Bookish Kingdom discussion

Leah on the Offbeat (Simonverse, #3)
This topic is about Leah on the Offbeat
Buddy Reads > BR Leah on the Offbeat, May 20 (2018)

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ilsen Leon | 768 comments Mod
Hey! So there is 35 chapters in Leah on the Offbeat so I thought we could read 5 chapters every 2 days but of course this is just a guideline. We can read ahead if you want!

5/20 and 5/21: Read until chapter 5
5/22 and 5/23: Read until chapter 10
5/24 and 5/25: Read until chapter 15
5/26 and 5/27: Read until chapter 20
5/28 and 5/29: Read until chapter 25
5/30 and 5/31: Read until chapter 30
6/1 and 6/2: Read until the end

The Half-blood Reader (half_bloodreader) | 948 comments Mod
Ok, right now is the 20th for me, so I'm starting xD
Let's see how it goes!

message 3: by The Half-blood Reader (last edited May 23, 2018 03:16AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Until Chapter 5
(view spoiler)

Until Chapter 5

I do not know why it took me so long but I’m here. And I am going to catch up I swear.

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

I finished until Chapter 10. I just haven’t posted my thoughts yet.

Don't worry.

Until Chapter 10
(view spoiler)

@Regsly

(view spoiler)

Until Chapter 10

(view spoiler)

As much I want to read right now, it is almost 4 am. I need to sleep now.

(view spoiler)

Until Chapter 15

(view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Yup, then it's prolly a 3 in 1. I have one of those.

I've read until chapter 20, but I've been raging so much on my reactions that I'm afraid of posting it and ruining the read for you...

Omg no what happened? I need to post Chapter 15 soon! I’ve just been busy.

Everyone in the cast is annoying me and Nick and Abby are taking over the book. Is this book about Leah or-- is what I feel like asking...

I even found myself muttering while rubbing cream on my face the following: "At least when s* happened in Simon, Leah made us the favour of going away"

Also, don't worry about it. I am also behind xD

Until Chapter 20

(view spoiler)

Until Chapter 25

(view spoiler)

message 19: by The Half-blood Reader (last edited Jun 06, 2018 10:29PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Until Chapter 30

(view spoiler)

Edit: You can actually feel my motivation going down

message 20: by The Half-blood Reader (last edited Jun 06, 2018 11:35PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Finished Chapter 35
(view spoiler)

Omg girl.. I really need to catch up. Currently in Europe so I actually don’t know when. I’m on Chapter 23. I’m going to try to finish but so far I’m loving it. But I want to know your thoughts. Ok gotta go get ready. I’m going to have lunch on the Eiffel Tower. Also, hopefully I won’t get mugged because yesterday I almost got mugged because I was being followed by two men until this local lady saved us. Jesus I was traumatized. Ok but seriously got go

message 22: by The Half-blood Reader (last edited Jun 07, 2018 12:27AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Enjoy yourself and forget about catching up!
I love the Eiffel Tower <3
Yeah, that can be a problem in any big city or deserted place in the world. Specially when one gives out the tourist/newcomer/lost vibes. Evil people...
Be careful! Carry the police number on you or ask for help from people at stores!

Yea we were definitely lost tourists and plus I was an idiot and leaving my phone out because I was used to that. And plus we were going from train to train but my mom said after yesterday we aren’t doing that anymore. We’re just going to take Uber. I was crying all the way back to my hotel when I realized what was happening. Like I seriously just wanted to go home. I still kinda do but I don’t have any other choice. Hopefully today will be better.

message 24: by The Half-blood Reader (last edited Jun 07, 2018 12:45AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

You were just a bit unlucky yesterday, but not that much since you were saved :) Take it just as a lesson from life to be careful
Think about it like this: I was there for like 4 days (I'm terrible at numbers) and nothing happened and everyone was nice! (the one thing that happened was the Irish drunk dudes w/ beer cans who turned and flashed their asses but ok)

Omg Regsly XD Ok but that’s just weird more than traumatizing. Hopefully I will take some model pictures and send them to you guys. I can only use WiFi when I’m out in Europe so that means when I’m in the hotel which is mostly to get ready XD

My life is full of stories like that xD
Yes, share the memories!! :3 Everything better now?

Yes definitely! I had the best time in the Eiffel Tower and in Paris in general! I didn’t want to leave it was so beautiful! Now I’m in Barcelona which is also so beautiful and so many things to do, so little time. But I do miss reading.

Omg Regsly I just saw your rating and I’m so scared. How could you do this to me? Now I just have to know what changed your mind so I better post my thoughts quick.

Until Chapter 15

(view spoiler)

Until Chapter 20

(view spoiler)

message 30: by The Half-blood Reader (last edited Jun 11, 2018 11:17AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Okay so Jellies were super in during the 90's. The biggest colours were pink, blue and clear, all transparent, with or without glitter.
It was so big, my Shelly - Barbie's sister - had pink jellies.

This was the design I remember from my childhood. But there were ones like summer shoes-sandals, these are all open on the heel *shrugs*

Abby's prolly going for a model like this

It's an unpopular opinion. Most people loved it. *shrugs*

Old cities <3

Interesting. Scholarships are portrayed always the same way in American films, so one gets confused. Well, could be worse. I had to apply each year at the beginning of the semester, with a bunch of paperwork and documents and stuff and then I waited months to know if I'd been accepted. The plus side is that during that time, you're not obliged to pay the monthly fee/tuition? and the insurance fee, and it doesn't accumulate interest. But once the results for applicants are out you have to pay all those months together.

As far as I know, short skirts aren't supposed to be cool for the longest time. But they keep showing? Abby, for example, it's not the 1st time. Clare actually pulled off the denim skirt?? Which is worse XD And I know they don't mean short skirts above the knee - the only size I use for dresses and stuff

Hey Regsly!! I’m in Italy!! I finished the book and I did like it. I’m going to post my thoughts soon!!

Until Chapter 25

(view spoiler)

Until Chapter 30

(view spoiler)

Until Chapter 35

(view spoiler)

Also side note, that excerpt of What if It’s Us is the most adorable thing and I can’t wait for it to come out!

Yasssss eat for me, Ilsen! EAT! <3

See? Unpopular opinion xD *makes dramatical pose* Oh no, don't look at me differently, Ilsen!
Still curious though, wanna hear your feedback, even if I have a different one :3
Have fun! Londs ya

Geebus, Ilsen! *puts her non-existent reading glasses and cracks knuckles* Let's go!

Oh no of course! We all have different opinions! I love to see what you think and discuss about it!

OMG. I just realized we've been in more similar time zones THAN EVER BEFORE!
Why does that make me happy? xD

OMG I KNOW!!! It’s been a week and it still baffles me! It makes me very happy!! <3

Sniff we're so corny <3 Gotta love it! xD

So now you found out, I'm up when I should be sleeping usually lmaoooo

I didn't read the excerpt because I didn't wanna be influenced by my mood. Gotta read it..

Okay so
(view spoiler)