What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > English Classic Romance about a girl who pretends to be someone else

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Plus (new)

Plus Minus (plusandminus) I can't remember where it is that I've read this book. Characters were just like those of Pride and Prejudice, so the setting is XVIII-XIX century, England. It's about this poor girl who might be sought after by authorities, and ends up at this Manor owned by this noble family, and the son falls in love with her. Problem is, he was supposed to marry some other girl from another family whom he's related to, and since the girl poor girl couldn't fit his parents standard and might also be searched for ( can t remember), he first hides her and then I believe he gets help from this servant woman and they disguise the poor girl and she ends up pretending she's his cousin, so they can spend time together. The girl really had something for the father's garden, I remember this strong, strong love she bared for the outsides of the Manor. I can't remember the title, ugh!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Andrei, as you saw in the popup box when you posted your comment, please tell us around what year you read the book. This makes your query a lot easier to solve.

Also when you think it might have been published is very helpful. Does "classic" in your header mean written in the 19th century, for example?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Plus left the group. Moving to Abandoned.