What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Magical Drawings of Moony B. Finch
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book about boy who draws things that come to life. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laree (new)

Laree | 4 comments Hi,

I am looking for a book that my mother read to me in the 80's... earlier 80's, though the book may have been written earlier. The story is about a boy whose drawings come to life, leaping off of the paper. People walking by the park bench upon the boy is sitting begin to notice this. One by one, the boy is making drawing for the various people that ask him for a picture.

Spoiler Alert...

The people that gather around the boy end up surrounding him, having become greedy, and making demands of him. The boy responds by drawing a fearsome dragon... which sends the people running in terror. The dragon turns on his creator... who luckily, has an eraser that takes care of the dragon... he erases the dragon, little by little. After the dragon is completely gone, he seems to have a change of heart. He then makes a smaller version of the dragon, which he then takes home as a pet.

Thanks in advance. :)

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments The Magical Drawings of Moony B. Finch by David McPhail?

This is from the Kirkus review:
Little Moony has always loved to draw, but one day on the park bench his drawings start coming to life. For a while Moony obliges the adults who crowd round ordering pictures of treasure chests and limousines, but it clearly can't go on--so Moony finds a way to erase the gifts, then hastily sketches a dragon to scare away the greedy crowds.

message 3: by Laree (new)

Laree | 4 comments Ayshe wrote: "The Magical Drawings of Moony B. Finch by David McPhail?

This is from the Kirkus review:
Little Moony has always loved to draw, but one day on the park bench his dr..."

Yes, thank you for your help with this one! I appreciate it. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Magical Drawings of Moony B. Finch (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David McPhail (other topics)