What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Acquainted with the Night
This topic is about Acquainted with the Night
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA - Summertime Story involving teenage girl who falls in love with cousin back from war. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy (amy_the_bookworm) | 6 comments I was recently trying to tell someone about this book I read back in the 90s - probably between 95 and 98. Definitely the 90s equivalent of YA - I was in middle school during this time and remember thinking it was such a taboo book to find at the library in the Big Kid section
> I think it took place around the time of the Vietnam war - definitely wasn’t contemporary to the 90s
> a girls cousin comes home...from war? Discharged from army?
> she falls in love with him
> they almost sleep together
> he ends it

And that’s about all I remember!

message 2: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy (amy_the_bookworm) | 6 comments He ends the pseudo relationship is what that last bullet was supposed to say

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollylovesbooks) | 761 comments Something to Remember You by? I can't find a more detailed plot synopsis though.

message 4: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy (amy_the_bookworm) | 6 comments I don’t think it’s that - September Song looks to have been published in the late 60s and I don’t think the one I read was a republish. I think it was published probably in the 90s. A sad case of if I saw the cover I would remember it lol

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments Acquainted with the Night seems to match?

message 6: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy (amy_the_bookworm) | 6 comments Yes!!! That is it. I don’t remember the ghost story component but that would have been the reason I picked the book up in the first place lol!
Once I get home I will pull up the rules to close the thread. Thank you for your help!!!