Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > 2018 June Word Hunt

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited May 19, 2018 02:50PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 June 2018

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

0-3 words : better luck next time
3-5 words : warming up
6-8 words : getting hotter
9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter!

June
adorable
atmosphere
copper
crowded
heap
horizon
joke
market
tomato
yawn

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

dime
gymnast
limousine
unbiased
vegetables

and a bonus bonus
ill-fated

To prove that you have found the word, please quote the page, percentage or LOC (Kindle) and include the sentence in which it appears.

Audiobooks are allowed so long as you can quote the page/%/LOC and the sentence. (Eg Using whispersync or finding that sentence in some other way.)

You must find the actual word or the word's root word must be at the core with the meaning essentially remaining the same ~ just turned into a noun, adjective, adverb etc. No prefixes or hyphenated extensions. An extension is allowed where it is often the accepted spelling eg goodbye or good-bye.

Where a word has more than one meaning, either meaning may be used. Eg coast (beachfront) or coast (moving without effort) etc

Please post all entries, updates, final posts and questions in this thread.

Examples for 'Reversal'
Reverse - Laser Visions √ 15 May
p50-51 : There were a couple of bands Tam had that this person didn't, but none in the reverse.

Reversing - Sunset √ 10 Jul
p204 : Reversing his grip on his katana, he held it out to Nick.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Example post:

Word Hunt - January
1 Jan - 31 Jan 2015

Word found: 10/10
Book completed: 7

Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
bowl
Undertow √ 4 Jan
bartender, king, mourning
Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
champagne, molasses
Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
diary
Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
blood
Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
grandmother
Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
dreamed

1. BARTENDER - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p113 - (Which was Sunday and Monday - Saturday was a busy night on the bartender/club scene.
2. CHAMPAGNE - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p180-181 - The doorman greeted him inside the foyer and waved his past - no need to check the guest list for his name - and he grabbed a glass of champagne from a tray and looked around.
3. BOWL Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
p11 - "Another hippy bloke selling hand-turned bowls and crap like that."
4. KING - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p48 - Roan was the king of the jungle, and he should have no problem subduing cats; it was shat he did, sometimes without intention.
5. DREAM - Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
LOC 756: I'd never have dreamed just holding a person's hand could be such a turn on.
6. MOURN - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p262 - Because, come to think about it, you could confuse remorse for mourning, especially in a naturally depressed person.
7. GRANDMOTHER - Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
p98-99 - "... He put your grandmother on a pedestal until the day she died. ..."
8. DIARY - Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
p231 - Alexi took the diary, opened it, and held it in front of my eyes.
9. MOLASSES - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p217 - "You move like molasses, my pet."
10. BLOOD - Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
p46-47: Lee shivered, overwhelmed by the attraction simmering in his blood.

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Tips for finding words - courtesy of Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔

Using Google books:
~Go here https://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&...
~Type in the name of your book
~Select your book
~On the left about midway down there will be a search bar, type your word in there.

Couple of things you need to know...
~you need to check every variety of the word you want so, let's say GROUP doesn't show up you would also need to type in GROUPS/ED/ING
~Unfortunately, 99% of the books on Google does not list page numbers (at least in my experience)

Using Amazon:
~You search for your book
~Once on your book page make sure you are on a version that is paperback or hardcover (Kindle editions will not work)
~On the left there will be a picture of your book and it should have "Search Inside" above it
~Click on the book and the search bar will be inside

You will not need to search separately for plurals but you will still need to search separately for -ed and -ing

You can also search for words in all the books loaded on your Kindle.

On the home page, use the 'search' function.
~ type in the word and select 'search my items'.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments My spot

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1102 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 June 2018

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

June
adorable
atmosphere
copper
crowded
heap
horizon
joke
market
tomato
yawn

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

dime
gymnast
limousine
unbiased
vegetables

and a bonus bonus
ill-fated

message 6: by Nicole (last edited Jun 25, 2018 07:27AM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments June Word Hunt

Regular Words: 10/10 found

✓ Adorable: Archangel's Enigma by Nalini Singh (02/06) ★★★★★
"...mischievous smile was adorable ..." Page 152

✓ Atmosphere: Trick Play by Alison Hendricks (02/06) ★★★
"It's not exactly the ideal atmosphere to hatch a crazy plan..." Loc 413

✓ Copper: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (03/06) ★★★
"...someone had picked out the copper cooking range..." Page 75

✓ Crowded: Stripping the Billionaire by Noelle Adams (03/06) ★★★

✓ Heap: His Undercover Princess by Avery Flynn (03/06) ★★★
"She fell into a heap on her chair..." Loc 1683

✓ Horizon: 3:AM Kisses by Addison Moore (02/06) ★★
"...of something wonderful on the horizon ." Page 75

✓ Joke: 3:AM Kisses by Addison Moore (02/06) ★★
"...but resist the lame joke at the expense..." Page 11

✓ Market: Tapping Her by Max Monroe (01/06) ★★★
"It's just gone on the market and I think it's priced pretty fair..." Loc 1481

✓ Tomato: The Bear Who Loved Me by Kathy Lyons (04/06) ★★★★
"...odd combination of his soap, tomato sauce, and gunpowder." Page 202

✓ Yawn: Archangel's Enigma by Nalini Singh (02/06) ★★★★★
"...opened his eyes on a yawn ." Page 192

Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8) by Nalini Singh Trick Play (Eastshore Tigers, #3) by Alison Hendricks Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Stripping the Billionaire (Heirs of Damon, #4) by Noelle Adams His Undercover Princess (Tempt Me, #1) by Avery Flynn 3 AM Kisses (3 AM Kisses, #1) by Addison Moore Tapping Her (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1.5) by Max Monroe The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild, #1) by Kathy Lyons

Bonus Words: 5/5 found

✓ Dime: The Bear Who Loved Me by Kathy Lyons (04/06) ★★★★
"They had squeezed every last dime to get by..." Page 47

✓ Gymnast: Uncharted by Julie Johnson (10/06) ★★★★
"Who? Olympic Gymnast ." Page 137

✓ Limousine: License to Shift by Kathy Lyons (08/06) ★★★
"...if she were stepping into a limousine ." Page 171

✓ Unbiased: Archangel's Enigma by Nalini Singh (02/06) ★★★★★
"...she's proven her loyalty to unbiased scholarship..." Page 41

✓ Vegetables: The Bear Who Loved Me by Kathy Lyons (04/06) ★★★★
"...get these men to eat some fresh vegetables would be a good way..." Page 237

The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild, #1) by Kathy Lyons Uncharted (Uncharted, #1) by Julie Johnson License to Shift (Grizzlies Gone Wild) by Kathy Lyons Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8) by Nalini Singh

And a bonus bonus
1. Ill-fated: Fall Out by Zoe York (25/06) ★★★
"...in anticipation of the ill-fated hookup..." Page 17

Fall Out (SEALs Undone, #1) by Zoe York

message 7: by Tammie (last edited Jun 23, 2018 06:18PM) (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments June Word Hunt

Read:
10/10
Bonus Read: 5/5 + 1

√ ​6/18 adorable​ ​:Ryker, ​loc 2935 of 4096​ ​"You're ​ adorable​ when you're embarrassed."

√ ​6/20 atmosphere​:Edge of Time, ​loc 1030 of 4749​ ​...congenially with Genie and Carolyn in the cozy ​atmosphere​ of the sitting room.

√ ​6/10 copper​:Ozma of Oz, ​pg 35 of 218 ...and he body was round as a ball and made out of burnished ​ copper .

√ ​6/10 crowded​:So Sweet, ​loc 284 of 1472 ...drag my ass to a ​ crowded laundromat on Sunday.

√ ​6/4 heap​:The Enchanted Island of Yew, ​pg 33 of 221 ...leap to the top of the ​ heap before they completely lost their senses.

√ ​6/20 horizon​:Edge of Time, ​loc 3370 of 4749​ The sun was had just peeked over the ​horizon​ when they reached the farmhouse...

√ ​6/10 joke​:So Sweet, ​loc 461 of 1472 ​I heard the woman behind the desk ​ joke that they needed to hurry and get me off to bed.

√ ​6/13 market:Town in a Strawberry Swirl, ​pg 215 of 290 ​“I’ve been scouring the flee ​ markets.”

√ ​6/13 tomato:Town in a Strawberry Swirl, ​pg 10 of 290 After that would come raspberries, blueberries, ​ tomatoes and corn before they headed deep into the harvest...

√ ​6/18 yawn​:Ryker, ​loc 626 of 4096​ ​"Boring," I say with a mock ​yawn​.

Bonus
√ ​6/10 dime:Unblocked - Episode Three, ​pg 98 of 128 "The money was already wired and not one ​ dime of it is coming to me."...

√ ​6/17 gymnast​:No Way to Kill a Lady, ​pg 283 of 310 ​I remember the case of a gymnast from Easter Europe.

√ ​6/17 limousine​:No Way to Kill a Lady, ​pg 12 of 310 ...response, the black stretch limousine that had followed us onto the grounds came to a stop...

√ ​6/10 unbiased​:Ozma of Oz, ​loc 26 of 1497 If this judgement is unbiased and correct, and the little folks find...

√ ​6/23 vegetables​:Into the Arms of a Cowboy, ​loc 1242 of 2882 "--these are the vegetables. At least, they were."

BonusBonus
√ ​6/20 ill-fated​:Edge of Time, ​loc 4609 of 4749​ James never had revealed the truth of that ​ill-fated​ night fifteen years prior.

Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4) by Sawyer Bennett Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1) by Melissa Lynne Blue Ozma of Oz (Oz, #3) by L. Frank Baum So Sweet (Sugar Baby, #1) by Rebekah Weatherspoon The Enchanted Island of Yew by L. Frank Baum Town in a Strawberry Swirl (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #5) by B.B. Haywood Unblocked - Episode Three (Timber Towers, #3) by Marni Mann No Way to Kill a Lady (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #8) by Nancy Martin Into the Arms of a Cowboy by Isabella Ashe

message 8: by Georgina (last edited Jun 09, 2018 08:40AM) (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 254 comments words read: 10/10 | bonus words: 5/5 | books read: 5/5

Words:
adorable:
LOC 3547 “I mean that your adorable daughter Nicole is a constant reminder of your liaison with Derek Craven.” Dreaming of You 10/6
atmosphere: LOC 533 “Quietly Sara absorbed the atmosphere of the room.” Dreaming of You 10/6
copper: LOC 5155 “Monsieur Labarge sat on the side of the pavement, numbly holding a copper pot...” Dreaming of You 10/6
crowded: LOC 480 “The room is crowded with latecomers leaning against the walls...” The Hating Game 5/6
heap: LOC 602 “If she didn’t steer clear of him, he’d bring a heap of trouble and drop it at her doorstep.” An Extraordinary Union 7/6
horizon: LOC 1173 “... he said, his gaze searching the horizon line.” An Extraordinary Union7/6
joke: LOC 582 “... we say to each other genially at some pretend joke.” The Hating Game 5/6
market: LOC 1983 “I can’t break into a slave market and free everyone.” An Extraordinary Union 7/6
tomato: LOC 2621 “Taking a bite of tomato, she told him, ‘Mac actually’.” Branded 1/6
yawn: LOC 212 “I glare over at Regg who’s in mid yawn.” Clubwhore 3/6

Bonus:
dime:
LOC 331 “Since it’s on Red’s dime...” Clubwhore 3/6
gymnast: LOC 1455 “I’m practicing to be a trampoline gymnast.” Clubwhore 3/6
limousine: LOC 2268 “Sheridan said, leading them toward a black stretch limousine.” Branded 1/6
unbiased: LOC 816 “What I believe is that science is unbiased.” Branded 1/6
vegetables: LOC 2696 “I look in my empty fridge, and think of his rainbow of fruit and vegetables.” The Hating Game 5/6

message 9: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1414 comments I'll try.

message 10: by Siobhan (last edited Jun 01, 2018 03:54AM) (new)

Siobhan Johnson June Monthly Word Hunt
0/10 Completed

1. adorable:
2. atmosphere:
3. copper:
4. crowded:
5. heap:
6. horizon:
7. joke:
8. market:
9. tomato:
10. yawn:

message 11: by Rissa (last edited Jun 14, 2018 12:23PM) (new)

Rissa | 647 comments Of course, in!

Oooohhhh, a bonus bonus!

Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 June 2018

June Finished 10/10!

adorable - Evan's Heaven - LOC 923 - "Evan’s face fell into one of his adorable pouts, making me grin." 6/4/2018

atmosphere - The Secret of the Sheikh’s Betrothed - LOC 1506 - "“That was where the leopard came in,” Rayyan said, trying to lighten the atmosphere." 6/5/2018

copper - The Easy Way - LOC 10% - "Cam was transfixed by the way the light played over the man’s hair, bringing out flecks of gold, glints of copper." 6/3/2018

crowded - The Secret of the Sheikh’s Betrothed - LOC 2442 - "It was much smellier and more crowded than he liked, as well as too odd, especially these things called elevators." 6/5/2018

heap - The Easy Way - LOC 26% - "From the heap of clothing on the floor, a phone began to ring." 6/3/2018

horizon - Hexslayer - LOC 1302 - "The sun had just broken the horizon when someone knocked on the door to Nick’s apartment." 6/10/2018

joke - The Easy Way - LOC 76% - "He made a joke about the irony of Shaw trusting a gay pilot." 6/3/2018

market - Hexslayer - LOC 2760 - "“Sorry, but we don’t have any milk today,” he said. “You’ll have to go to the market.”" 6/10/2018

tomato - September - LOC 2276 - "Tomato sauce simmered away and put out a wonderful aroma." 6/8/2018

yawn - September - LOC 1067 - "“Well, if you don’t like it….” David drawled suggestively, faked a yawn, and stretched." 6/8/2018

Bonus Finished 5/5!

dime - Hexslayer - LOC 1121 - "She lowered her voice. “I read the Howl and Roger dime novels, you see.”" 6/10/2018

gymnast - Dear Mister President - LOC 35% - "He was a grown man, tried and seasoned by a military career, not a teenage boy with a crush on some hockey player or gymnast – although that was certainly the way he was feeling at the moment." 6/12/2018

limousine - Dear Mister President - LOC 90% - "Beyond her, Kearney slumped into the soft leather seat of the limousine, taciturn and exhausted, looking thirty years older than his age." 6/12/2018

unbiased - The Secret of the Sheikh’s Betrothed - LOC 1208 - "She would kill him if she had the chance, he thought, but he wasn’t an unbiased person about Bahiyya." 6/5/2018

vegetables - September - LOC 4179 - "Soon he had sheets of vegetables roasting away as David used the second oven to cook their turkey." 6/8/2018

and a bonus bonus Finished 1/1!

ill-fated - Evan's Heaven - LOC 881 - "To be honest, there weren’t many of Evan’s “treatments”that hadn’t made the list—even the ill-fated attempt at an Egyptian mud facial had had its redeeming moments." 6/4/2018

message 12: by ~Teresa (last edited May 21, 2018 08:56AM) (new)

~Teresa | 333 comments Yep, I’m in!

June Word Hunt

Regular Words ~ 0/10
Bonus Words ~ 0//5
Bonus Bonus Word ~ 0/1

Regular Monthly Words:

adorable
atmosphere
copper
crowded
heap
horizon
joke
market
tomato
yawn

Bonus Words:

dime
gymnast
limousine
unbiased
vegetables

Bonus Bonus Word:

ill-fated

message 13: by Kesha (last edited Jun 18, 2018 08:48PM) (new)

Kesha | 705 comments 2018 June Word Hunt

Read: 10/10
Bonus Read: 3/5

adorable: It was an ADORABLE two-bedroom cottage, fully stocked with everything she would need for the upcoming stay. A Walk Through Endurance: (Series Intro) (LOC 129) - Olivia Gaines 6-5-18
atmosphere: The women became quiet for a moment as they ate and enjoyed the ATMOSPHERE. It Must Be Love (p. 11) - Nicki Night 6-16-18
copper: The COPPERY red-gold hair fell over her shoulders. Tempting the Beauty Queen (p. 8) - Carolyn Hector 6-7-18
crowded: Chris looked around the CROWDED gymnasium of Valley Arts Academy, searching the teeming mass of teenagers for the two that belonged to him. A San Diego Romance (p. 85) - Kianna Alexander 6-2-18
heap: Plate HEAPED with an assortment of meats, veggies, cheeses, and something blue and jiggly even Kelyn couldn't identify, she was in heaven. The Witch's Quest (p. 109) - Michele Hauf 6-9-18
horizon: The faery's eyes scanned the steel-and-rose HORIZON. The Witch's Quest (p. 148) - Michele Hauf 6-9-18
joke: Their playful banter made him feel close to her, and as Karma giggled at his JOKES his desire for her grew. Pleasure in His Kiss (p. 86) - Pamela Yaye 6-1-18
market: She was delighted to find the list also included a bookstore, three local churches, and a farmer's MARKET down by Tommy's Park. A Walk Through Endurance: (Series Intro) (LOC 129) - Olivia Gaines 6-5-18
tomato: She didn't even bother mixing her vodka with orange juice or TOMATO juice, or even a glass. Tempting the Beauty Queen (p. 205) - Carolyn Hector 6-7-18
yawn: YAWNING, he closed his eyes and stretched his neck from side to side. Pleasure in His Kiss (p. 86) - Pamela Yaye 6-1-18

BONUS
dime: Sitting across from the big-time actor who could schedule a private flight at a drop of a DIME made her feel as though her life had been more stagnant. Once Friends (LOC 1189) - Z.L. Arkadie 6-18-18
gymnast:
limousine: The suit-clad driver, with eyeglasses and Albert Einstein hair, was standing in front of the LIMOUSINE parked at the curb and bowed at the waist. Pleasure in His Kiss (p. 92) - Pamela Yaye 6-1-18
unbiased:
vegetables: Staci ordered steak tips, with yellow rice and stir fry VEGETABLES, and I had grilled chicken and shrimp with yellow rice and stir fry vegetables. Unfinished Business (LOC 556) - Deborah R Brandon 6-3-18

message 14: by Barbara ★ (last edited Aug 04, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3669 comments June Word Hunt

12/16 DONE

✔ adorable - Red Velvet Revenge - Jenn McKinlay 6/2
(well I happen to be very adorable), p104

✔ atmosphere - Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments - Denise Grover Swank 6/11
(had a cozy atmosphere), p15

✔ copper - Agatha H and the Airship City - Phil & Kaja Foglio 6/13
(a copper globe vaporized), p188

✔ crowded - The Care and Taming of a Rogue - Suzanne Enoch 6/9
(London seemed very crowded), p32

✔ heap - Royal Assassin - Robin Hobb 6/16
(and tumbled into a heap), p509

✔ horizon - Finnikin of the Rock - Melina Marchetta 6/7
(as he looked towards the horizon), p147

✔ joke - Red Velvet Revenge - Jenn McKinlay 6/2
(someone tell me that's a joke), p64

✔ market - The Drowning Girl - Caitlín R. Kiernan 6/9
(the last time I'd gone to the market), p39

tomato -
(), p

yawn -
(), p

BONUS
✔ dime - Inked Magic - Jory Strong 6/19
(it's your dime anyway), p99

gymnast -
(), p

✔ limousine - Inked Magic - Jory Strong 6/19
(a chauffeured limousine chose that moment to stop), p223

unbiased -
(), p

✔ vegetables - Agatha H and the Airship City - Phil & Kaja Foglio 6/13
(next to dried fruits and vegetables), p10

and a bonus bonus
✔ ill-fated - Pale Horses - Jassy Mackenzie 6/15
(since getting back from the ill-fated trip), p56

Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #4) by Jenn McKinlay Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta The Drowning Girl by Caitlín R. Kiernan The Care and Taming of a Rogue (Adventurers’ Club, #1) by Suzanne Enoch Agatha H and the Airship City (Girl Genius Novels, #1) by Phil Foglio Pale Horses (Jade de Jong, #4) by Jassy Mackenzie Royal Assassin (Farseer Trilogy, #2) by Robin Hobb Inked Magic (Inked Magic, #1) by Jory Strong

message 15: by Amanda A (last edited Jun 30, 2018 03:10PM) (new)

Amanda A | 769 comments June Word Hunt
Completed: 16/16

adorable - "make them think I'm an adorable old lady" Incredible You pg 102
atmosphere - "the atmosphere around the table was tense" Wildflower pg 128
copper - "knowing that bronze was made of tin and copper" New Boy pg 65
crowded - "I am not having sex with you in a crowded room." Fire and Ice pg 224
heap - "he left me in a crumpled heap on the floor" Fire and Ice pg 2
horizon - "the sun was nearly below the horizon" Learning to Love pg 10
joke - "They said it was a joke" New Boy pg 80
market - "buy the property when it came on the market again" Her Dakota Man pg 9
tomato - "their dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup" Her Dakota Man pg 66
yawn - "I stifled a sigh, turning it into a yawn." A Fistful of Charms pg 412

Bonus
dime - "throwing things like this together on a dime" Incredible You pg 93
gymnast - "she was as nimble as a gymnast" Pancakes and Corpses pg 89
limousine - "picking her way in heels toward a waiting limousine" Before I Fall pg 419
unbiased - "I could look at him without fan-girling, I could be unbiased." Kulti Loc 474
vegetables - "I'm a good kid who eats her vegetables and doesn't back talk." Learning to Love pg 88

and a bonus bonus
ill-fated - "Probably the same place we've always been: walking a fine, and tragically ill-fated line." Enjoy Your Stay pg 37

Her Dakota Man 6/1
Fire and Ice 6/2
New Boy 6/2
Incredible You 6/3
Wildflower 6/4
Learning to Love 6/5
Kulti 6/8
A Fistful of Charms 6/13
Before I Fall 6/20
Enjoy Your Stay 6/23
Pancakes and Corpses 6/24

message 16: by Deanna (last edited Jun 19, 2018 08:37AM) (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 86 comments I'm in!

Regular Words: 10/10
Bonus Words: 3/5
Bonus Bonus Word: 0/1

Regular Words:

adorable: White Hot by Ilona Andrews - p. 271 - "You do. It's adorable." - 6/6/18

atmosphere: NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - p. 663 - "Vic glided through the atmosphere of ruin..." - 6/18/18

copper: White Hot by Ilona Andrews - p. 374 - "My mouth tasted like a copper penny." - 6/6/18

crowded: Unlawful Seizure by Baylee Rose - p. 143 - "I should have told her anywhere, but a crowded courtroom..." - 6/10/18

heap: White Hot by Ilona Andrews - p. 181 - "They dropped the man in a heap on the ground." - 6/6/18

horizon: You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly - loc. 1559 - "...her gaze riveted to the looming mansion on the horizon." - 6/2/18

joke: Unlawful Seizure by Baylee Rose - p. 129 - "That shit is a joke, and I doubt they'd even let a murderer have them." - 6/10/18

market: NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - p. 640 - "Looming behind and beyond this little town market were the attractions..." - 6/18/18

tomato: Unlawful Seizure by Baylee Rose - p. 175 - "Tomato, to-mat-toe," he shrugs." - 6/10/18

yawn: NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - p. 58 - "Bing opened his mouth to answer, only to find himself struggling against a yawn." - 6/18/18

Bonus Words:

dime: You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly - loc. 2723 - "I get checked every year on the government's dime, but..." - 6/2/18

gymnast: Fearless Writing: How to Create Boldly and Write with Confidence by William Kenower - p. 34 - "The gymnast crossing a balance beam experiences two sensations: the comfort of balance and the discomfort of imbalance." - 6/17/18

limousine:

unbiased:

vegetables: You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly - loc. 1938 - "Next level, instead of fruits and vegetable, you've got the three C's: cookies, candy and caffeine." - 6/2/18

Bonus Bonus Word:

ill-fated:

You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews Unlawful Seizure (Filthy Florida Alphas, #1) by Baylee Rose NOS4A2 by Joe Hill Fearless Writing How to Create Boldly and Write with Confidence by William Kenower

message 17: by Emily (last edited Jul 02, 2018 07:53PM) (new)

Emily | 826 comments The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

June-temperatures we expect in JUNE here LOC 912…Back To Her by Dani Wyatt 6.1
adorable- he looks so freaking ADORABLE LOC 555 Stakeout by Brittany Crowley and Karen Raines 6.1
atmosphere-The light and lovely ATOMOSPHERE was matched by PG 249…Unleashed by Sara Humphreys 6.1
copper
crowded- hard it would be to be in a CROWDED place..Pg 214 Unleashed by Sara Humphreys 6.1
heap- leaving them laying in a HEAP on the floor LOC 437 Back To Her by Dani Wyatt 6.1
horizon-the sun is just peeking up over the HORIZON LOC 806 Back To Her by Dani Wyatt 6.1
joke - Is that a JOKE? LOC 1497 Stakeout by Brittany Crowley and Karen Raines 6.1
market-have access to any cameras in the MARKET area? Stakeout by Brittany Crowley and Karen Raines 6.1
tomato-you've got lettuce, TOMATO, and may LOC 214 Incredible You by Lili Valente 6.3
yawn-while stiffling a large YAWN…Pg312 Unleashed by Sara Humphreys 6.1

Bonus

dime-no partying groupies getting high on his DIME…Loc 1251 Rock Hard by Abbie Zanders 6.1
gymnast
limousine
unbiased-able to make UNBIASED observations...Avery Shaw Experiment by Kelly Oram 6.7 LOC 28
vegetables Eat some fresh VEGETABLES would be a good ...Bear Who Loved Me by Kathy Lyons 6.3

and a bonus bonus
ill-fated 

message 18: by Chan (last edited Jul 03, 2018 12:06PM) (new)

Chan | 4286 comments Playing Catch Up!

June Word Hunt
1. adorable - Nobody's Baby But Mine | June 22
Page 325: Kevin Tucker was adorable

2. atmosphere

3. copper - Bossman | June 26
Page 97: There was an island with copper pots

4. crowded - Bossman | June 26
Page 34: Might not be too crowded since it's new

5. heap - Nobody's Baby But Mine | June 22
Page 319: Why are you driving that old heap around

6. horizon - Fighting to Breathe | June 29
LOC: I look away from him to the horizon

7. joke - Man Hands | June 20
Page 11: And you don't joke about ebola

8. market - Man Hands | June 20
Page 171: The bacon was handsmoked by the guy at the farmer's market

9. tomato - Alarm | June 3
Page 170: thinking about the grilled tomatoes Aiden had made

10. Yawn - Alarm | June 3
Page 64: As the sun went down, I yawned

Bonus
1. dime - Dirty Girl | June 27
LOC 287: Without a word or a dime

2. gymnast

3. limousine - Nobody's Baby But Mine | June 22
Page 510: They sat in the back of a black stretch limousine

4. unbiased

5. Vegetables - Alarm | June 3
Page 87: I get a lot of fresh vegetables down there

ROLLOVERS
November Bonus
1. Geometric

March Bonus
1. jigsaw

2. raven - Rock Chick Redemption | June 28
Page 245: Raven

April Bonus
1. Cocoa - Man Hands | June 20
Page 76: grabbing a container of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa

May Bonus
1. chlorine
2. gremlin

Alarm by Shay Savage Man Hands (Man Hands, #1) by Sarina Bowen Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Bossman by Vi Keeland Dirty Girl (Dirty Girl Duet, #1) by Meghan March Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3) by Kristen Ashley Fighting to Breathe (Shooting Stars, #1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds

message 19: by Calila (last edited Jul 09, 2018 02:37PM) (new)

Calila | 2746 comments I'm in!

14/16 + 1/1

Adorable - Vespertine 06/03-04/18 ★★
LOC 2477: "You two are not adorable," he said, twisting his head to look at the cat."
Atmosphere - Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me 06/02/18 ★★★
LOC 2641: "The atmosphere was tense."
Copper - Close Quarter 06/01/18 ★★★
LOC 2002: "His hair glowed like a mass of molten copper strands, his skin gold in the afternoon light."
Crowded - Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me 06/02/18 ★★★
LOC 2006: "This one was actually stuck onto my back as I was in a crowded corridor."
Heap - Close Quarter 06/01/18 ★★★
LOC 3281: "If that vampire found them first, they were in a heap of trouble."
Horizon - Close Quarter 06/01/18 ★★★
LOC 188: "It would be some hours before it touched below that horribly wet horizon."
Joke - Vespertine 06/03-04/18 ★★
LOC 1935: "So tempted to make an inappropriate joke right now, but I won't."
Market - The Wounded Warrior 06/17/18 ★★★★
PAGE 90: "Do you do flea markets and stuff?
Tomato - Reasons to Love a Nerd Like Me 06/02/18 ★★★
LOC 771: "I remember he had some tomato sauce smeared all over his face and I was in a fit of giggles."
Yawn - The Dead 06/06-12/18 ★★★
LOC 2959: "Why?" I asked, hollowness in my throat, a yawning helplessness spreading down my spine."
Bonus:
Dime - The Wounded Warrior 06/17/18 ★★★★
PAGE 221: "Luke rolled back, then turned on a dime, that fancy new chair super neat."
Gymnast -
LOC:
Limousine -
LOC:
Unbiased - Wilde Fire 06/16/18 ★★★★
PAGE 181: "She was all business as she asked the questions, and I realized she was probably the closest thing to unbiased as we could get on this."
Vegetables - Vespertine 06/03-04/18 ★★
LOC 508: "I know you didn't as a little boy, but I think it's because I made you eat the vegetables and not just the meat."
Bonus Bonus:
Ill-fated - The Wounded Warrior 06/17/18 ★★★★
LOC 1989: "I heard it, but Rory and me, we had an ill-fated thing, so Lori made sure I knew."
Rollover:
Chlorine - Speechless 06/30/18 ★★★★★
LOC 590: "And then Travis would get dressed, and they might exchange lies about meeting up again next time Chip was in town, and Travis would head home smelling like chlorine and semen."

message 20: by Maritza (last edited Jun 13, 2018 05:54PM) (new)

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 538 comments But of course.

Monthly Word Hunt 
1 - 30 June 2018

Words Found - 10 of 10, 2 0f 5 Bonus, Bonus Bonus

adorable, Just Business 06/02/18**** - ADORABLE. Heart- melting. (pg 94)
atmosphere, Behind Her Eyes **** - they have all drunk too much but at least the ATMOSPHERE is less strained (ch 50, 3%)
copper, Devil in Spring - consisting of COPPER bowls... (loc 4.7%)
crowded, Behind Her Eyes - is much smaller and more colorfully CROWDED, (ch. 14, 21%)
heap, Find Her 06/97/18**** - she has HEAPED the muffins on a plate... (pg 82)
horizon, Lilac Girls 06/13/18**** - As dawn suddenly breached the HORIZON (loc 6%)
joke, Behind Her Eyes - We'd JOKE about that. (ch 49, 80%)
market, Just Business - but kept losing MARKET share...(pg 29)
tomato, Find Her - with fresh sliced TOMATOES, (pg 56)
yawn, Just Business - Eli said, stifling a YAWN. (pg 133)
Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough Just Business (Takeover, #2) by Anna Zabo Find Her (Detective D.D. Warren, #8) by Lisa Gardner Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
dime, Find Her -... are a DIME a dozen. (pg 122)
gymnast
limousine
unbiased
vegetables, Devil in Spring 06/09/18**** - Out of all VEGETABLES? (loc 23.3%)

BONUS BONUS

Ill-fated

message 21: by Chris (last edited Jun 19, 2018 07:14PM) (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 133 comments I'm in.

Regular Words
adorable The Sentry 6/2 p. 383
"She loved, adored, and defended…"

atmosphere War Cry 6/4 p. 209
"…still she found herself caught up in the atmosphere…"

copper The Search 6/7 p. "The copper would verdigris over time, …"

crowded The Terminal List 6/9 p. 172
"…which, due to its crowded hustle and bustle, reminded …"

heap Taste of Darkness 6/5 p. 1
"Kerricks shirt, boots, boots and sword lay in a heap by the dying fire."

horizon The Terminal List 6/9 p. 196
"Keep watching the horizon."

joke The Sentry 6/4 p. 78
"Is that a joke?"

market The Sentry 6/4 p. …this probably robbed a Latin market.

tomato The Search 6/2 p;269
"He found a tomato James must have left behind"

Bonus
dime The Terminal List 6/9 p. 196
"It took every dime his father had left"

gymnast

limousine War Cry 6/4 p. 1
"But the Oktoberfest had been cancelled and the Double Phaeton limousine…"

unbiased

vegetables The Search 6/7 p. 103
"…crowded with flowers and vegetables and herbs.."

Bonus Bonus
ill-fated The Tiger's Prey 6/19 p. 200
"...town just in time to go aboard this ill-fated ship."

message 22: by Jujubee (last edited Jun 28, 2018 08:05AM) (new)

Jujubee (goodreadscomjujubeed) | 216 comments I'll be on the Hunt again! Stats 13/15
Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3) by L.J. Shen Dauntless (The Shaws, #2) by Lynne Connolly Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant, #1) by Ilona Andrews On the Edge (The Edge, #2) by C.D. Reiss On the Edge (The Edge, #2) by C.D. Reiss Cutting Edge (The Edge, #0.5) by C.D. Reiss Numbers (New Species, #14) by Laurann Dohner One for Another by Andrea Jacka
Adorable "It’s adorable, but not necessary." Pg 69 Numbers (New Species 14) Laurann Dohner • Read 06/24/18 4.5*
Atmosphere "The small sound broke the air, but the atmosphere immediately closed around them again, like a blanket hiding secrets." LOC 3498 Dauntless (The Shaws 02) Lynne Connolly • Read 06/06/18 3.5*
Copper "It held one gold coin, a little silver, and more coppers." LOC 3388 Dauntless (The Shaws 02) Lynne Connolly • Read 06/06/18 3.5*
Crowded "An intricate combination of our experiences of death crowded us." LOC 234 One for Another Andrea Jacka • Read 06/26/18 3.5*
Heap "The tall, gleaming office towers that once proudly marked Charlotte’s Downtown had fallen long ago, reduced to heaps of rubble by magic." LOC 382 Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant Series 01) ARC edition Ilona Andrews • Read 06/09/18 5*
Horizon "With the sun kissing the horizon, the ground was still dark, and the airfield floodlights were necessary." LOC 1005 Cutting Edge (The Edge 0.5) CD Reiss • Read 06/13/18 5*
Joke "He clapped my back as if this was an old joke he shared with my body." LOC 480 On the Edge (The Edge 02) CD Reiss • Read 06/12/18 5*
Market "Many ladies of society must have been aware that Oliver was in the market and had pushed their daughters his way." LOC 1752 Dauntless (The Shaws 02) Lynne Connolly • Read 06/06/18 3.5*
Tomato "He picked a limp tomato out of his sandwich and answered, “I heard he overstepped for a Haji." LOC 1318 Cutting Edge (The Edge 0.5) CD Reiss • Read 06/13/18 5*
Yawn "The void yawned at him." LOC 1932 Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant Series 01) ARC edition Ilona Andrews • Read 06/09/18 5*

Bonus
Dime "Turning on a dime after I graduated high school, I got over my faux existential crisis and went to community college for a semester, where a doomed affair with my Psychology 101 professor opened my eyes to why I’d turned goth for those years." LOC 424 Cutting Edge (The Edge 0.5) CD Reiss • Read 06/13/18 5*
Gymnast "A little gymnast that could bend to a man’s every need." Pg 29 Scandalous (Sinners of Saint 03) L. J. Shen • Read 06/03/18 4*
~~limousine
~~unbiased
Vegetables "Most became human vegetables." LOC 1772 Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant Series 01) ARC edition Ilona Andrews • Read 06/09/18 5*

Bonus Bonus 00/01
~~ill-fated

ORPHANS 04/06
✔May: Bee "I yanked it from her arm and made a beeline to one of the many alleyways slicing the shops and restaurants on the boardwalk." Pg 92 Scandalous (Sinners of Saint 03) L. J. Shen • Read 06/03/18 4*
✔May: (Exact) British: "I decided to dig deeper, especially considering you shouldn’t have known someone who’d lived in the British Virgin Islands." Pg 284 Scandalous (Sinners of Saint 03) L. J. Shen • Read 06/03/18 4*
~~May: (Exact) Chlorine:
✔May: (Exact) Gremlin: "Yet , a persistent gremlin tromped around in my rattled brain and whispered it imprudent to release the idea." LOC 3551 One for Another Andrea Jacka • Read 06/26/18 3.5*
✔May: (Exact) Vacuum:"Make him vacuum." Pg 237 Numbers (New Species 14) Laurann Dohner • Read 06/24/18 4.5*
☆March: (Exact) Jigsaw: "We could have fit together like two jigsaw pieces." Pg 283 After We Fall Melanie Harlow • Read xxxx

message 23: by Karen ♐ (last edited Jun 30, 2018 08:44PM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1547 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 30 June 2018

adorable - Loc 882 - He's downright adorable - Down with Love Kate Meader - 6/2
atmosphere - Loc 614 - way to create a sensual atmosphere - Down with Love Kate Meader - 6/2
copper - Pg 3 - the copper scent filling her nose - Revenge Shelly Bell - 6/4
crowded - Pg 143 - he pulls me through the crowded street - Love in Lingerie Alessandra Torre - 6/12
heap - Loc 2666 - leaving a heap load of righteous indignation - Down with Love Kate Meader - 6/2
horizon - Pg 58 - sun come up over the horizon - Revenge Shelly Bell - 6/4
joke - Loc 217 - if he'd heard the greatest joke - Passion Shelly Bell - 6/5
market - Pg 6 - the guy at the flea market - Infinite Possibilities Lisa Renee Jones - 6/10
tomato - Loc 291 - The tangy scent of tomatoes - Aftershocks Kristine Cayne - 6/22
yawn - Loc 313 - She faked a yawn - Passion Shelly Bell - 6/5

Bonus

dime - Loc 1280 - wasn't going to accept a dime for their work - Passion Shelly Bell - 6/5
gymnast - Loc 3033 - You were a gymnast for years - Escaping Reality Lisa Renee Jones - 6/8
limousine - Pg 156 - The extravagant limousine reminded her - Carnal Risk Kym Grosso - 6/23
unbiased
vegetables - Pg 109 - hand as she worked on vegetables - Rocky Mountain Retreat Vivian Arend - 6/11

and a bonus bonus
ill-fated

message 24: by Tina "IRead2Escape" (last edited Jun 27, 2018 10:37AM) (new)

Tina "IRead2Escape" (tinar1121) | 1292 comments June Monthly Word Hunt
June 1st - June 31st

9/10 Completed

1. adorable ~ Lone Star Heartbreaker by Anne Marie Novark - page 55 - "Your baby is adorable." 6/1 - 6/5 (3 Stars)
2. atmosphere ~ A Match Made In Texas by Anne Marie Novark - page 154 - The atmosphere was ripe for seduction. 6/1 - 6/1 (3 Stars)
3. copper ~ Off Sides by Sawyer Bennett - page 67 - Ryan inhales sharply and I swear his copper eyes turn amber. 6/5 - 6/6 (3 Stars)
4. crowded ~ A Match Made In Texas by Anne Marie Novark - page 19 - He didn't know how that was possible on a school bus crowded with noisy kids. 6/1 - 6/1 (3 Stars)
5. heap ~ A Match Made In Texas by Anne Marie Novark - page 159 - Stepping from the heap of clothing at her feet, she felt herself grow damp and hot under his blazing eyes. 6/1 - 6/1 (3 Stars)
6. horizon ~ Lone Star Heartbreaker by Anne Marie Novark - page 18 - Tyler swiveled his body around on the crutches and gazed toward the horizon. 6/1 - 6/5 (3 Stars)
7. joke ~ Off Sides by Sawyer Bennett - page 122 - Snuggling back to my chest, she softly says, "Don't joke about things like that. 6/5 - 6/6 (3 Stars)
8. market ~ I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting - page 19 - For the past few years we've been making a decent living in the real estate market, but the real money is in flipping, which requires a lot of capital and a fast turn-around. 6/1 - 6/10 (3 Stars)
9. tomato ~
10. yawn ~ Lone Star Heartbreaker by Anne Marie Novark - page 169 - Caitlyn yawned and smiled a sleepy smile at him. 6/1 - 6/3 (3 Stars)

Lone Star Heartbreaker (Diamondback Ranch #4) by Anne Marie Novark A Match Made In Texas (Diamondback Ranch #3) by Anne Marie Novark Off Sides (Off, #1) by Sawyer Bennett A Match Made In Texas (Diamondback Ranch #3) by Anne Marie Novark A Match Made In Texas (Diamondback Ranch #3) by Anne Marie Novark Lone Star Heartbreaker (Diamondback Ranch #4) by Anne Marie Novark Off Sides (Off, #1) by Sawyer Bennett I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3) by Helena Hunting 9 Lone Star Heartbreaker (Diamondback Ranch #4) by Anne Marie Novark

Bonus
2/5 Completed

1. dime ~ I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting - page 31 - I mutter a reluctant thank you and wait for the macchiato I had no intention of purchasing, but am very much looking forward to drinking - even if it's on Pierce's dime. 6/1 - 6/10 (3 Stars)
2. gymnast ~
3. limousine ~
4. unbiased ~
5. vegetables ~ I Flipping Love You by Helena Hunting - page 3 - My job is to balance out all the fruits and vegetables my sister, Marley, is currently picking out in the produce section. 6/1 - 6/10 (3 Stars)

I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3) by Helena Hunting 2 3 4 I Flipping Love You (Shacking Up, #3) by Helena Hunting

message 25: by Carly (last edited Jun 30, 2018 09:29AM) (new)

Carly (car88) | 65 comments JUNE 2018 - WORD HUNT
·Post 25

10/10
ADORABLE - Jail House Rock location 436, 44% (6/19/18)
He's leaning in too close to her for his own good, and I can see, even from here, that he's trying to get a look down her adorable puppy dog scrubs. I'm out of my seat and pushing through the door to get to the back office before you can say vagina.
ATMOSPHERE - Lure of Oblivion location 4616, 94% (6/7/18)
As Marlon made pancakes and Yvonne made coffee, more and more people came downstairs for breakfast. Considering the night before had been on hell of a fuckup, it was surprising that the atmosphere was… peaceful. The arrival of a car ruined it.
COPPER - Lure of Oblivion location 2267, 47% (6/7/18)
The door opened, and a slender, quirkily dressed female with long hair made up of gold, copper, dark-red, and plum-purple streaks smiled at them. She also wore a baby sling. As the sling faced inward, Gwen could only make out tiny limbs, and a little mop of short, dark curls.
CROWDED - Vikings: The Truth About Lagertha and Ragnar location 2076, 42% (6/23/18)
That night, as everyone crowded around the fire, Lagertha relaxed with her drink and watched the warriors as they settled in for the night.
HEAP - Three Trials location 2281, 57% (6/12/18)
Now that I've apparently died-again-one of those assholes finally got me my roses. Whichever one it was, they're my new favorite. I don't even care if it's Jude; this ones a win. "Lovely," I say to myself, grinning at the heaps of roses surrounding me, even though the ones under me smell like they're burning.
HORIZON - Beasting Beauty location 222, 20% (6/22/18)
That wasn't in the cards for me, not anymore. Love was a fucking sinking ship-a sunset being swallowed by the sea over the horizon. …I just had no idea how fucking wrong I was yet.
JOKE - Mikhail location 538, 17% (6/4/18)
"Straying off the map into unknown territory, are we?" He chuckled as though it was some private joke. "Here there be dragons."
MARKET - Burn location 3802, 62% (6/9/18)
"They're just knicknacks. You know, sentimental stuff." She lifted out a hand-painted skeleton-shaped trinket box. "I got this from a market in Mexico. We didn't live there long, but I loved it there."
TOMATO - Light My Fire location 469, 13% (6/29/18)
Amelie agreed. "But Aisling…there has been some talk." "Oh? About what? Oooh, stuffed tomatoes! Thank you, they look delicious."
YAWN - Daddy Duke location 423, 6% (6/4/18)
Faith left late, and even though I'd made a big show of yawning when I walked her out to her frankly gorgeous new red sports car, I wasn't tired.

Bonus
4/5
DIME - 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover location 1208, 25% (6/18/18)
In fact, they managed to avoid looking at her altogether. She could have been a ghost freely strolling the weathered boards. Or someone who didn't need luck in pitching dimes or trying the ring toss to win a prize.
GYMNAST
LIMOUSINE - 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover location 4077, 85% (6/18/18)
She was positive the tall bald-headed man that approached her could easily bench press the limousine and not even break a sweat. "Master Tyge Foulshadow," she stated, handing him the card.
UNBIASED - Burn location 2921, 47% (6/9/18)
"That not only takes away my voice, it takes away your right to have an unbiased opinion. He doesn't promise you a voice. He promises you the illusion of a voice."
VEGETABLES - Light My Fire location 396, 11% (6/29/18)
"Yeah. The Akashic plain, actually. You know-the place everyone calls limbo? Where demons who don't eat their vegetables go?" Amelie just looked at me.

Bonus-Bonus
0/1
ILL-FATED

Carryovers
1/4
May
CHLORINE
GREMLIN
April
COCOA - Three Trials location 1632, 40% (6/12/18)
"You were my favorite earlier. Gage has now replaced you once again," I tell him idly as he passes me the last jar of alcohol. I'm stunned a little to taste a rich cocoa flavor instead of cinnamon like last time. I guess Kai prefers a different taste, and it's something new I get to learn about them.
February
SIDESHOW

READ
Mikhail (Brothers of Ash and Fire, #2) by Lauren Smith Daddy Duke (Royally Screwed, #3) by Madison Faye Lure of Oblivion (Mercury Pack, #3) by Suzanne Wright Burn (Dark in You, #1) by Suzanne Wright Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2) by Kristy Cunning 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Hex #1) by Linda Wisdom Jail House Rock by Liberty Laine Beasting Beauty (Possessing Beauty, #1) by Madison Faye Vikings The Truth About Lagertha and Ragnar (Viking Secrets #2) by Rachel Tsoumbakos Light My Fire (Aisling Grey #3) by Katie MacAlister

message 26: by Becky (last edited Jul 01, 2018 07:44AM) (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1415 comments 15/15

adorable Set Ablaze- loc 1017- "I think he's adorable." 6/9-6/10
atmosphere Blow Down- loc 3655- Might've been the chilly atmosphere. 6/7-6/8
copper Blow Down- loc 4190- Phil might not have been a copper for a few years now, but he's still a bit sensitive about stuff like that. 6/7-6/8
crowded Mercenary Courage- page 50- A group of white-haired ladies who made the monks seem young crowded into the car, shopping bags bumping and rustling as they chattered. 6/10-6/12
heap Playing for Keeps- loc 787- He sat up and scanned the floor, seeing only his clothes crumpled in a sorry heap, trouser legs clinging to the distressed-wood feet of the bedside table. 6/1-6/3
horizon Feud- loc 45- I'm Justice, last of the Lawson clan, and six months with no Bridges heir on the horizon also makes me the feud's and Old Trail Avenue's sole survivor. 6/3-6/4
joke Feud- loc 271- Then I realized this was some kind of elaborate practical joke. 6/3-6/4
market Set Ablaze- loc 174- Jez needed a place to live, not a ready-made bestie, even if Hayden were in the market. 6/9-6/10
tomato Blow Down- loc 1155- "Could grill up a couple of tomatoes to pretend it's healthy, if you like." 6/7-6/8
yawn Playing for Keeps- loc 2568- Then he let out an unconvincing yawn. 6/1-6/3

Bonus

dime Feud- loc 234- If these suggestions were my best shot, odds were I'd never see a dime of that money either. 6/3-6/4
gymnast Playing for Keeps- loc 635- "Is that the one with the Olympic gymnast?" 6/1-6/3
limousine Grim Shadows- loc 1345- Winter's red and black limousine wasn't in the driveway. 6/12-6/15
unbiased Death and Relaxation- loc 2153-"Whomever I choose will be unbiased." 6/28-6/30
vegetables Set Ablaze- loc 628- But Jez had found enough vegetables and seasonings to whip together a decent stir-fry. 6/9-6/10

message 27: by Robin (last edited Jul 01, 2018 02:52PM) (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 97 comments JUNE list:

8/10 words
4/5 bonus
0/1 bonus-bonus
5/7 leftovers
6 Books read

adorable One Snowy Night 6/15/18
LOC: Page 2 "At his side sat Carl, his huge, eternally hungry, adorable doberman."

atmosphere
LOC:

copper The Blackhouse 6/23/18
LOC: Page 40 "...pushing out a thick beard of fusewire copper shot through with silver."

crowded Murder on Marble Row 6/9/18
LOC: Page 144 "The single room was crowded, but she managed to claim one of the small round tables for them."

heap Grave Phantoms 6/17/18
LOC: Page 259 "Ornate lamps, chairs, and china had been stacked against the wall in a heap, along with a rolled up rug."

horizon Grave Phantoms 6/17/18
LOC: Page 208 "The Pacific was a dark blanket that stretched out and met the stars at the horizon."

joke Murder on Marble Row 6/9/18
LOC: Page 57 "Neighbors called to neighbors, and women laughed sharing a joke."

market One Snowy Night 6/15/18
LOC: Page 128 "The investigative and elite security firm was carried on Archer's reputation alone, no ads or marketing required."

tomato
LOC:

yawn The Bad Luck Wedding Night 6/1/18
LOC: Page 85 "A yawning ache opened up inside of her."

Bonus:

dime One Snowy Night 6/15/18
LOC: Page 6 "Once again she looked into his eyes, and at what she saw, her heart stopped on a dime."

gymnast
LOC:

limousine Grave Phantoms 6/17/18
LOC: Page 7 "She furiously wiped at the fogged-up window of her brother's Pierce Arrow limousine with the mink cuff of her coat."

unbiased Separate Beds 6/8/18
LOC: Page 141 "I can imagine how unbiased their advice will be."

vegetables The Bad Luck Wedding Night 6/1/18
LOC: Page 261 "Inside the exhibit hall, we want settlers and investors to be able to study samples of most grains, grasses, fruits, vegetables, and minerals produced in the state."

BonusBonus:

ill-fated
LOC:

Leftovers:

lime - May 2018 The Blackhouse 6/22/18
LOC: Page 14 "The whitehouses were built in the twenties of stone and lime, or concrete block..."

chlorine - Bonus May 2018
LOC:

gremlin - Bonus May 2018 Separate Beds 6/8/18
LOC: page 76 "Just to even the scales a little bit, some cunning gremlin inside Bobbi made her call after the couple..."

vacuum - Bonus May 2018 Separate Beds 6/8/18
LOC: page 47 "The vacuum cleaner sighed into silence."

monarch - Bonus Dec 2017 The Bad Luck Wedding Night 6/1/18
LOC: Page 351 "I find it amazing how swift the tide of justice can run once a monarch waves her scepter over the proceedings."

jigsaw - Bonus Mar 2018
LOC:

festival - April 2018) The Blackhouse 6/23/18
LOC: Page 5 "It was a late, sultry warm in a way that is only ever gets at festival time."

The Bad Luck Wedding Night (Bad Luck Brides, #4) by Geralyn Dawson Separate Beds by LaVyrle Spencer Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery, #6) by Victoria Thompson Grave Phantoms (Roaring Twenties, #3) by Jenn Bennett One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay, #2.5) by Jill Shalvis The Blackhouse (Lewis Trilogy, #1) by Peter May The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6) by Jennifer Ashley

message 28: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (psreadthisbook) | 313 comments June Monthly Word Hunt
0/10 Completed

1. adorable:
2. atmosphere:
3. copper:
4. crowded:
5. heap:
6. horizon:
7. joke:
8. market:
9. tomato:
10. yawn:

Bonus Words
0/5 Completed

1. dime:
2. gymnast:
3. limousine:
4. unbiased:
5. vegetables:

message 29: by LaurLa (last edited Jun 30, 2018 05:16PM) (new)

LaurLa | 3813 comments June Word Hunt
June 2018

MY Word Hunt (msg 29)

10 of 10 Words Found
5 of 5 Bonus Words; 1 of 1 Bonus Bonus found
7 of 8 Books Read

June Words
Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10) by Kresley Cole Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando) by Gennita Low Shadow Bound (Unbound, #2) by Rachel Vincent Seven Viking Romances by Anonymous

🌸✔adorable
Demon from the Dark - Kresley Cole - 06.03 ★★★★
Ruby was fearless and bright, an adorable little girl (loc: 55.1)

🌸✔atmosphere
Big Bad Wolf - Gennita Low - 06.02 ★★★
She kept the atmosphere thoroughly businesslike, (loc: 55.1)

🌸✔copper
Shadow Bound - Rachel Vincent - 06.15 ★★★★
The two chain links on her arm were the color of tarnished copper. (loc: 148.8)

🌸✔crowded
It’s getting crowded around here. (loc: 350.6)

🌸✔heap
Seven Viking Romances - Anonymous - 06.07 ★★
Odd heaved all the berserks into a single heap and piled timber around them. (loc: 118.0)

🌸✔horizon
Behind her, a rocky desert stretched to the horizon. (loc: 86.7)

🌸✔joke
...and it occurred to him that he might play a bit of a joke on the berserks… (loc: 424.6)

🌸✔market
Karli went all the way north to Permia where he attended a market; (loc: 519.6)

🌸✔tomato
...while she made two grilled-cheese-and-tomato sandwiches, (loc: 128.8)

🌸✔yawn
Ruby yawned, her puffy lids drooping. (loc: 63.2)

Bonus
Big Bad Wolf (COS Commando) by Gennita Low Her Last Chance (Her, #2) by Toni Anderson Uncivilized (Uncivilized, #1) by Sawyer Bennett Fair Play (New York Blades, #2) by Deirdre Martin BAD DREAMS The Edge of Texas~Book 4 (Romantic Thriller) by June/J.D. Faver

🌸✔dime
I’m just about to finish paying off every dime I owe you? (loc: 18.0)

🌸✔gymnast
Her Last Chance - Toni Anderson - 06.23 ★★★★
I was a gymnast back then so it was easy. (loc:151.1)

🌸✔limousine
Uncivilized - Sawyer Bennet - 06.16 ★★★★★
Moira sits straddling me in the limousine on the way home. (loc: 489.6)

🌸✔unbiased
Fair Play - Deirdre Martin - 06.14 ★★★
Let me hear your completely objective, unbiased opinion. (loc: 161.8)

🌸✔vegetables
Baked chicken and vegetables. (loc: 39.2)

🌸**ill-fated**
BAD DREAMS - J.D. Faver
Tears for the ill-fated Emma who’d had the misfortune to fall prey to Edwin Cage, (loc: 484.4)

message 30: by Andrea (last edited Jun 27, 2018 02:07PM) (new)

Andrea | 101 comments Read: 10/10
Bonus Read: 4/6

adorable - The Doctor in Unit H - Jun5 - 4*
LOC 1044 - "Maddox, this place is adorable"
atmosphere - Oops, Caught - Jun6 - 2*
LOC 280 - " Didn't know you two weren't 'board till we left Awok atmosphere."
copper - Forging the Future - Jun9 - 5*
LOC 2257 - "The copper silk swing dress she was wearing complemented her curves and accentuated her toned legs."
crowded - Discreet Young Gentleman - Jun3 - 5*
LOC 909 - "They brushed against each other in the crowded ballroom."
heap - Orgasmic Texas Dawn - Jun10 - 5*
LOC 554 - "Elsie pushed a plate at her, and Jesse-Belle began to heap food on it"
horizon - Murder Takes the High Road - Jun4 - 5*
LOC 2139 - " I gazed out at the endless blue horizon, breathing in the sea air."
joke - The Lone Rancher - Jun7 - 5*
LOC 205 - "He grinned at his own joke."
market - Match Day - Jun8 - 3*
LOC 490 - "I picked up some things at the mini-market."
tomato - The Cattle Baron's Bogus Boyfriend - Jun6 - 5*
LOC 153 - "Jonah decided on the fried green tomato BLT on whole-grain toast from Lembas Bakery, a local shop owned by a lesbian couple who made amazing bread and pastries."
yawn - Bob the Destroyer of Leads - Jun5 - 4*
LOC 590 - "Will fought to hold back a yawn"

Bonus
dime - More than Just a Good Book - Jun21 - 3*
LOC 197 - "Books, CDs, cassettes, magazines, dime novels, fanzine, postcards and other published works filled the shelfes..."
gymnast
limousine - Dragon's Hoard - Jun27 - 4*
LOC 1346 - "As they approached the limousine the driver jumped out and hurried around to open the door."
unbiased - Booked Up - Jun24 - 3*
LOC 789 - "The department head, feigning a look of unbiased indifference, leaned closer to Madeleine"
vegetables - The Badge and the Bunny - Jun18 - 3*
LOC 487 - "I eat plenty of vegetables."

BonusBonus
ill-fated

message 31: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3813 comments Jane, I have found "illfated" twice but no "ill-fated"... will you accept without the hyphen?

message 32: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3813 comments LaurLa wrote: "Jane, I have found "illfated" twice but no "ill-fated"... will you accept without the hyphen?"

Nevermind! I found a hyphenated one :-D

message 33: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments I would have accepted the hyphenated spelling 🙂

Well found LaurLa!!

message 34: by Beth (last edited Jul 02, 2018 03:08PM) (new)

Beth I'm in!

10/10, 3/5, 0/1

adorable I'll Be Your Blue Sky, Marisa de Los Santos p. 50 "No, I think it's adorable," said Zach.
atmosphere Though Hell Should Bar the Way, David Drake p. 119 "It wouldn't set you spinning when you hit the atmosphere."
copper Song of the Current, Sarah Tolscer p. 143 "and sank into the steaming copper tub"
crowded A Game of Chance, Linda Howard 6/2/18 "if you don't mind being a little crowded." Chapter 5
heap A Game of Chance, Linda Howard 6/2/18 "the occasional little heap of rubble" chapter 5
horizon I'll Be Your Blue Sky, Marisa de Los Santos p.124 "Johns voice kept on, long and even as a horizon."
joke King and Joker, Peter Dickinson 6/9 p. 65 "You have to joke about it some of the time."
market Night's Master, Tanith Lee 6/22/18 p. 86 "the Eshva crossed the market place of a vast city"
tomato Sammy Keyes and the Art of Deception, p. 67 “tomato goop just running down his face”
yawn King and Joker, Peter Dickinson 6/9 p. 83 "She could see him almost yawning with relief"

BONUS

dime A Game of Chance, Linda Howard 6/2/18 "The dime didn't drop until she noticed he was driving to the airport." Chapter 15
gymnast
limousine Prince Joe, Suzanne Brockman p. 277 "Joe leaned across the limousine, closer to the cameras."
unbiased
vegetables I'll Be Your Blue Sky, Marisa de Los Santos p.95 "She could talk to the grocer about vegetables."

Bonus Bonus
ill-fated

Leftovers:
relent My Brigadista Year, Katherine Paterson 6/24/18 p. 29 "I relented and let her make me a new nightgown"
vacuum When You Reach Me Rebecca Stead p. 8 "Don't you ever vacuum?" I said.

message 35: by Suzanne (last edited Jul 25, 2018 07:52AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges
2018 June Word Hunt
Duration:
1 - 30 June 2018

Progress: 12 out of 10

June:

Adorable: "That question had come from Sue Shore, a very pregnant adorable woman seated next to her, whose husband Derek was the kicker." - Kindle Locations 3709-3710
The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton - **** - 6/6/2018 - 324 Pages

Atmosphere: "When you have a more compassionate mind and cultivate warmheartedness, the whole atmosphere around you becomes more positive and friendlier." Page 129
The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Dalai Lama XIV - ***** - 6/4/2018 - 354 Pages

Copper: "Their armor, while tarnished, was well crafted from copper and leather."
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - ***** - 6/5/2018 - 454 Pages

Crowded: "As we walked out of the airport, the media crowded around the two leaders and shouted questions about the Archbishop’s trip." Page 21
The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Dalai Lama XIV - ***** - 6/4/2018 - 354 Pages

Heap: "All that was needed was a heap—no, three heaps—of sugar, and some hot cream and— 'Are you going to temple?'" Page 162

Horizon: "Still staring at his outstretched hand, forever pointing toward an unreachable horizon, Celaena said a silent prayer for the dead Champion, and wished him well."

Joke: "(Full disclosure: I am Jewish, although I also identify as secular—it sounds a little like a joke: A Buddhist, a Christian, and a Jew walk into a bar . . .)" Page 5

Market: "A confectioner's, a real sweet shop of the sort she'd only heard of. The tiny place wasn't much larger than a market stall, but it was filled from ceiling to floor with the sin of gluttony—sin shimmering with crystallized sugar, sin tinted in every color ..." Page 95
Desperately Seeking a Duke by Celeste Bradley - ***** - 6/27/2018 - 332 Pages

tomato

Yawn: "I suppose Ruth must have picked up on this, because she stretched out her arms and did a kind of yawn, saying: 'If I ever learn to drive a car, I'd take us all on a trip to some wild place. Dartmoor, say." Page 184
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro - **** - 6/8/2018 - 288 Pages

Bonus

Dime: "He had most definitely come through in the midst of the madness ... but it was good to have things back to normal. And to think, they'd managed to do it all without stealing a dime!" Page 332

gymnast

Limousine: "There were no crepe paper streamers attached to the limousine that waited for them at the curb, no tin cans and just married signs, none of the wonderful silliness reserved for ordinary people who loved each other." Page 10
Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - ***** - 6/11/2018 - 384 Pages

unbiased

Vegetables: "Here he was, bound and gagged, in the back of a cart that smelled of rotten vegetables, covered by a length of scratchy burlap that let the light spike through his aching eyes in tiny bright squares." Page 278

And A Bonus Bonus:

ill-fated

The Book of Joy Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Dalai Lama XIV Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1) by Celeste Bradley

To prove that you have found the word, please quote the page, percentage or LOC (Kindle) and include the sentence in which it appears.

Audiobooks are allowed so long as you can quote the page/%/LOC and the sentence. (Eg Using whispersync or finding that sentence in some other way.)

You must find the actual word or the word's root word must be at the core with the meaning essentially remaining the same ~ just turned into a noun, adjective, adverb etc. No prefixes or hyphenated extensions. An extension is allowed where it is often the accepted spelling eg goodbye or good-bye.

Where a word has more than one meaning, either meaning may be used. Eg coast (beachfront) or coast (moving without effort) etc

Please post all entries, updates, final posts and questions in this thread.

Examples for 'Reversal'
Reverse - Laser Visions √ 15 May
p50-51 : There were a couple of bands Tam had that this person didn't, but none in the reverse.

Reversing - Sunset √ 10 Jul
p204 : Reversing his grip on his katana, he held it out to Nick.

(view spoiler)

message 36: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 254 comments Finished on post #8, happy reading everyone!

message 37: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Congrats Georgina!!

message 38: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1414 comments All done (bonus bonus as well).

Words found: 10/10
Bonus words found: 5/5
Bonus Bonus words found: 1/1
Books completed: 7

1. ADORABLE — Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts ✓ 10 June
LOC 1375: Hank, adorable to her eye with his trim goatee, scholarly glasses, and Will Cook for Sex bib apron, manned the grill.

2. ATMOSPHERE — Namibia Handbook by Lizzie Williams ✓ 5 June
p. 47: With its neatly laid out grids of streets and orderly atmosphere, Windhoek is nothing like a bustling, chaotic African city and first-time visitors might think they have arrived in a medium-sized Bavarian or Austrian town.

3. COPPER — Namibia Handbook by Lizzie Williams ✓ 5 June
p. 54: Although they look like fairly ordinary rocks, the meteorites are in fact made from solid metal: 90-95% iron, 8% nickel, and some smaller amounts of cobalt, phosphorus, carbon, sulphur, chrome, copper and other trace elements.

4. CROWDED — Namibia Handbook by Lizzie Williams ✓ 5 June
p. 47: The streets themselves are generally busy without being intolerably crowded, traffic pollution has yet to become a serious issue and gridlock is, for the time being, unheard of.

5. HEAP — Lonely Planet Botswana & Namibia by Anthony Ham & Trent Holden ✓ 7 June
p. 229: This crafts centre is an outlet for heaps of wonderful Namibian inspiration—leatherwork, basketry, pottery, jewellery, needlework, hand-painted textiles and other material arts—and the artist and origin of each piece is documented.

6. HORIZON — Namibia by Jeremiah Allen ✓ 4 June
p. 16: Spending your two weeks in the Kavango and Caprivi regions will allow you time to canoe down the Okavango River alongside gigantic crocodiles, in the presence of ever dangerous hippos while watching the sky fill with ruby-orange colors as the sun falls over the horizon.

7. JOKE — Namibia by Jeremiah Allen ✓ 4 June
p. 211: Not particularly an easy place to reach, yet there are several options: 1) Hitchhike, which can take several days (no joke) to get a lift.

8. MARKET — Namibia by Jeremiah Allen ✓ 4 June
p. 15: After one night in Windhoek, head north to Okahandija stopping at the wood market for souvenirs and crafts, then continue on to Etosha National Park.

9. TOMATO — Namibia by Chris McIntyre ✓ 6 June
p. 132: The tomato soup is recommended & there's a good range of South African wines.

10. YAWN — Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts ✓ 10 June
LOC 4805: Yawning, he checked on the kids and peeked into the guest room where Emily sometimes slept when he snored.

Bonus
1. DIME — Deep as the Dead by Kylie Brant ✓ 13 June
LOC : At this point, I’d spring for a room on my own dime.

2. GYMNAST — Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts ✓ 10 June
LOC 62: Mi had turned seventeen in May, dated sporadically, as she currently preferred science to boys, and skimmed just above the nerd line only because of her prowess as a gymnast and solid slot on the cheerleading squad.

3. LIMOUSINE — The President Is Missing by James Patterson & Bill Clinton ✓ 13 June
LOC 3288: The limousine is parked on 13th Street Northwest by the curb.

4. UNBIASED — Namibia by Chris McIntyre ✓ 6 June
p. 340: Our advice is unbiased and our aim is simple: to ensure you have the best possible trip.

5. VEGETABLES — Namibia by Chris McIntyre ✓ 6 June
p. 206: Provisions such as bacon, milk, eggs, & salad vegetables & herbs, not to mention homemade bread, salamis & cheeses, add considerably to the meals enjoyed by guests who are welcome to visit the farm neat Canon Lodge.

Bonus bonus
1. ILL-FATED — Deep as the Dead by Kylie Brant ✓ 13 June
LOC : His second marriage had been as ill-fated as the first.

Namibia Handbook, 7th by Lizzie Williams Lonely Planet Botswana & Namibia by Lonely Planet Namibia (Other Places Travel Guide) by Jeremiah Allen Namibia by Chris McIntyre Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts Deep as the Dead (The Mindhunters Book 9) by Kylie Brant The President Is Missing by Bill Clinton

message 39: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Mojca wrote: "All done (bonus bonus as well).

Words found: 10/10
Bonus words found: 5/5
Bonus Bonus words found: 1/1
Books completed: 7

1. ADORABLE — Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts ✓ 10 June..."

Congrats Mojca!!

message 40: by Rissa (new)

Rissa | 647 comments Finished! See message 11! :)

Another awesome month, Jane, thanks!

message 41: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Congrats Rissa!! Glad you enjoyed it 😊

message 42: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1659 comments All finished Jane...thanks!
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 43: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Tammie wrote: "All finished Jane...thanks!
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Congrats Tammie!!

message 44: by Nicole (last edited Jun 25, 2018 07:28AM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments Oh yeah! I feel victorious! I finally found the bonus bonus word! Woohoo! Thanks Jane for hosting :) As usual this was fun!

June Word Hunt

Regular Words: 10/10 found

✓ Adorable: Archangel's Enigma by Nalini Singh (02/06) ★★★★★
"...mischievous smile was adorable ..." Page 152

✓ Atmosphere: Trick Play by Alison Hendricks (02/06) ★★★
"It's not exactly the ideal atmosphere to hatch a crazy plan..." Loc 413

✓ Copper: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (03/06) ★★★
"...someone had picked out the copper cooking range..." Page 75

✓ Crowded: Stripping the Billionaire by Noelle Adams (03/06) ★★★

✓ Heap: His Undercover Princess by Avery Flynn (03/06) ★★★
"She fell into a heap on her chair..." Loc 1683

✓ Horizon: 3:AM Kisses by Addison Moore (02/06) ★★
"...of something wonderful on the horizon ." Page 75

✓ Joke: 3:AM Kisses by Addison Moore (02/06) ★★
"...but resist the lame joke at the expense..." Page 11

✓ Market: Tapping Her by Max Monroe (01/06) ★★★
"It's just gone on the market and I think it's priced pretty fair..." Loc 1481

✓ Tomato: The Bear Who Loved Me by Kathy Lyons (04/06) ★★★★
"...odd combination of his soap, tomato sauce, and gunpowder." Page 202

✓ Yawn: Archangel's Enigma by Nalini Singh (02/06) ★★★★★
"...opened his eyes on a yawn ." Page 192

Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8) by Nalini Singh Trick Play (Eastshore Tigers, #3) by Alison Hendricks Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Stripping the Billionaire (Heirs of Damon, #4) by Noelle Adams His Undercover Princess (Tempt Me, #1) by Avery Flynn 3 AM Kisses (3 AM Kisses, #1) by Addison Moore Tapping Her (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1.5) by Max Monroe The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild, #1) by Kathy Lyons

Bonus Words: 5/5 found

✓ Dime: The Bear Who Loved Me by Kathy Lyons (04/06) ★★★★
"They had squeezed every last dime to get by..." Page 47

✓ Gymnast: Uncharted by Julie Johnson (10/06) ★★★★
"Who? Olympic Gymnast ." Page 137

✓ Limousine: License to Shift by Kathy Lyons (08/06) ★★★
"...if she were stepping into a limousine ." Page 171

✓ Unbiased: Archangel's Enigma by Nalini Singh (02/06) ★★★★★
"...she's proven her loyalty to unbiased scholarship..." Page 41

✓ Vegetables: The Bear Who Loved Me by Kathy Lyons (04/06) ★★★★
"...get these men to eat some fresh vegetables would be a good way..." Page 237

The Bear Who Loved Me (Grizzlies Gone Wild, #1) by Kathy Lyons Uncharted (Uncharted, #1) by Julie Johnson License to Shift (Grizzlies Gone Wild) by Kathy Lyons Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8) by Nalini Singh

And a bonus bonus
✓ Ill-fated: Fall Out by Zoe York (25/06) ★★★
"...in anticipation of the ill-fated hookup..." Page 17

Fall Out (SEALs Undone, #1) by Zoe York

message 45: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Congrats Nicole!! 🎉

message 46: by Deedee (last edited Jun 30, 2018 07:50PM) (new)

Deedee | 179 comments 2018 June Word Hunt
Completed: 10/10
Bonus: 2/5

Books Used:
Time Shards by Dana Fredsti Florida by Lauren Groff Etta by Gerald Kolpan The Scarlet Plague by Jack London Hero of the Empire The Boer War, a Daring Escape, and the Making of Winston Churchill by Candice Millard Omakase by Weike Wang

adorable: Omakase – about 60% through story: “”He was leaning on his elbows, like a little boy waiting for a treat from his mother in the kitchen. Adorable , the woman noted, and momentarily felt fine again.”

atmosphere: Hero of the Empire: The Boer War, a Daring Escape, and the Making of Winston Churchill – p. 48: “The atmosphere there, however, was not one of exhilaration but of grim determination.”

copper: Hero of the Empire: The Boer War, a Daring Escape, and the Making of Winston Churchill – p. 150: “’As I observed the ticket office with its copper bars under which the tickets were sold,’ a burgher named Kenzenkamp would later write, ‘I felt it answered to the appearance of a jail.’”

crowded: Etta – p. 126: “As she watched the black carriage move down the crowded narrow street….”

heap: Florida – p. 141: “Helena ordered a hamburger with a luxurious heap of fried onions and gorgonzola on it….”

horizon: Hero of the Empire: The Boer War, a Daring Escape, and the Making of Winston Churchill – p. 106: “The men scanned the horizon with their field glasses and telescopes….”

joke: The Scarlet Plague – p. 14: “He was unaware that a joke had been played on him….”

market: Florida – p. 140: “….and wandering bands of drummer girls who danced under the streetlights and played ferociously in the former slave market filled with textiles and handicrafts.”

tomato: Etta – p. 35: “Luncheon might consist of a tomato , hollowed out to admit a mixture of meats and cheese.”

yawn: Time Shards -- p. 107: “’Amber,’ she said, the word followed by a jaw-cracking yawn .”

Bonus

dime: Etta – p. 64: “It sounds like something out of a dime novel….”

gymnast:

limousine:

unbiased:

vegetables: Florida – p. 123: “The women gave out little yodels of surprise when they arrived to find the men in the kitchen with aprons, chopping vegetables .”

BonusBonus

ill-fated :

message 47: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21315 comments Congrats Deedee!!

message 48: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (dlbell208) | 86 comments Since I know I won't be finishing another book this month, I'll be carrying over limousine, unbiased and ill-fated. It's amazing how many people rode in limos, but not one rode in a limousine. :-)

Regular Words: 10/10
Bonus Words: 3/5
Bonus Bonus Word: 0/1

Regular Words:

adorable: White Hot by Ilona Andrews - p. 271 - "You do. It's adorable." - 6/6/18

atmosphere: NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - p. 663 - "Vic glided through the atmosphere of ruin..." - 6/18/18

copper: White Hot by Ilona Andrews - p. 374 - "My mouth tasted like a copper penny." - 6/6/18

crowded: Unlawful Seizure by Baylee Rose - p. 143 - "I should have told her anywhere, but a crowded courtroom..." - 6/10/18

heap: White Hot by Ilona Andrews - p. 181 - "They dropped the man in a heap on the ground." - 6/6/18

horizon: You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly - loc. 1559 - "...her gaze riveted to the looming mansion on the horizon." - 6/2/18

joke: Unlawful Seizure by Baylee Rose - p. 129 - "That shit is a joke, and I doubt they'd even let a murderer have them." - 6/10/18

market: NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - p. 640 - "Looming behind and beyond this little town market were the attractions..." - 6/18/18

tomato: Unlawful Seizure by Baylee Rose - p. 175 - "Tomato, to-mat-toe," he shrugs." - 6/10/18

yawn: NOS4A2 by Joe Hill - p. 58 - "Bing opened his mouth to answer, only to find himself struggling against a yawn." - 6/18/18

Bonus Words:

dime: You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly - loc. 2723 - "I get checked every year on the government's dime, but..." - 6/2/18

gymnast: Fearless Writing: How to Create Boldly and Write with Confidence by William Kenower - p. 34 - "The gymnast crossing a balance beam experiences two sensations: the comfort of balance and the discomfort of imbalance." - 6/17/18

limousine:

unbiased:

vegetables: You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly - loc. 1938 - "Next level, instead of fruits and vegetable, you've got the three C's: cookies, candy and caffeine." - 6/2/18

Bonus Bonus Word:

ill-fated:

You've Got Male by Elizabeth Bevarly White Hot (Hidden Legacy, #2) by Ilona Andrews Unlawful Seizure (Filthy Florida Alphas, #1) by Baylee Rose NOS4A2 by Joe Hill Fearless Writing How to Create Boldly and Write with Confidence by William Kenower

message 49: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A | 769 comments June Word Hunt
Completed: 16/16

adorable - "make them think I'm an adorable old lady" Incredible You pg 102
atmosphere - "the atmosphere around the table was tense" Wildflower pg 128
copper - "knowing that bronze was made of tin and copper" New Boy pg 65
crowded - "I am not having sex with you in a crowded room." Fire and Ice pg 224
heap - "he left me in a crumpled heap on the floor" Fire and Ice pg 2
horizon - "the sun was nearly below the horizon" Learning to Love pg 10
joke - "They said it was a joke" New Boy pg 80
market - "buy the property when it came on the market again" Her Dakota Man pg 9
tomato - "their dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup" Her Dakota Man pg 66
yawn - "I stifled a sigh, turning it into a yawn." A Fistful of Charms pg 412

Bonus
dime - "throwing things like this together on a dime" Incredible You pg 93
gymnast - "she was as nimble as a gymnast" Pancakes and Corpses pg 89
limousine - "picking her way in heels toward a waiting limousine" Before I Fall pg 419
unbiased - "I could look at him without fan-girling, I could be unbiased." Kulti Loc 474
vegetables - "I'm a good kid who eats her vegetables and doesn't back talk." Learning to Love pg 88

and a bonus bonus
ill-fated - "Probably the same place we've always been: walking a fine, and tragically ill-fated line." Enjoy Your Stay pg 37

Her Dakota Man 6/1
Fire and Ice 6/2
New Boy 6/2
Incredible You 6/3
Wildflower 6/4
Learning to Love 6/5
Kulti 6/8
A Fistful of Charms 6/13
Before I Fall 6/20
Enjoy Your Stay 6/23
Pancakes and Corpses 6/24

message 50: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3813 comments Found all the words... just didn't get that last one read :-(
Original post: MY Word Hunt (msg 29)

10 of 10 Words Found
5 of 5 Bonus Words; 1 of 1 Bonus Bonus found
7 of 8 Books Read

« previous 1