going on a scavenger hunt of artifacts against many others (one of which was some sort of yellow glob monster, I think described as snot).

At one point in the book (SLIGHT SPOILER) some sort of ritual is performed and they all get more powerful things they can transform into.

I've tried googling details, but to no avail. I hope I can get some help, thanks!

message 2: by William (new)

William | 4 comments Oh, the cover of one particular book as Riley jumping (almost towards the reader), he was a dark green, with grey-green stripes... pointy ears, looked like a lizard-chupacabra combo.

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments Was this solved?

message 4: by William (new)

William | 4 comments Nope, not that I know of...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Sophie is wondering why the book "A Holiday to Remember" is linked to in the header. Can we remove that, then?

message 6: by William (last edited Aug 05, 2014 05:22PM) (new)

William | 4 comments Fixed, no idea why it was linked to that...

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Dec 06, 2014 03:32PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Are you looking for the same book as this person? (The solution to that thread is the Mindwarp series by Chris Archer.)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

https://www.goodreads.com/series/6101...