Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Celeste Bradley
This topic is about Celeste Bradley
2018 Challenge Archive > FAC: Celeste Bradley (June 2018)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8263 comments June - Celeste Bradley

Celeste Bradley is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of historical romance. Prior to giving writing a try, Celeste was a professional artist. Believing that storytelling is just as much of an art form, she applies those skills to writing. She refers to her style of writing as “Brain Chocolate”...fun and sexy escapism for hardworking women everywhere. She says the best thing about writing is that she finally gets to use the brain full of trivia she's collected over a lifetime of living in eight states, residing in over twenty homes, and changing her major five times.

Celeste's first novel, Fallen, was published in 2001 and was nominated for a RITA award in 2002. She has since published more than 20 novels and received multiple awards, including a second RITA nomination and Historical Storyteller of the Year from Romantic Times Book Reviews.

Mother of two adult daughters, Southern-born Celeste lives in the Southwest. Her hobbies include gardening, jewelry making and collage.

Celeste Bradley's GR page is here: Celeste Bradley

Challenge Task: Read one book written by our featured author, Celeste Bradley.
Challenge Duration: The whole month of June.

To sign up:
Post your interest and the book you are planning to read.

You must also signify if you are:
A - I'm a big fan! I'm excited to read another of her books.
B - Familiar with her work, and wouldn't mind reading her again.
C - Totally new to this author. Will see how I like it.
D - Didn't like the last one I've read, but willing to give it another chance.

To complete:
Post the date when you've completed your book.

You must also say if, after reading:
A - would definitely look at her other books, since I've enjoyed this one very much.
B - could take it or leave it. Was not an unpleasant experience but I'm not burning rubber to get to her other books.
C - Oh well, I tried. Definitely not my cup of tea.

A little review of the book read is welcomed but not required.

message 2: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8263 comments **

message 3: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8263 comments **

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23476 comments I'm in - I'm probably a low A. I read one of her books 8 or 9 years ago and enjoyed it, so much I finished the trilogy. But I never picked up another book by her. Now I know I prefer historical romance in audio and am glad to see several of her books available in the audible romance package! And with good narrators too! Including the trilogy I enjoyed before. =)

So I will be rereading, but listening to for the first time, Desperately Seeking a Duke in June.

message 5: by Monika (last edited Jun 02, 2018 02:46AM) (new)

Monika | 4 comments Hi, I am interested in doing this challenge. Even though I am a definite C, I am excited to read a book by this author. The book I am going to read is: To Wed a Scandalous Spy.

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23476 comments Yay, you joined your first challenge! =)

message 7: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8263 comments Welcome, Monika!

I'm in, and I'm a C...I'll be reading (listening to) Desperately Seeking a Duke. Actually, I've already started it! =)

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments I'm in and I'm a C!

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann | 20 comments I did this challenge! I was a 'C', and finished And Then Comes Marriage on June 20th. I'm an 'A' for sure -- I got the rest in the series to read already! I like Regency romances, and really enjoyed the author's writing style. I did find the book a little uneven in places, but really enjoyed it overall and can't wait to read more of the author's books!

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23476 comments I finished Desperately Seeking a Duke last week. It was a reread for me, but it had been a while so I didn't remember much about the story. It started a little slow, but I'm looking forward to reading about the cousins now - again!

I started a low A and I finished a low A.

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments I finished Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1) by Celeste Bradley and gave it 5 stars! I will definitely read the next one, I thought the plot was very clever and I felt for the main characters. Loved the ending too, it was very sweet.

I started out a C and ended up an A

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Desperately Seeking a Duke (other topics)
Fallen (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Celeste Bradley (other topics)