75 Books...More or Less! discussion

The Woman in Cabin 10
This topic is about The Woman in Cabin 10
Book Buddies > The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7994 comments Mod
Shelby and I will be reading The Woman in Cabin 10 next Friday, May 25th! Join us!

message 2: by JanB (new)

JanB  | 980 comments Is this open to anyone?

message 3: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

JanB wrote: "Is this open to anyone?"

Yes!

Annie | 396 comments I have this one in my TBR pile, will try to join in!

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 40 comments I'm in! :)

message 6: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments Very excited to get to this one! I wasn't a huge fan of In a Dark, Dark Wood (I liked it ok.) but of the three books she's published, this one sounds the most interesting to me. Reviews of her fourth book have been pretty good, though.

I really enjoyed reading My Lady Jane with everybody a while back, so I've been looking forward to participating in another buddy read with everyone! :)

message 7: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

So excited for so many to join in! :)

message 8: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments It begins! :)

message 9: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments I just wanted to mention in case anyone's interested that the ebook is on sale right now in the Apple iBooks store. In Canada at least, I'm not sure about other countries, but here it's $2.99 right now. Probably part of a promotion for her latest book release.

message 10: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments Three chapters in, and I'm liking it so far. I really wasn't expecting that beginning! Also I want to go on a cruise now, but we'll see how long THAT lasts lol. I wonder if they sell this book a lot in the shops of actual cruise liners? I would think they'd make it a regular item.

message 11: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelby wrote: "I just wanted to mention in case anyone's interested that the ebook is on sale right now in the Apple iBooks store. In Canada at least, I'm not sure about other countries, but here it's $2.99 right..."

Great deal! I can't wait to start reading when I get home! I love reading a physical book on a sunny day when screens just can't get bright enough. lol

message 12: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelby wrote: "Three chapters in, and I'm liking it so far. I really wasn't expecting that beginning! Also I want to go on a cruise now, but we'll see how long THAT lasts lol. I wonder if they sell this book a lo..."

Oh I do NOT think you'll want to go on a cruise by the time you're done the book. lol. Just knowing basically what's it about, nope! haha. I don't know if cruise lines would want a suspense/thriller book on their ships! Might freak passengers out after reading it!

message 13: by Andrea, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea | 4140 comments Mod
I agree Elyse!

message 14: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm home and I'm headed out on the deck to read! Woot! How is it, Shelby?! Are you finished?!

Annie | 396 comments Elyse wrote: "I'm home and I'm headed out on the deck to read! Woot! How is it, Shelby?! Are you finished?!"

Lol! I'm currently reading also, but inside! A little too hot out on my deck, not enough shade yet. Elyse, You'd better bring some cold beverages with you!

message 16: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments Elyse wrote: "I'm home and I'm headed out on the deck to read! Woot! How is it, Shelby?! Are you finished?!"

Lol. Not nearly! I haven't gotten any more in just yet. I have to work this weekend so I won't have a whole lot of time to read this weekend other than Sunday. My main read this readathon weekend is One by Sarah Crossan , but I'm going to be reading this off and on this weekend too.

I'm interested to see what everyone else's thoughts are reading this!

message 17: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Annie wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I'm home and I'm headed out on the deck to read! Woot! How is it, Shelby?! Are you finished?!"

Lol! I'm currently reading also, but inside! A little too hot out on my deck, not enoug..."

lol I've got water! It's almost 90 here but there's a lot of cloud coverage.

message 18: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

So far feels like And Then There Were None on a cruise ship!

message 19: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 40 comments I'm a couple of chapters in and also surprised by that opening scene... very creepy!

Annie | 396 comments Elyse wrote: "Annie wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I'm home and I'm headed out on the deck to read! Woot! How is it, Shelby?! Are you finished?!"

Lol! I'm currently reading also, but inside! A little too hot out on my d..."

Same here, currently 89 and overcast.
Completed parts one and two - I'm definitely hooked into the story!
What a fun way to enjoy the long weekend!

Cobwebby Reading Reindeer Remember Ukraine 🇺🇦  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 212 comments I'm joining, as a re-read. Read it in as an ARC in 2016, so this will be a fresh view.

message 22: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

May Is Fungi From Yuggoth wrote: "I'm joining, as a re-read. Read it in as an ARC in 2016, so this will be a fresh view."

Fun!

message 23: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I haven't read any today but I'm just into Part 3. I'll be heading out on the porch in a little bit to continue reading.

message 24: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I picked up In a Dark, Dark Wood at the library book sale today!

message 26: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments Elyse wrote: "I picked up In a Dark, Dark Wood at the library book sale today!"

I'm interested to see what you think. Thankfully for me all of her currently-published books are on Scribd so I have easy access to them. I hope they get The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware once it's out!

Cobwebby Reading Reindeer Remember Ukraine 🇺🇦  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 212 comments Scribd doesn't have The Lying Game, does it? Today it has The Outsider in audio! Woot!

message 28: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I can't put it down guys!! I have to know what happened!! lol! But I'm also getting that same way with listening to The Outsider! They're both riveting!

message 29: by Shelby (last edited May 26, 2018 11:50AM) (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments May Is Fungi From Yuggoth wrote: "Scribd doesn't have The Lying Game, does it? Today it has The Outsider in audio! Woot!"

I thought it did, and I just checked. It’s still on there, all three just in ebook. I know some countries don’t get certain titles. I want to get to that one soon too.

message 30: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 40 comments I've finished..! Had a quiet day and reached a point where I couldn't put it down.

message 31: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy wrote: "I've finished..! Had a quiet day and reached a point where I couldn't put it down."

I'm at Part 5 and I can't put it down!

message 32: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm almost done (Part 8/Chapter 31) and waiting for the other shoe to drop...

message 33: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments Finished my other book for this readathon so I'm finally back to joining you all!

message 34: by Andrea, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Andrea | 4140 comments Mod
Sooo good!!!

Annie | 396 comments I haven't been able to read anything yet today. Busy running errands all day. What I wouldn't give for a long line to stand in...

message 36: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just finished it!

message 37: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments I'm on chapter 5 now. The name of the boat is a little distracting for me because I'm used to the airship in Airborn (Matt Cruse, #1) by Kenneth Oppel being the Aurora.

message 38: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments Elyse wrote: "I just finished it!"

What you think?

message 39: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited May 26, 2018 03:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelby wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I just finished it!"

What you think?"

I liked it, it kept me guessing and wanting to keeeeep reading! Once I hit the halfway point I just couldn't put it down. I have issues with the ending though.

message 40: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelby wrote: "I'm on chapter 5 now. The name of the boat is a little distracting for me because I'm used to the airship in Airborn (Matt Cruse, #1) by Kenneth Oppel being the Aurora."

haha well it's nothing like Airborn so put that out of your head!

message 41: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments Elyse wrote: "Shelby wrote: "I'm on chapter 5 now. The name of the boat is a little distracting for me because I'm used to the airship in Airborn (Matt Cruse, #1) by Kenneth Oppel being the Aurora."

haha well it's nothing lik..."

Have you read Airborn? ;) Maybe it’s exactly the same! Lol

message 42: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelby wrote: "Have you read Airborn? ;) Maybe it’s exactly the same! Lol ..."

haha touche! No, I haven't yet but I have the audio and hardcover! But there are no flying ships in this book!

message 43: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments I'm up to part 3 now. Interested to see where this goes.

message 44: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelby wrote: "I'm up to part 3 now. Interested to see where this goes."

Once I got to Part 5, I basically couldn't/wouldn't put it down!

message 45: by Shelby (last edited May 28, 2018 12:05AM) (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments So I read some earlier this afternoon and took a break. Then a few hours ago I decided to go for some ice cream and finished chapters 12 & 13 waiting in line. I read while I ate and then decided to go to a nearby park so I could sit next to a fountain and listen/smell the water for a while while I finished part 4.

message 46: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments I just made it up to chapter 27. Planning to finish tomorrow.

message 47: by Shelby (new) - added it

Shelby Suderman | 1873 comments Is everybody else finished? What about you Annie?

Annie | 396 comments No, not finished. Digging back in this morning. Everyone else is sleeping in so once my tea is done steeping...

I love that you headed to the park to read near a fountain!

message 49: by Elyse, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shelby wrote: "So I read some earlier this afternoon and took a break. Then a few hours ago I decided to go for some ice cream and finished chapters 12 & 13 waiting in line. I read while I ate and then decided to..."

Oh that's delightful!!

message 50: by Amy (last edited May 28, 2018 10:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 40 comments Elyse wrote: "Shelby wrote: "Elyse wrote: "I just finished it!"

What you think?"

I liked it, it kept me guessing and wanting to keeeeep reading! Once I hit the halfway point I just couldn't put it down. I have..."

What bothered you about the ending?

Should we use spoiler tags to talk about the plot..?

« previous 1